Pretty Much Giving ...

Notifications
Clear all

Pretty Much Giving Up

MemberMember
(@robbinbanks)

Posted : 09/10/2014 11:52 am

So I'm a 21 year old male with mild to moderate acne. Usually more moderate than mild. I have dry + sensitive skin and any acne always leaves hyperpigmentation. I'm Mexican/Japanese so I have more of a yellow-ish/tan skin complexion, any acne on my face is extremely noticeable and inflamed. I've tried everything out there besides what you could get from a dermatologist, and I'm already trying to find out where the nearest derm is. As a teenager my acne was none to mild, so it stresses me beyond belief that I have to deal with it now. I eat relatively healthy, exercise, drink plenty of water. I have no idea what to do. I just feel that this is out of my control and I'll be like this forever. Right now I'm using Lumiplexion products since they have sulfur treatments, which is basically what I can use daily without irritation. It does an okay job. BHA's don't do enough, AHA's don't help much either (except Mandelic acid. Really helps with skin tone and inflammation). And benzoyl peroxide is just way too harsh. My routine is as follows

Morning:

Wash face with water only

Moisturize with Lumiplexion moisturizer

(Occasionally use a Murad .5% salicylic acid gel)

Night:

Wash with water only

10% sulfur mask from Lumiplexion

Medicated sulfur treatment from Lumiplexion

Moisturize with Lumiplexion moisturizer

Maybe somebody has some advice or someone could relate. I was just venting really, needed to get some of this stress off my shoulders.