Notifications
Clear all

Help Please!

MemberMember
(@tnerb)

Posted : 11/11/2012 10:36 am

Hello fellow message board members, I have a problem which I am hoping to elimnate before I go back to work tomorrow. Two days ago i noticed that I had two whiteheads beside a black head in the right corner between my eyebrow and eye near my nose, I tried to press them not thinking about the consequences. To sum it up, it has my eye swollen like an alien, almost shut in the corner and I want to get rid of it. I have been trying to apply a warm towel to it to get the swelling to go down. My question is, what can I do to get rid of this and would it have anything to do with my pillow that i sleep on at night? I have very oily skin and I am thinking me laying on my stomach when i sleep is allowing the 'dirtyness' I guess you could say to rub on my skin to cause this infection on my eye. Please help. I am applying Clearisil ultra face wash and Acne Free overnight cream on it to reduce it.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:55 am

Instead of using a warm towel try icing it for 20 minutes. Also you could crush up an aspirin pill and add a little water to make it a paste and apply that. It'll help with the swelling and redness. Just change your pillowcase every night if you think that's what's causing it.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/19/2012 7:47 pm

tnerb,

You should contact a dermatologist for an "urgent" appointment or go to an urgent care facility. Since its near your eye, whatever infection you have gotten needs to be drained, disinfected, and treated by a professional. Don't let your eye get infected and don't play around with any chemicals near your eye. You only have one set of eyes my friend.

Regarding your pillowcase issue, convert to sleeping on your back. It may not be "natural" at first but you will get used to it. I converted to backsleeping decades ago due to the same situation you describe. It did help some too. Good luck.