Notifications
Clear all

On Accutane for Mild Acne

MemberMember
(@red97)

Posted : 09/19/2017 7:36 pm

I see a lot of posts on here from accutane users but I've noticed they all are from people with more moderate/severe acne. I figured as someone currently on accutane for mild acne i'd make one to talk about what my experience is like, maybe to help another user like me.

Before anyone freaks out about me being on it for mild acne, let me explain myself. I've had mild but persistent acne since I was around 11 or 12. I started going on topical and oral meds when I was 14 but nothing really helped. My dermatologist was constantly changing my meds and when we'd finally find some that worked my acne would flare up again after half a year. I've never had severe acne by any means, but most of the time i'll haveone or two pimples on my face. I'm 20 now, and he just recommended that I try accutane, so after a lot of research I figured i'd give it a try.

I'm on day 19now, 40 mg. I had a really early initial breakout starting around day 2 or 3 and it lasted until about day 12. It was pretty bad, especially since I've gotten used to only a few pimples on my face at a time, but it's cleared up a lot in the past week.

Side effects so far: honestly, really not much. I have dry lips but I was also very prepared and have been applying aquaphor to the lips and cetaphil to my face religiously since a week before i started the meds so I haven't had any cracking or pain. Around the second week my face was VERY oily, to the point where I felt gross and uncomfortable, but I think that might have been my face pushing out all of the oils (?) anyways, my face is all dried up now. I also noticed that when i get a pimple it's completely gone after about 5 days, whereas before the damn thing would stay pigmented on my face for up to a month or two. So that's nice.

I'm hoping to update this pretty frequently if I notice any more side effects or improvements. I'll try and post some pictures if anyone's interested. That is, if I figure out how to.

samrachel liked
MemberMember
(@malemuriel)

Posted : 10/29/2017 3:30 pm

keep updating!