Help...cystic Acne ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help...cystic Acne Left A "dent" In My Forehead...new To Cystic Acne And Need Help

MemberMember
(@jmepf)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:24 pm

Hi everyone...so I am 27 now (I look much younger) and I never really had a bad time with acne..lately I have been breaking out more. I get pimples, but have also been getting the cystic pimples that are under the skin...deeper. Well I got one and I picked at it...and then it got infected and i had a large mark on my forehead that has healed since and HOPEFULLY is still in the process of healing...but what came with it was a hole. I have never dealt with a dent/hole from acne and it is literally right in the middle of my forehead and I am kinda worrying about it. This probably happened about 2 weeks ago and I have noticed dramatic healing, but the hole seems to not be healing fast enough..This is freaking me out as I don't want a permanent dent in my forehead..and it's a rather large one I would say...can someone help me out, is there still more time for this to smooth over and fill in, what can I do for it to help it along? Thank you for any guidance, I am very new to all of this.

The pic attached I do have some makeup over it, but that's really what it looks like..if I take the makeup off it still has pinkness to it.

post-435596-0-32945400-1415931794.jpg

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/17/2014 11:10 pm

It happens when a pimple is picked at it ,specially if its a cyst .

Your face looks mostly clear , if you continue to have those , don't pick at them , see a dermatologist ,I do still recommend them even when I haven't have any luck with them.

For girls ,acne is even more problematic to control because we wear make-up , and if you are using comedogenic make-up it's even more of a problem.

Even when most make-up brands seem to claim not to be comedogenic.

Nodule cystic acne is very problematic because is very hard to bring it to the surface and it hurts too.

I'm 52 and still trying to figure it out ,I mostly posts on the rosacea forums under the seborrheic dermatitis thread , you can click on the last page , I'm not saying you have to do what I'm doing, if you want , just click on the last page and read the last posts , it seems that seborrheic dermatitis sufferers deal with cystic acne ,probably like the rosacea sufferers.

Just try not to pick ,I know it's hard not to.

MemberMember
(@jmepf)

Posted : 11/25/2014 3:14 am

Thank you noche for the reply!

An update...the spot has filled in some...but still a small crater. I have been putting Ponds Clarant B3 on it daily and nightly to keep it moisturized...here's hoping that it eventually fills in all the way!!!

post-435596-0-93238300-1416903231.jpg

MemberMember
(@jmepf)

Posted : 12/06/2014 2:46 am

I guess I am using this thread as a progress report for myself...I can't tell, but I think it's filling in more..this atrophic scar (not an actual scar until a yr hits I heard) is only from the week before halloween of this year...so it still has a lot of time to heal..I may even interfere and goto the derm to see if they can do anything non invasive...figures that one cystic pimple can cause so much damage to the skin if fooled with.

post-435596-0-13525000-1417851975.jpg

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/06/2014 9:59 pm

Yeah cystic acne can do that, that is why it's better to treat it, before it gets bad,. There is an acne cream , it's called acnomel , it has sulfur ,I think it's really strong , but this one can really dissolve ,cysts.

And I know all about cystic acne,I had 4 cysts removed surgically ffrom my face. It doesn't matter what I do , they form deep inside and they hurt a lot , well my son uses this as a spot treatment only, so I decided to use on this pimple that had already exfoliated and just left a fleshy bump that nothing would removed it, so I put a little and when I say a little,I mean a little, so the flesh pimple has been getting smaller,I had used the clearasil before , same active ingredients, but they changed the formula, and I think it clogs my pores now.the bad thing about the scone its that the tinted color is terrible, doesn't match any makeup, it's bad, but I really don't care, sometimes after I put on my make up I still put a little on trouble spots,I put some on my hand and then I just grab a toothpick and with the end of it I just dab a little on the pimple or where I feel one might be forming, it works.

Also don't pick at a pimple that can't be extracted ,it will form a scar .

Some people say do not extract,I think that if the pimple its trying to come out then it has to.

My son doesn't pick at his,I mean when he had his bout of acne a couple of years ago , the dermatologist put him on solodyn and differin gel ,3% and when he was going through the purging , you could see his pimples all yellow and he still didn't pick them, and after using differin for about a year without stopping, his face cleared , so he continued using it like on and off like every other day , for another year and then he got lazy name once a week , well the point its that he barely has scar , and if he does they are unnoticeable.

That proves that people can heal without scaring if leaving the pimples alone.

My daughter and I are a different story, we feel that the pimple has to come out.

My daughter used to tell him, come on, it's ready and he still would not do it.it was funny.

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/06/2014 10:54 pm

This looks like a scar to me, because the mark is depressed. One way you can tell if a mark is a scar is to check if it's depressed or raised. Either way, they're both scars. You can go to a Dermatologist and get a filling, but I think that can be quite expensive. Unfortunately, cystic pimples have a high probability of leaving a scar.

By the way, your skin looks so even toned and smooth. :D

And the "dent" only looks noticeable on you, because your skin is relatively clear and smooth.

P.S

I could be wrong; this is all I can tell from the photo. But from my experience, raised or depressed marks became scars. We all heal differently, so maybe your mark will heal with due time. Stay positive! :D

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/08/2014 12:25 am

Jmepf, sorry ,I never review my posts, sometimes my posts get the wrong words,

The cream I use to dissolve cysts is called acnomel , and I told you I spot treat with a plastic toothpick.

The person posting ,kimchii , is right, your skin doesn't have any bad acne, and I agree that the person to clarify and explain best why, you got that kind of scar would be a dermatologist, but he /she will talk to you about not touching pimples,I mean some of them will extract pimples, but we can't.

When I talk about my experience and my kids experiences, it's just that,experiences, we are all different, and use whatever we need , according to what we need.

Talking to a dermatologist if you can't control those kind of cystic acne, sounds like a good idea.

MemberMember
(@gisselles02)

Posted : 07/15/2015 10:58 pm

That's nothing and it's not big. I have 3-4 bullet holes in my forehead. It literally felts like I'm missing parts of my skull or chunks of meat. My forehead is completely uneven and I'm only 16. Not to mention other areas of my face. You're fine.

MemberMember
(@moon123)

Posted : 11/02/2017 1:58 pm

Hey, it has been a while since you posted a picture.
Did it change much?

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/22/2017 3:16 am

@Jmepf  

How was your progress? Would love to hear back from you. :)