Notifications
Clear all

Diet And Acne

MemberMember
(@slumpey)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:01 am

Re-evaluating everything as I realized there are other factors (i.e. diet, sleep, stress, exercise, etc) which I need to consider. I'm 33 and do all but not well. For my diet, I removed caffeinated soda (only drank at work), dairy, peanut butter, white food (bread, rice, pasta), alcohol, frozen dinners, and chips. I increased my consumption of water (didnt drink enough) and started eating more vegetables, fruits, and freshly cooked lean chicken. I replaced peanut butter with almond butter and replaced dairy milk with almond milk. I can't tell the difference for both. I still have cereal and coffee in the morning, but accompany fruits with it.. Also, I decided to go prescription free and use Glytone Mild Gel wash as my only means of cleaning my face. Its been almost 2 weeks and skin is looking clearer.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:14 am

Great that you have found something working for you. You can add salmon, sweet potatoes,beets and dandelion greens as part of ur diet as anti-acne foods. Vegetable juice/yoga should also help and you might not require zinc supplement in the long run.

MemberMember
(@slumpey)

Posted : 12/20/2012 8:36 am

Thanks. Will introduce sweet potatoes into my routine. Reason why I'm going with the zinc supplement is I don't like fish