Sensitive skin and ...

Notifications
Clear all

Sensitive skin and acne.

MemberMember
(@lupa1982)

Posted : 02/11/2016 5:38 pm

I've been struggling with acne for years now.
I've tried probably just about everything there is. Both prescription, over the counter,creams and you name it. I haven't tried isotretinoin though.

Anyway, my skin has gotten a lot more sensitive over the years and I can't really use stuff like benzoyl peroxide and even salicylic acid is too harsh for me. At the same time my skin is oily,has large pores, blackheads and acne.
Seems like my skin is out of balance or something, but I don't know how to fix it. I try to use mild products,but it's hard to find something that's for acne and sensitive skin.

I've also been thinking about trying out isotretinoin, but I'm afraid that I'll ruin my skin. I also worry about other side effects.

I just signed up lol, and have a lot of questions. Maybe I don't need to ask them all at once 🙂

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 02/11/2016 7:47 pm

Welcome to the forums! Hope you find lots of useful stuff / ideas and support from the community 🙂
Talk to your doctor about isotretinoin and see if any of your concerns are alleviated. Lots of us have used it with success.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@lupa1982)

Posted : 02/12/2016 2:30 am

Ok,thanks I will. I'm really tired of having acne, but I guess people on here can relate to that 🙂

Jazzguy liked
MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 02/26/2016 4:51 pm

On 10/02/2016 at 9:38 AM, lupa1982 said:

I've been struggling with acne for years now.
I've tried probably just about everything there is. Both prescription, over the counter,creams and you name it.  I haven't tried isotretinoin though.

Anyway, my skin has gotten a lot more sensitive over the years and I can't really use stuff like benzoyl peroxide and even salicylic acid is too harsh for me. At the same time my skin is oily,has large pores, blackheads and acne.
Seems like my skin is out of balance or something, but I don't know how to fix it.  I try to use mild products,but it's hard to find something that's for acne and sensitive skin.

I've also been thinking about trying out isotretinoin, but I'm afraid that I'll ruin my skin. I also worry about other side effects.

I just signed up lol, and have a lot of questions.  Maybe I don't need to ask them all at once :)

My skin is super sensitive also. Besides acne it is always red or getting funny sort of rashes. I no longer use any of those harsh products that dry out the skin because they just irritate it more. I buy washes/creams that are natural, often find them in health food stores and also chemists. I like the brand A'kin. Also i sometimes moisturise with rosehip oil - it know it serms strange making my skin more oily but it helps the texture. None of these is a "cure" for acne but it makes my skin softer and less irritated. I use a teatree oil gel to put on the pimples. I make face masks with oats, manuka honey and yogurt - very soothing.