Hi all,

I am so relieved to find this website!

I am 23 and have had acne, for the past year I have been:

1. cleansing and moisturising

2. exercising an hour a day at least 3 days a week#

3. staying away from milk, bread, rice, pasta, chips, friend foods, chocolate

4.eating lots of fruits,vegetables,nuts, fish, drink lots of water

5. sleeping right, meditating.

6. Been taking vitamin pills and omega3 pills for a month.

My acne has now become manageable, which means when i stray from rule no.3 I get some pimples that go away soon enough.

BUT I have these red marks all over my cheeks and I have two questions:

1. will these red marks cause me to scar? (holes in my skin) I have a little it seems...

2. how do i get rid of them!

throughout my acne story I've been on accutance and other things, I've tried benzoic cream and the rest of them as a teenager..never properly though I admit. I am thinking of taking a hydroquinoine solution to my cheeks?

please please help me. It's long reached a point where I've just given up and felt doomed to be cursed, but sometimes, sometimes I feel like there's hope.

I dont know maybe I'm wrong and I dont have the acne under control, I've attacked two photos at two different times of the day to illustrate.

Its on both my cheeks and recently forehead and seems to be coming back on chin..I may not really have this thing under control...

Thanks !!

post-358309-0-29911500-1382918111.jpg

post-358309-0-15776800-1382918194.jpg

post-358309-0-29911500-1382918111.jpg

post-358309-0-15776800-1382918194.jpg

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 10/30/2013 5:28 pm

Some of them are scarring and some are not. Red marks are the worst! I've had some for over a year now. My derm keeps telling me to wait because they may fade. Red marks like these are vascular, they aren't something you can scrub off over time. You can get IPL laser for them, which is supposed to even out the tone of the skin. But you should wait as long as possible. They should fade more and more over time.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/31/2013 3:17 pm

Hello, search on Youtube: VISIA. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/01/2013 1:03 pm

i would get an ipl on those to remove the redness but you need multiple passes on each spot to make a difference and you would need probably 3 sessions. ipl is not laser so its a super easy procedure with really no downtime. good luck to you!

also for the acne i would add some sort of aha to your regimen that will help a lot or you could add retin-a if your skin can handle it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/01/2013 9:58 pm

Ask your dermatologist for a prescription of Biafine cream

Biafine cream has been prescribed for more than two decades to restore damaged skin to its naturally moisturized and unblemished condition. Also known as Biafine topical emulsion or Biafine dermal healing top, this medication in its few forms works in direct ways to promote healing. First, it eliminates excessive damaged tissue, then coordinates healing by increasing the amount of available macrophage cells. This, in turn, boosts levels of fibroblast cells on the skin, which are responsible for collagen repair and healthier skin.

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 11/01/2013 10:29 pm

Yeh i have similar red marks to yours from using BP. I think that they're supposed to fade overtime and using AHA products like salycilic acid and lactic acid can help speed up the process.