Taurine... Total Li...

Notifications
Clear all

Taurine... Total Life Saver

MemberMember
(@misserandrew)

Posted : 12/18/2011 11:59 am

I came across a post over the summer that had recommended Taurine w/ b complex (b2&b6 needed for tuarine to work). That along with cutting fructose completely. I don't know where I read it, I think it was on this site. Anyhow I decided to give it a go, and now today, 6 months later I am 90% clear. I had moderate to slightly severe acne since I was 16, I'm 26 now.

What's so great about taurine is that it seems to minimize potential damage of a cyst / nodule and suppress a lot of inflammation. Since inflammation can come from so many different sources, and everyone's body is different, it's hard if not impossible to pinpoint its source from one person to another, or to agree on any type of standard from which it arises.

So regardless of your diet and the root cause of inflammation in your skin (blood sugar problems, leaky guy etc)... this is a very inexpensive "helper" not cure, not solution, but it should help immensely with controlling inflammation.

I'm now at the point where I'm finally starting to develop a nutritional way of eating beyond just cutting fructose. I drink more water, exercise more, swap pillow covers every day and even visualize my acne disappearing every night.

I look at this combination of taurine, b-complex and cutting ALL fructose as a safeguard as you try to figure out what's really going on with your body. As you try different diets, regimens and habits, it should protect you from a lot of the trouble your skin gets into as a result of inflammation.

If you've never tried it... it's cheap and there's nothing to lose. I just felt a small debt of gratitude for those who pushed me in this direction so decided to post this and give others out there a bit of simple hope.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:53 pm

I came across a post over the summer that had recommended Taurine w/ b complex (b2&b6 needed for tuarine to work). That along with cutting fructose completely. I don't know where I read it, I think it was on this site. Anyhow I decided to give it a go, and now today, 6 months later I am 90% clear. I had moderate to slightly severe acne since I was 16, I'm 26 now.

What's so great about taurine is that it seems to minimize potential damage of a cyst / nodule and suppress a lot of inflammation. Since inflammation can come from so many different sources, and everyone's body is different, it's hard if not impossible to pinpoint its source from one person to another, or to agree on any type of standard from which it arises.

So regardless of your diet and the root cause of inflammation in your skin (blood sugar problems, leaky guy etc)... this is a very inexpensive "helper" not cure, not solution, but it should help immensely with controlling inflammation.

I'm now at the point where I'm finally starting to develop a nutritional way of eating beyond just cutting fructose. I drink more water, exercise more, swap pillow covers every day and even visualize my acne disappearing every night.

I look at this combination of taurine, b-complex and cutting ALL fructose as a safeguard as you try to figure out what's really going on with your body. As you try different diets, regimens and habits, it should protect you from a lot of the trouble your skin gets into as a result of inflammation.

If you've never tried it... it's cheap and there's nothing to lose. I just felt a small debt of gratitude for those who pushed me in this direction so decided to post this and give others out there a bit of simple hope.

Hey, not sure if you check this thread after a year, but have you experienced insomnia with taurine? I'm taking free form taurine supplements and I have trouble sleeping even when taking a low dosage (50mg - 1 capsule) in the morning.

MemberMember
(@groentje)

Posted : 02/03/2015 5:18 pm

Taurine causes insomnia in me too. When I take it I wake up after 2-3 hours of sleeping and I can't go back to sleep. Really annoying as it really works as an antidepressant (something I can use) and apparently helps acne too.