Notifications
Clear all

Help!

MemberMember
(@june-grey)

Posted : 04/24/2013 3:52 pm

Hi! I am new in the forum.

I am 29years old and my acne started when I was 19... Hormonal acne of course....I tried everything, and all the pills I took(roaccutane, hormons...) they had only a temporary effect... My acne always come back.... I am desperate and depressed, I can't look @ my face anymore, I hate it and I don't know what to do.... I am doing microdermabrasation for the scars, which are really better now, but my acne is still there... Alway, every damn day I wake up with a new monster on my face.... Pls help me! I am also taking panthoten and in the last days it seems a little better, but as long as I finish taking it, my acne come back. Cremes, lotions...nothing of these things seems to work for me and my self esteeem is really at the lowest point.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/28/2013 8:10 am

Of all the things you've mentioned, i haven't seen diet. From personal experience, diet never worked for me but i do believe that diet can help acne for many people.

Try cutting:

dairy

gluten

You may also want to try going paleo for 3 months

As far as topicals are concerned, have you tried The Regimen or Spiro?

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 05/03/2013 5:56 pm

Definitely try diet changes. It has been my experience with diet that if it is an issue, you will see less inflammation in a week or less. Then you will see major improvements in a month. For me it happened really quickly. I did not clear over night, but I could tell it was helping and that made me stick to it. Diet pop turned out to be one of my triggers along with gluten. Some people are very sensitive to citrus. Fish oil contains omega 3 fats that help calm inflammation. Lots of fruits and veggies help. Sometimes I throw a bunch of stuff in a blender for a meal. . . Spinach, apples, bananas, and strawberries--yum!