Notifications
Clear all

Lactose And Acne

MemberMember
(@soldrew)

Posted : 02/08/2013 7:54 am

I started to get acne as I got into college, and I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of a correlation with lactose intolerance and acne. I became lactose intolerant in high school, and never had acne. I entered college and started breaking out with mild acne. Even though I am lactose intolerant I just kept eating pizza, cheese, and dairy because I love it and just suffered consequences in the bathroom. Has anyone heard of a correlation?

MemberMember
(@hollywoodv1)

Posted : 02/08/2013 1:07 pm

Hey there,

There seems to be a correlation, I'm not lactose intolerant but my sister is and she breaks out horribly when she eats dairy products. It comes down to this, if your insides aren't healthy your skin reflects it. I used to get tons of new acne (pustules\regular zits) the night that I would eat gluten, sugar, or dairy even though I'm not technically allergic to any of them. It took me a while to figure out my triggers when it comes to food but certain things will always set it off.

Try to keep track of what you eat and how much, then see how it affects your skin. I know it can sometimes be difficult in college but your complexion will thank you later. Best of luck and I hope you are able to learn a lot from these forums!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/08/2013 1:15 pm

most acne sufferers have problems digesting fat. You can try yougurt, kefir and see if you still break out and constipation is not an issue. But stay away from juk food.