I may have stumbled...

Notifications
Clear all

I may have stumbled upon a scar preventer...

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 02/16/2016 1:35 am

NOTE: I've posted the following experience in several Acne.org sub-forums, hoping that it may help others. I post it here because I'm nearly 40 and still get nodules.

I'll start by noting that my skin scars very easily--in that italwaysscars from nodulocystic acne, if/when I'm unable to prevent a nodule from surfacing.

A few weeks ago, a nodule sneaked up on me and reached the surface of my skin in the form of a decent-sized, red lump. I iced it 2-3 times a day for the first several days but gave up, once it was obvious that I'd acted too late to prevent it from fully forming.

I then began taking Vit. C (daily) and Magnesium (nightly), in an effort to reduce the effects of inflammation. But once the bump receded completely, it was obvious that the skin was starting to dip inward--i.e., to form a slight scar.

Out of desperation, I decided to apply before bedtime Acure Eye Cream, which, yes, I normally use on my under-eye area only. (I only used a tiny dab on that spot and waited for it to absorb completely, before applying anything else to my skin.) Less than a week later, the area still has a red mark but no longer has a "dipped-in" appearance. I really do believe that I averted a scar--in an area of skin that clearly was in the process of scarring.

I won't know for certain if this "treatment" with Acure Eye Cream was a fluke, unless/until I'm able to attempt it again. I'm certain that I'll get the chance, though, and will report my result.

PI