Help! Is This Cysti...

Notifications
Clear all

Help! Is This Cystic Acne?

MemberMember
(@oneametim)

Posted : 01/17/2014 1:25 am

Hi,

I have like a cyst thing on my chin since november....it hurts when i touch it..I've been using the regimen everyday but it doens't seem todo anything..how should i treat this? AGhhh

post-356568-0-59795100-1389939953.jpg

post-356568-0-59795100-1389939953.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/17/2014 7:28 am

if it hurts then I'd say it sure looks like one....sadly topicals don't help the deep cystic ones

you could try icing, that hasn't worked for me but others swear by it

give it time to fade away, these generally do not come to a head- or go ask your derm for

injection of steroids which will flatten it in a day or two max

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/17/2014 3:45 pm

if it hurts then I'd say it sure looks like one....sadly topicals don't help the deep cystic ones

you could try icing, that hasn't worked for me but others swear by it

give it time to fade away, these generally do not come to a head- or go ask your derm for

injection of steroids which will flatten it in a day or two max

Injection might work, but you might want to try some at home stuff first.

I used to have cystic acne, the deep buried kind, and 2 things come to mind that DID help:

1. With repeated patient application, Colliodal silver sprayed on a cotton ball and held against it (it will make your skin peel) and

2. manuaka oil (it will also make you peel). I recommend steaming your face before you put the manuka oil. You'll probably have to order it online, it's hard to find.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 01/17/2014 4:23 pm

If it hurts, heat also helps with the pain. Like mrsrobinson, icing never did anything for me - but heat has definitely helped me in th epast. What ever you do though, DO NOT PICK OR PUSH OR IN ANY WAY MESS WITH IT. This will make it much, much worse. If you don't get these very often, a cortisone shot is an great option. The only risk is skin atrophy, but if you go to a reputable dermatologist or PA with experience in giving the cortisone shots, you'll be fine. It does happen from time to time even then, but it is EXTREMELY rare that it would cause any permanent damage. Even if you do get atrophy (I did once, it just looked like a small dimple on my cheek, MUCH better than the monster cyst the shot was for) it will be much less noticeable than a cyst, and it will fill in completely in a matter of months.