Notifications
Clear all

Glimmer Of Hope

MemberMember
(@willzy123)

Posted : 01/09/2013 6:11 pm

Hi All, My first post on a forum... I've followed many forums before but never posted as I've never had anything that i'd want to read about. I mean, I've tried 4 different antibiotics, countless over the counter medicines and face washes, dairy free diets, coffee free, meat free, just about everything people post. My acne was never severe- just very persistent. Thought I'd post to say that whilst Accutane has such a terrible reputation I have/ am finally getting somewhere. I've been on Accutane now for 3 months and have had the all clear on blood tests recently. Accutane for me- and I stress for me as everyone reacts differently has given me the following side effects: Dry lips- though bearable. Dry hair- bearable. Slight eczema (lasted 1 week). Aches and pains everynow and then- though I am training for my first marathon! Tiredness comes and goes in slight waves. HOWEVER- 3 months in and I haven't had any active spots for a month and the scars are fading fast. I would also like to add that people worry you have to change your lifestyle- again this is in my experience... My derm said casual drinking will be fine; something I know most people will disagree with. Well, my triglycerides very very slightly rose after my last blood test which was 2 days after New years eve! Essentially, don't necessarily be dissuaded from this drug because the possible side effects- they may not affect you. I can finally look people in the eye without feeling a sinking feeling as they stare back at me. Good luck everyone

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 01/16/2013 11:40 am

Congrats Willzy! That's great news.

Accutane has been pretty much a cure for many people with acne. I was on it myself. I had similar side effects as you but another that was more scary. I stopped when I started to realize I didn't have acne but folliculitis.

I have a friend who had excellent results with Accutane and never looked back once his treatment was complete.