Notifications
Clear all

"Recurring" acne on the same area all the time

MemberMember
(@ladymacbeth89)

Posted : 02/12/2009 12:44 pm

On the left side of my cheek, I always get these pimples, that start off underneath my skin. I can't really see them, only feel them. When they come up, they are bad, and take at least 2 weeks to go away. If I catch them in time, and ice them for about 5-10 minutes a day, the bump under my skin goes away, and I "save" them temporarily. It's always in the same exact spot, too. However, this whole ice process is getting very irritating, and I don't want to have to play this game forver. Not to mention the fact that I live in Chicago, where it's very cold, and the ice irritates my skin. I had to get off all my retinoids this winter b/c we've been having below freezing temperatures since November, and using the retinoids in this weather burned my face. So now the only topical acne medication I am using is Duac topical gel at night about 4-5 times a week.

Why is this happening? Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@deletemyaccount)

Posted : 02/12/2009 12:47 pm

On the left side of my cheek, I always get these pimples, that start off underneath my skin. I can't really see them, only feel them. When they come up, they are bad, and take at least 2 weeks to go away. If I catch them in time, and ice them for about 5-10 minutes a day, the bump under my skin goes away, and I "save" them temporarily. It's always in the same exact spot, too. However, this whole ice process is getting very irritating, and I don't want to have to play this game forver. Not to mention the fact that I live in Chicago, where it's very cold, and the ice irritates my skin. I had to get off all my retinoids this winter b/c we've been having below freezing temperatures since November, and using the retinoids in this weather burned my face. So now the only topical acne medication I am using is Duac topical gel at night about 4-5 times a week.

Why is this happening? Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

I actually kinda have the same problem. (icing process getting irritated) AMEN to that. It suxs. I wish I could help, but I really don't know what to do. If anyone can help, please do. 😀

P.S. Chicago, I'm thinking of moving there in a month or so. CAN'T WAIT!

MemberMember
(@ladymacbeth89)

Posted : 02/12/2009 2:18 pm

Why is this happening? Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 🙂

LOL, it's great, but our winters are BRUTAL, and they suck! If you already come from a cold climate though, you'll be ok 🙂

MemberMember
(@deletemyaccount)

Posted : 02/12/2009 4:02 pm

LOL, it's great, but our winters are BRUTAL, and they suck! If you already come from a cold climate though, you'll be ok 🙂

Yeah I heard. Very windy as well. I do actually, so I'm prepared!!! LOL.

MemberMember
(@jweg23)

Posted : 03/04/2010 9:47 pm

it sounds like you have cystic acne. they are really deep down and hurt if you touch them? do you wake up in the middle of the if you sleep on the side of your face that has a bad one? the fact that they take so long to go away is a clue that its probably cystic too, especially if they don't ever seem to come to a 'head'. Also, the cysts will come and go in the exact same spots. My doctor said something about the cells deep down get damaged and are susceptible to reinfection. After years and years and YEARS of battling adult acne, I asked my doctor about Spironolactone-- and voila! 6 weeks later I have clear skin. Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@emily25)

Posted : 03/06/2010 2:49 am

For a recurring or severe case of acne, many sufferers turn to a dermatologist for a more aggressive treatment. In most cases, a prescribed routine and medication can help to treat acne. In most cases, a follow-up visit will be scheduled so that the doctor may monitor the patientas progress and determine whether additional steps should be taken to treat the problem.

if you want some tips and natural treatments, visit my blog => *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

MemberMember
(@michellebarney)

Posted : 03/02/2019 6:29 am

I get recurring acne on the same spots on my chin and dermalmd blemish serum really helps cut down the life of the embarrassing zits and dry those areas out. I'm so glad I can save money AND keep my acne at bay.