Notifications
Clear all

MILD ACNE | Accutane (Claravis) 40mg/day Weekly Logs

MemberMember
(@sonata2014)

Posted : 11/26/2017 2:22 pm

I am 17 years old and I've had persistent mild acne for about 2-3 years now and I've tried lots of different skin care products ranging from topical creams to antibiotics. I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me a 6 month course oftwo20mg Claravis capsules per day. I will share my personal experience for those who need insight into accutane.

MemberMember
(@sonata2014)

Posted : 11/26/2017 2:39 pm

Day 10:

I first brought up the idea of accutane to the dermatologist on Thursday the 9th, and surprisingly within exactly one week I actually had the pills in my hand. I went to a diagnostics lab and got my blood test on Monday the 12th and had the "iPledge" forms handed that week as well. The blood test was kind of brutal as I am extremely squeamish to blood and almost fainted (LOL). As for the accutane progress I am on my 11th day so far haven't really experienced much throughout the first week on accutane other than mildly dry lips which can be cured just by licking them a few times or one application of chap-stick for the day. My face and body has not gotten dry as of now, yet I barely drink water throughout the day. My diet is pretty miserable as I mainly eat fast foods and junk food at home, which is backed up by my extremely fast metabolism. My cheeks have serious improvement under the skin as the clogged pores and annoying bumps cleared within a week. My forehead had lots of bumps and pretty medium sized pimples, which has yet to clear. I haven't had an initial breakout yet and i'm hoping it stays that way, other than that the only side effects I can really think of that has made a change is my sleeping habits. I find myself a little more tired and taking naps when I get home from school which makes it harder to fall back asleep later that night; but this could just be me being lazy who knows. I had a very stiff ankle when running around on the high school field on my first few days on accutane but that could've been something else also, I thought I sprained it but when I woke up It was perfectly fine. I hope this helps anyone who may want to take accutane in the future, and i'll write back here on the 20th day. See you soon!

MemberMember
(@sonata2014)

Posted : 11/30/2017 7:31 pm

Day 15:

Must've had the initial breakout within the first week, I woke up with a few extra pimples but just brushed it off and didn't really acknowledge what it was.. face is clearing up extremely well and I no longer have visible pimples above the skin anymore, just bumps underneath on my cheeks and face. I'm hoping that was the IB or i'm just in for a rude awakening because as of now my skin looks great, I have zero dryness everywhere except a little bit on my lips. Will post for day 20, see you then.

MemberMember
(@sonata2014)

Posted : 12/06/2017 3:26 pm

Day 20:

Lips started to get fairly dry, hands started to chap up as well. My face from day 16-20 was really good then I started to have a mini break out of about 3-4 pimples on my forehead and chin.

MemberMember
(@sonata2014)

Posted : 12/09/2017 12:55 pm

UPDATE Day 25:

Lips started getting extremely dry, all bumps under my skin vanished overnight, and my face is looking its best in 2 years!!