Anyone Tried This? ...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Tried This? Clarisonic Mia Facial Cleanser?

MemberMember
(@madgirl12)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:05 am

Had the tv on this morning and ended up watching QVC and they were selling this product. It's a brush that oscillates really fast to thoroughly cleanse the skin. I'm wondering if it's any good for congested skin/acne or does it make it worse? I've always had congested skin anyway, even when I've used exfoliators etc, it just doesn't get the little plugs of yuck out.

I'm quite tempted to buy it (especially at this reduced price) but I'm also worried that it might aggravate the problem.

Does anyone here have it and would you recommend it?

MemberMember
(@audreyjade)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:23 am

I've never tried it personally but there are A LOT of reviews on Youtube about the Clarisonic. There are a bunch of different brush heads you can use with it, and I think if you get the wrong type for your skin it can be a disaster. Some are supposedly very gentle while others are not. Most of the reviews you will see are very positive, but dig deep. I think JoshcollierMUA has a good one on youtube. He also has acneic skin. Good luck :) Let us know if you try it.

MemberMember
(@lady_c)

Posted : 11/04/2012 10:29 am

My mother brought this product earlier this year, after watching a few reviews on it on YouTube. She has mature acne prone skin and loves this product, because I saw the change in her skin I decided to purchase my own brush (the delicate pad) and tried it on my face, which is extremely sensitive. I made the biggest mistake of my life, I brokeout in a very bad rash which took months to subside. I don't use any exfoliators and my mom felt guilty for recommending it.

Make sure you conduct a lot of research on the product and like you above poster said find the right brush for your skintype. I got the softest one available and it still did'nt agree with my skin.