Dental Amalgams (Me...

Notifications
Clear all

Dental Amalgams (Metal Fillings) And Mercury Toxicity

MemberMember
(@blahbity-blah)

Posted : 04/23/2012 8:13 pm

Hello Fellow Sufferers,

I have been breaking out now for about 3 years (24 yrs old now), never had acne as a teen.

About 9 months ago I found the corrleation between using fluoride toothpaste and

my breakouts. Once I stopped using fluoride tootpaste my breakouts improved about 75%.

Since then I have been trying to figure out what is causing the remaining 25%.

Since it obviously has something to do with dental origins I started looking up different metals

used in crowns, since I had a root canal about 4 years ago with a metal under porcelain crown.

After doing some research I went to a biological dentist. He was great, sat me down in his office before

even examining my teeth and asked if I had a reaction to costume jewelry, which I do. It causes me to

itch and get rashes. Anyways I got an x-ray and it turned out I had a small amalgam filling that I never knew

about in addition to the metal crown. He informed me that it was possible the dissimilar metals in my mouth

mouth were causing a battery like reaction, making my saliva corrosive. It is called oral galvanism.

When I thought about it there was always a slight metal taste in my mouth, esp. when using metal utensils, and

when I licked my lips it burned and my lips frequently peeled.

So, lucky me, my Mom had the money to shell out to get them crown/filling replaced with a 100% ceramic.

The dentist did it the safe way with ventilation, vacuum, and a rubber damn.

Hours afterwards the metal taste was gone, and licking my lips no longer burned.

And...instead of getting 1-3 pimples a day I have only gotten about 5 in the past 2 weeks, and they are much smaller

and go away much more quickly. and the red marks from previous one seems to be fading much more quickly,

and my lips have stopped peeling.

I want to remind people I only had ONE SMALL metal filling, and ONE metal crown, and I believe this alone

was not only causing severe acne, but hormonal issues (only getting my period every 2-4 months).

It is two weeks later and I finally got my period. Who knows, this could all be a fluke.

But if you do the reasearch on mercury from dental amalgams it is crazy the symptoms they cause.

I have also come across several people saying their face cleared up after having them removed.

What I want to know from those of you that have acne around their mouths, chins and cheeks...

Do you have metal fillings? Do you have hormonal issues? Is there a persistant metallic taste in your mouth?

Before this I had tried everything, antibiotics, every cleasner out there, gluten-free diet, dairy-free diet,

lemon juice, wheatgrassing, moisturizing, not moisturizing, not washing my face, everything short of

the whole urine thing people do....that just didn't seem right. I am very healthy, I exercise, am in good shape,

yaddy yada.... So fingers crossed this is it... I will update and see if things continue to improve...

I would love to hear from those of you that have metal in their mouths.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kkkkk87)

Posted : 09/01/2012 9:32 am

Hello Fellow Sufferers,

I have been breaking out now for about 3 years (24 yrs old now), never had acne as a teen.

About 9 months ago I found the corrleation between using fluoride toothpaste and

my breakouts. Once I stopped using fluoride tootpaste my breakouts improved about 75%.

Since it obviously has something to do with dental origins I started looking up different metals

used in crowns, since I had a root canal about 4 years ago with a metal under porcelain crown.

After doing some research I went to a biological dentist. He was great, sat me down in his office before

even examining my teeth and asked if I had a reaction to costume jewelry, which I do. It causes me to

itch and get rashes. Anyways I got an x-ray and it turned out I had a small amalgam filling that I never knew

about in addition to the metal crown. He informed me that it was possible the dissimilar metals in my mouth

mouth were causing a battery like reaction, making my saliva corrosive. It is called oral galvanism.

When I thought about it there was always a slight metal taste in my mouth, esp. when using metal utensils, and

So, lucky me, my Mom had the money to shell out to get them crown/filling replaced with a 100% ceramic.

Hours afterwards the metal taste was gone, and licking my lips no longer burned.

And...instead of getting 1-3 pimples a day I have only gotten about 5 in the past 2 weeks, and they are much smaller

and go away much more quickly. and the red marks from previous one seems to be fading much more quickly,

I want to remind people I only had ONE SMALL metal filling, and ONE metal crown, and I believe this alone

was not only causing severe acne, but hormonal issues (only getting my period every 2-4 months).

It is two weeks later and I finally got my period. Who knows, this could all be a fluke.

But if you do the reasearch on mercury from dental amalgams it is crazy the symptoms they cause.

I have also come across several people saying their face cleared up after having them removed.

What I want to know from those of you that have acne around their mouths, chins and cheeks...

Do you have metal fillings? Do you have hormonal issues? Is there a persistant metallic taste in your mouth?

Before this I had tried everything, antibiotics, every cleasner out there, gluten-free diet, dairy-free diet,

lemon juice, wheatgrassing, moisturizing, not moisturizing, not washing my face, everything short of

the whole urine thing people do....that just didn't seem right. I am very healthy, I exercise, am in good shape,

yaddy yada.... So fingers crossed this is it... I will update and see if things continue to improve...

Thanks!

