Wearing a mask to h...

Notifications
Clear all

Wearing a mask to hide my severe cyst acne

MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 02/29/2016 6:59 am

So today I woke up and saw hell growing on my face, I've missed collage for a week already so i had to go collage today, guess what I did, I decided to wear a mask to school, cuz last my class mate saw me I broke out but not as hell much fucked up as now, so I'd rather they look @ me as a weirdoe wearing a mask than ewwwwww! What the hell is going in on your face shit question . when ever anyone looks @ me without that mask they give a strange stare , I think they are thanking God this didn't happen to them, BT the plus to me is that my friends are beeing sympathic to me but I see a df in the way they look @ me b4 my acne and after acne, now it's hard for them to look @ my face, it's better for me that way though, I have like the worst acne in my collage so it's weird for them to see my face the way it is , it's really bad , for three days I thought that I was dreaming, I wished I could wake up from that dream but sadly it was reality, I think acne causes more depression than any other disease in this world, I can't look @ my face too in the mirror it's terrible il attach my pic for u guys to check and see my severity , I did my blood test to start on accutane, I hope all will go well. I'm not my self , sadly acne has changed me , from a bold handsome ,social,friendly down to earth guy, to a low self-esteem, inferior, anti-social, depressed loser. My battle with this horror begins...PicsArt_02-29-04.11.14.thumb.jpg.d8b963d

MemberMember
(@lucythedog)

Posted : 03/03/2016 1:55 am

I am not sure what to say, as I rarely ever post a response but I didn't want to just read your story and leave. As someone who has suffered from acne for 3/4 s of my life, I full heartedly agree with you that acne can seriously impact an individual on many fronts: emotionally, socially, and psychologically leaving them more likely to depression. I am sorry you are experiencing this pain. It sounds like you are connecting with a doctor and you will begin Accutane treatment. I think this is a positive step which can lead you to good outcomes. It is great too that you are attempting to go to class even if you feel that you must cover up. Hopefully you can make a friend or two at college who will see beyond the acne and like you as a person; as to prevent full isolation and you can also experience some fun times at college. Perhaps your college offers free counselling. It might be helpful to talk to someone about your experience. Best of luck in your journey.

reebikah and Istu liked
MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 03/04/2016 4:28 am

On 3/3/2016 at 0:25 PM, Lucythedog said:

I am not sure what to say, as I rarely ever post a response but I didn't want to just read your story and leave. As someone who has suffered from acne for 3/4 s of my life, I full heartedly agree with you that acne can seriously impact an individual on many fronts: emotionally, socially, and psychologically leaving them more likely to depression. I am sorry you are experiencing this pain. It sounds like you are connecting with a doctor and you will begin Accutane treatment. I think this is a positive step which can lead you to good outcomes. It is great too that you are attempting to go to class even if you feel that you must cover up. Hopefully you can make a friend or two at college who will see beyond the acne and like you as a person; as to prevent full isolation and you can also experience some fun times at college. Perhaps your college offers free counselling. It might be helpful to talk to someone about your experience. Best of luck in your journey.

thank you man really helps a lot

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 03/11/2016 5:35 pm

On 2/29/2016 at 6:59 AM, Istu said:

So today I woke up and saw hell growing on my face, I've missed collage for a week already so i had to go collage today, guess what I did, I decided to wear a mask to school, cuz last my class mate saw me I broke out but not as hell much fucked up as now, so I'd rather they look @ me as a weirdoe wearing a mask than ewwwwww! What the hell is going in on your face shit question . when ever anyone looks @ me without that mask they give a strange stare , I think they are thanking God this didn't happen to them, BT the plus to me is that my friends are beeing sympathic to me but I see a df in the way they look @ me b4 my acne and after acne, now it's hard for them to look @ my face, it's better for me that way though, I have like the worst acne in my collage so it's weird for them to see my face the way it is , it's really bad , for three days I thought that I was dreaming, I wished I could wake up from that dream but sadly it was reality, I think acne causes more depression than any other disease in this world, I can't look @ my face too in the mirror it's terrible il attach my pic for u guys to check and see my severity , I did my blood test to start on accutane, I hope all will go well. I'm not my self , sadly acne has changed me , from a bold handsome ,social,friendly down to earth guy, to a low self-esteem, inferior, anti-social, depressed loser. My battle with this horror begins...

Hi there - I know exactly how you feel. I'm not a guy, but I think growing out your beard may help you feel more confident for the time being.

What I wish someone told me when I first started getting acne is change my diet!! It would have truly lessened my breakouts and maybe I wouldn't have been left with indented scarring.

The biggest culprits usually are sugar, dairy, and grains.

Stay away from anything package. Prepare all your foods. Eat everything fresh.

Are you using anything topically?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 04/24/2016 9:58 pm

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I had really bad acne too, and was put on Accutane(twice!), it really does work but you will experience some side effects. The main one is dry, flaky skin and really, REALLY chapped lips. It is so worth it though. Have you considered that the stress from being in college may be contributing to your acne? Are you doing anything to reduce your stress such as exercising, meditating, reading, having sex and etc? Try to reduce your stress as much as possible until you can get on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 05/05/2016 4:16 am

Thanks for understanding! But I just got bk fro. The derm andcsaid I could not use accutane cuz my kidney function is low ie high crestenine level. And also I can't take other oral meds and antibiotics! What can I do now? I've tried going off suger n diary , a little improvement, but once I get cleared I immediately suffer another breakout!!!!

