Stopped Smoking Acn...

Notifications
Clear all

Stopped Smoking Acne Returned

MemberMember
(@magicandlights)

Posted : 04/19/2015 3:40 pm

Hey guys. I had mild acne which started when I was 26. After two years of trying different things I tried agnus cactus tablets and they worked for about 9 months. I quit smoking 8 weeks ago today and that is the only change I made and it is when my acne returned. I've read about quit zits but I hoped it would of stopped by now. I've also read that smoking messes with hormones so I may have an imbalance from stopping. Any ideas on what I could try?

I use cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser so a really gentle routine.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 04/19/2015 6:26 pm

Quitting smoking is the best thing you could have done. I'm a former smoker, and smoking is just about the worst thing you can do as far as skin condition.

Sometimes when you quit smoking everything starts to expunge. Your lungs are flushing out, your body is in a state of repair from being bombarded with toxins all this time. I would go ahead and see a doctor about it. They'll support you, check out your hormones and give you some treatment options. Maybe some duac would be good while your body adjusts.

MemberMember
(@beamacnesecret)

Posted : 04/20/2015 4:46 pm

Could you please post the photo of your acne area?

I will use facial reflexology experience I have used for 5 years to help you out.

To know the cause of acne, especially this adult acne as you have acne after teenage, I need to know how it looks like and where it appears on your face or body.

p.s. I'm not a doctor but I have experience and knowledge as I used almost holistic sciences to cure my and others' chronic acne successfully. I may use my knowledge to help you out as a guideline.

MemberMember
(@jimmygold)

Posted : 05/08/2017 12:51 am

Quit smoking is good i appreciate you, but you have acne issue so you can gently use cbd oils, creams and capsule to treat acne.