Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Some Ease

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 11/18/2013 2:03 am

I started my new job last week. I prefer to keep my career and the company I work for private, but I will say that I work for a larger corporation now. Since I have more co-workers than I used to, I'm noticing that a good handful of them have mild/moderate acne as well. This is the first time EVER that I'm noticing the real statistics of the percentage of adult acne sufferers in my entire life.

The thing is, I don't notice it right away. I've started to notice it after I've talked to and have held eye/face contact with these people after TIME. It by no means makes me feel like I'm on cloud 9 when I'm at work, and especially not when I'm home, but it makes me feel a little less self conscious when I walk into work everyday.

I'm just curious, would this make anyone else feel at least a little better, too?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/18/2013 9:24 am

Of course, we all know we are our own worse enemy...and the mirror and bright lights are not friends.

But when you get out in the working world it isn't important to anyone else, it's about your work and team work those things are what matter- what you contribute and not how you look. I'm glad you have some peace of mind, it's a tough journey for all of us through adolesence- it really does get easier in the real world when you realize others do not treat it the way you treat it.

Good luck to you in your career, there will be bumps along the road, but you are on the right path, a positive attitude really helps!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:42 pm

I started my new job last week. I prefer to keep my career and the company I work for private, but I will say that I work for a larger corporation now. Since I have more co-workers than I used to, I'm noticing that a good handful of them have mild/moderate acne as well. This is the first time EVER that I'm noticing the real statistics of the percentage of adult acne sufferers in my entire life.

The thing is, I don't notice it right away. I've started to notice it after I've talked to and have held eye/face contact with these people after TIME. It by no means makes me feel like I'm on cloud 9 when I'm at work, and especially not when I'm home, but it makes me feel a little less self conscious when I walk into work everyday.

I'm just curious, would this make anyone else feel at least a little better, too?

I am always surprised when people say "no one I know has acne." I notice a lot of adults with acne, though most of the women do try diligently to cover it up with makeup.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 11/25/2013 5:17 pm

Of course, we all know we are our own worse enemy...and the mirror and bright lights are not friends.

But when you get out in the working world it isn't important to anyone else, it's about your work and team work those things are what matter- what you contribute and not how you look. I'm glad you have some peace of mind, it's a tough journey for all of us through adolesence- it really does get easier in the real world when you realize others do not treat it the way you treat it.

Good luck to you in your career, there will be bumps along the road, but you are on the right path, a positive attitude really helps!

Thank you. 🙂

And I totally agree with you. While I can't speak for having acne through adolesence seeing as I developed it around the time I graduated college, no one at any of the jobs I've had have ever commented on it... well, none that I can recall anyway. Even though it has taken a large toll on my self esteem, it's never debilitated me from my priorities.