Hey,

Interesting topic! I had a root canal done about a year ago now and straight after I experienced acne. Ie never had acne before just pimples here and there that go away after a day or two. It started on my right cheek where I had the root canal performed then moved on my jaw and left cheek. I couldn't understand why. I started getting pains in my body, esp kidney/ gall bladder. Headache, facial flushing/sensitive skin. Tried many products, expensive and inexpensive but this didn't seem like just normal acne, like it was infected or it was bacterial acne.

I went to my doc who carried out several tests as I also lost tremendous amount of weigh (I was 55kgs and now 47kgs). Breathing difficulties, even collapsed at work. The doc even checked me for TB which thank God came back normal.

I went back to my dentist, who took an X-ray and said the root canal was perfect and the metallic taste in my mouth was due to gum bleeding (I have sensitive gums). He told me he couldn't see a link between acne or the thingy sensation I experience in my right cheek and head and the slight swelling and numbness I experience on my right cheek. He gave me mouth wash and told me it will all be fine if I continued using them.

Well I didn't buy it as I have always had sensitive gums and never acne. I started working at the age of 17, never any major health issues! Recently I have been looking at the link between root canal and health issues and have come to the conclusion to have the tooth extracted. Beig 25 years old female, it's not the greatest thought but aomehing is def wrong with me and it all started after the root canal. I have an appt with a holistic dentist soon.

Any suggestions you can give me? I do have some silver fillings and some white amalgam fillings.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@bohemian)

Posted : 02/10/2013 5:53 am

Hello Fellow Sufferers,

Thanks!

Hey,

Interesting topic! I had a root canal done about a year ago now and straight after I experienced acne. Ie never had acne before just pimples here and there that go away after a day or two. It started on my right cheek where I had the root canal performed then moved on my jaw and left cheek. I couldn't understand why. I started getting pains in my body, esp kidney/ gall bladder. Headache, facial flushing/sensitive skin. Tried many products, expensive and inexpensive but this didn't seem like just normal acne, like it was infected or it was bacterial acne.

I went to my doc who carried out several tests as I also lost tremendous amount of weigh (I was 55kgs and now 47kgs). Breathing difficulties, even collapsed at work. The doc even checked me for TB which thank God came back normal.

I went back to my dentist, who took an X-ray and said the root canal was perfect and the metallic taste in my mouth was due to gum bleeding (I have sensitive gums). He told me he couldn't see a link between acne or the thingy sensation I experience in my right cheek and head and the slight swelling and numbness I experience on my right cheek. He gave me mouth wash and told me it will all be fine if I continued using them.

Well I didn't buy it as I have always had sensitive gums and never acne. I started working at the age of 17, never any major health issues! Recently I have been looking at the link between root canal and health issues and have come to the conclusion to have the tooth extracted. Beig 25 years old female, it's not the greatest thought but aomehing is def wrong with me and it all started after the root canal. I have an appt with a holistic dentist soon.

Any suggestions you can give me? I do have some silver fillings and some white amalgam fillings.

Thanks

STORY OF MY LIFE!

Read about Dr. Weston Price A. Price and the correlation between root canals and chronic disease. Your root canaled tooth is surely causing your health concerns. When your tooth is root canaled, you are essentially leaving a dead body part in your body. You wouldn't leave a dead organ or dead appendage attached to your body... why should something in your mouth be any different? A post is set into your canal where the living root has been extracted. No matter how fine your dentist, there is a less than 1% chance that he will be able to remove ALL the bacteria and completely close the gap of every miniscule crevice where that living root once resided. So the itty bitty bacteria makes its way through those crevices and begin to eat away at your bones. Your body is screaming, "hey!! Infection!! High alert!!" and your immune system goes into overdrive trying to deal with the infection that it cannot get to. Why not, you ask? Because there is no bloodflow through your bones, and your body cannot fight off the infection. It just eats away, making you sicker and sicker... quietly. Your body reacts in many ways. Digestive issues, kidney stones, bladder infections, lung infections, heart disease, migranes, allergies, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, cancer - and acne - as your skin is your largest organ and has the capacity to expel toxins through sweat glands - are some of the ways that METAL, infections, and caries in our mouths manifest them in a physiological way.

In short... so happy for you that you made an appointment with a biological dentist. They are the only ones I can trust. And they really helped me.

I had 5 root canaled teeth. Two had been retreated several (4) times. One tooth on my left had been double abcessed, and one on my right had been abcessed for likely 3 years and I never knew. I had a bladder infection every 2 weeks so I was on an open dose of Cipro. Which caused yeast infections, so UTI's were always followed by a round of diflucan to kill that infection. I was constipated, bloated, and in pain. One doctor told me I had IBD-C and another told me I had motility issues since I could only pass once every other week. I had my 5 root canaled teeth removed. I had the amalgam replaced. I learned that your skin has everything to do with what is happening in your G.I. tract. It is important to have an alkaline system. And you must replenish your gut flora with diet which includes probiotics and fermented foods such as yogurt, kim chee, and consuming raw, organic foods including raw honey. Stress plays a major role, and that is another story... but I am HEALING!!!