Nighttime Moisturiz...

Notifications
Clear all

Nighttime Moisturizer That Does Not Clog Pores

MemberMember
(@ebasker99)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:25 pm

I,m looking for a nighttime moisturizer that doesn't contain any of the pore clogging ingredients on dan's list it is so frustrating I've searched high end and low end. I have combination skin and I feel that a lot of the moisturizers I've found either are to greasy or drying and I'm also confused about incorporating antioxidants I'm 35 so aging is also a concern .......

MemberMember
(@hoots)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:29 pm

I've been using Cetaphil moisturizing lotion for years. It's lightweight and won't clog pores. In my opinion it's a very simple moisturizer and that's what I like most.

MemberMember
(@ebasker99)

Posted : 01/21/2013 3:41 pm

I'm afraid to try Cetaphil moisturizing lotion because it contains cetearyl alcohol + ceteareth 20 it's a Pore clogging ingredient

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/21/2013 6:29 pm

Both Cetaphil and Cerave products break me out. They both definitely have acne-aggravating ingredients, but it does seem a lot of people can use them. I would recommend shea butter for nighttime. It will not break you out. It's very moisturizing. You could even add argan or rose hips oil to it for extra moisture and benefits. I would try the shea first and then add oil once you know if you like the way it leaves your skin.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/21/2013 11:06 pm

If you search for DIY moisturizer you can make your own.

My grandmother only used water and glycerin (it's non-comedogenic) to moisturize and she had great skin. Take it for what it's worth.

I also wrote a post that is a list of products...it contains products whose formulation does not contain a single ingredient that has a comedogenic ingredient of 3 or higher. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/319656-master-100-non-comedogenic-list/