On 4/25/2016 at 8:28 AM, MonroeQT said:

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I had really bad acne too, and was put on Accutane(twice!), it really does work but you will experience some side effects. The main one is dry, flaky skin and really, REALLY chapped lips. It is so worth it though. Have you considered that the stress from being in college may be contributing to your acne? Are you doing anything to reduce your stress such as exercising, meditating, reading, having sex and etc? Try to reduce your stress as much as possible until you can get on Accutane.

Thanks for understanding! But I just got bk fro. The derm andcsaid I could not use accutane cuz my kidney function is low ie high crestenine level. And also I can't take other oral meds and antibiotics! What can I do now? I've tried going off suger n diary , a little improvement, but once I get cleared I immediately suffer another breakout!!!!

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/05/2016 5:15 pm

This is the routine I use that I recommend for ANY type of Acne. Try it, you have nothing to lose aside from a few bucks:
Drink green tea at least 3x a day(Matcha green tea is the best)
Avoid artificial sugar, and dairy as much as possible,
Weekly face mask, I recommend fig and yarrow's clay mask

Wash with a gentle cleanser, I recommend the ju ju bar by Drunk Elephant or a Konjac sponge(they are around $7-$8)
Tone with alcohol-free witch hazel, I recommend Thayer's. You can also make a toner out of green tea and water, and put it in a spritzer bottle.
Moisturize with date oil(excellent for acne, infections, and inflammation), or The Wonder Seed's Facial cream

Try not to be upset that you can't be on Accutane. Even though I was on it twice, it still didn't clear me all the way up. Also, try to reduce your stress levels as much as possible.

I'm a firm believer in letting your body heal the acne without "anti-acne" products. The products I listed are great because they cleanse your skin, and help repair your skin, thus allowing your skin to itself. The green tea is great for balancing hormones, and for flushing out toxins. You've already triedcutting our dairy and sugar, so I assume you know the benefit there.

MemberMember
(@istu)

Posted : 05/07/2016 5:02 am

On 5/5/2016 at 3:45 AM, MonroeQT said:

This is the routine I use that I recommend for ANY type of Acne. Try it, you have nothing to lose aside from a few bucks:
Drink green tea at least 3x a day(Matcha green tea is the best)
Avoid artificial sugar, and dairy as much as possible,
Weekly face mask, I recommend fig and yarrow's clay mask

Wash with a gentle cleanser, I recommend the ju ju bar by Drunk Elephant or a Konjac sponge(they are around $7-$8)
Tone with alcohol-free witch hazel, I recommend Thayer's. You can also make a toner out of green tea and water, and put it in a spritzer bottle.
Moisturize with date oil(excellent for acne, infections, and inflammation), or The Wonder Seed's Facial cream

Try not to be upset that you can't be on Accutane. Even though I was on it twice, it still didn't clear me all the way up. Also, try to reduce your stress levels as much as possible.

I'm a firm believer in letting your body heal the acne without "anti-acne" products. The products I listed are great because they cleanse your skin, and help repair your skin, thus allowing your skin to itself. The green tea is great for balancing hormones, and for flushing out toxins. You've already triedcutting our dairy and sugar, so I assume you know the benefit there.

thanx a lot il give it a try and see, I hope il get, u know I just received a terrible news again my doctor told that as long as I'm taking prednisolone the acne will continue coming out, so most dermatologist saidcdey couldn't do anything about it. I'm so confused on what to do now!!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/07/2016 5:40 am

Why are you on prednisone? Acne is a rough beast. I've been dealing with it 16 years and I'm 32 now. If you at least saw a little improvement with diet, keep at it for at least 6 months (as strictly as possible). Paleo is a good place to start. With cystic acne, topicals may not work due to the infection being so deep. You can try the regimen if your skin is not sensitive. Lastly, if you can afford to do it, try a naturopath. It will at least offer you some guidance.

Acne sucks no matter how you look at it but sometimes you have to get up and go even when your mind and body tells you there's no point.

hugs from jersey.

reebikah liked
MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/08/2016 6:32 am

I really hope things get better for you. I'm sending good vibes your way. You also might look into zinc supplementation, it's been proven that in general, acne sufferers are deficient in that vitamin.

MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 05/11/2016 10:51 pm

Spironolactone may help....makes u stop sweating pretty much...

MemberMember
(@vynn90)

Posted : 05/12/2016 12:09 pm

If going off sugar and dairy did help that could be a clue.. check out my post on Probiotics and Supergreens, the extra nutrition might assist. What is your current diet like? The funny thing with Dairy specially milk is that it does contain hormones and anti-biotics, that does have an impact on your body.. anti-biotics kills beneficial gut flora alongside the bad bacteria, you need that beneficial gut flora to properly absorb nutrition and regulate things in the body. It's something that helped me hugely these past 2 weeks, check with your doctor.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/25/2016 9:49 am

Hey sorry this happened to you. I hope your much better now.

On May 12, 2016 at 11:51 PM, jspencer said:

Spironolactone may help....makes u stop sweating pretty much...

I don't think male so can take spiro

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/09/2016 1:35 am

These look very ingrown hair like? Do you grow hair on your cheeks?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/13/2018 6:29 am

How you getting on now bro?

MemberMember
(@wittyguess)

Posted : 03/08/2018 7:32 am

Hang in there.