Please Someone Tell...

Notifications
Clear all

Please Someone Tell Me What This Is?

MemberMember
(@ihateacne00)

Posted : 04/19/2013 5:55 pm

So I have extremely bumpy skin for the last year or so. I used to have bad acne when i was 15/16 I used zineryt back then and limecyclin. Now I am 24 and my skin just looks lumpy and not the same as when my acne was cured.In the photo you can tell my skin looks quite rough, but i have extremely combination skin. When my face is oily it is super oily, when its dry it is super dry.I know my skin isnt horrendous, but i just want to know what I have and how to treat it effectivley. When I go in certain lights you cna really tell my skin is super bumpy and it looks horrible.I have been to a dermatolgist who told me it was blocked pores and gave me BP I also restarted Limecylin. I also use Mario Badesco Glycolic Toner but ran out recently, so i bought Liquid AHA to use.My skin still hasn't changed I don't know what it is or how to solve this, can someone please shed some light?Thanks in advance.

post-206747-0-74866200-1366411909_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/19/2013 10:39 pm

I very recently had incredibly bumpy skin like yours. I think it was either cosmetic acne (don't use makeup but I tried oil cleansing) or some sort of underlying disorder where my skin cells divide too fast (have some mild dandruff too). I am treating it successfully with BP and a mild cleanser, and that's all. I tried salicylic acid for 2.5 weeks and had no improvement at all. The BP is working already and it's been under a week. Although I did suffer from a very severe initial breakout, that's pretty much gone now.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne00)

Posted : 04/20/2013 5:40 am

Okay so you think BP is the way to go? I have been using it for 2 weeks now but my bumpy skin is still there?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/21/2013 3:42 pm

Since you've been using it for 2 weeks, it probably won't work for you. Are you using a cleanser? This could help.

Are you using anything else on your face, such as makeup or sunscreen? If so, these could be causing your acne.

I have found that using yogurt/honey/ground clove masks every day for a week certainly helped my acne. I take about 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 2 teaspoons ground cloves, and 1 teaspoon of honey, mix it together, and then put it on my face for maybe 30 minutes or until it gets dry. I wash my face with a cleanser before doing this. It stings a lot for about 2 minutes. But then it feels fine after

MemberMember
(@kelseylee)

Posted : 04/21/2013 9:11 pm

try african black soap! there's a good article on the website xojane about it posted just a few days ago. they won't let me post the link here but google "xojane african black soap". it has helped clear my insanely bumpy/clogged pore skin and just salycilic acid did nothing for me either. xxxx

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 04/29/2013 7:32 pm

It's either acne cosmetica or closed comedones. The best treatment for acne cosmetica is to find a better foundation. Tarte Amazonian clay foundation is probably the best makeup and girl can wear. It's $38 but is soo worth it.

Closed comedones are the most stubborn. The only way I got rid of mine was with the following.

Using a ph balanced bar like sebamed with some sort of scrubby brush or silicone face scrubber.

Use de la Cruz 10% sulfur ointment mixed with cerave lotion. Mix a pea sized amount with lotion in hands and apply to entire face.

Use a 5% mandelic acid toner 1-2 times a week. Muac makes a good mandelic acid toner.

Use a bentonite clay mask 1-2 times a week.

Drink lots of water!

Steam your face once a month. Once a month is fine to steam your face. You really don't have to do it every week.

Do extractions on the closed comedones. Comedone extractors suck so I use my fingers. Wash hands and wrap tissues around your index fingers. Place your fingers on the comedone in typical pimple popping fashion. While you're pushing the pimple to the surface you also need to kinda roll and wiggle the skin. Do extractions after you steam your face. It works better that way. If the comedone won't budge leave it for next time.

Here is a video of a girl getting some closed comedones extracted. I use the same technique as the esthetician for extracting closed comedones and it works great!

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/29/2013 11:17 pm

Yes could be what they call comedones or milia. Id try the suggested above and also exfoliate maybe once a week with a microdermabrasion scrub, not too hard but that will probably help smooth things over.