Notifications
Clear all

is accutane working? (pics)

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 02/06/2017 6:16 pm

im 3.5 months in. it got better but im still breaking out and i don't know why..
also, the pimples i get on accutane take forever to go away, it's so frustrating

1486143532570.jpg

1486143364852.jpg

1483519977751.jpg

MemberMember
(@acneprone22)

Posted : 02/07/2017 1:19 pm

My pimples take forever to go away too. It wasnt like that before

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 02/07/2017 3:07 pm

1 hour ago, AcneProne22 said:

My pimples take forever to go away too. It wasnt like that before

it sucks.. do u think its starting to work? from the pics

MemberMember
(@acneprone22)

Posted : 02/09/2017 3:41 pm

Yea. Your face doesn't look as oily and the size of the pimples has gone down.

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 02/10/2017 1:42 pm

Some clear up within a month, some clear up after 3 months and some don't clear up until after they are off Accutane, believe it or not! No two cases are the exact same and there are so many different factors (age, weight, ethnicity, diet, dose, climate, etc) that affect absorption, trough levels and efficacy. Your skin looks a lot better however I wouldn't worry about getting clear. It will happen eventually, trust me, although I can understand your frustration. 

"Good things come to those who wait" 

:)

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 02/10/2017 2:59 pm

That picture in the middle, is that the recent one?

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 02/10/2017 5:19 pm

yup. i took it a week ago

MemberMember
(@sofieeeeeeeee)

Posted : 02/10/2017 6:33 pm

Hmm, mine seem to go away so much faster on accutane than before without accutane.

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 02/10/2017 11:42 pm

Holy... your skin is so good now! Congrats! I feel like going on accutane myself but ugh... those side effects :0

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 02/11/2017 5:55 am

6 hours ago, Adeel2111 said:

Holy... your skin is so good now! Congrats! I feel like going on accutane myself but ugh... those side effects :0

it's getting better but i'm not completely clear yet.. still have 4 months to go though
don't be scared of the side effects they're not bad reaally. the only side effects i experienced are dryness and some nosebleeds

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 02/11/2017 7:49 pm

Yeah, i see
It is so much better than before, trust me or not (you should). It worked so nicely on you, im glad for you :)
The thing is, everybody reacts differently - its rare to get insane side effects from antibiotics but i did get them, such as scratching constantly, painful headache etc. And there are some horror stories out there about accutane, thats why im so afraid. I know its rare with long-term side effects, but its still a chance. And im just thinking about... my skin will get so much worse for like 2-3months before it will get better again, when i start accutane. Did you experience any bad breakouts due to accutane?

MemberMember
(@accutaneeuser)

Posted : 02/12/2017 7:38 am

11 hours ago, Adeel2111 said:

Yeah, i see
It is so much better than before, trust me or not (you should). It worked so nicely on you, im glad for you :)
The thing is, everybody reacts differently - its rare to get insane side effects from antibiotics but i did get them, such as scratching constantly, painful headache etc. And there are some horror stories out there about accutane, thats why im so afraid. I know its rare with long-term side effects, but its still a chance. And im just thinking about... my skin will get so much worse for like 2-3months before it will get better again, when i start accutane. Did you experience any bad breakouts due to accutane?

thank you so much! i really appreciate your words 
well, my skin actually got worse during the 2nd n the 3rth month..but it wasn't something i haven't experienced before accutane. however it started to get better the 4rth month..you just have to be patient and to give it time. 
please dont read those horror stories please. trust me i know a lot of people who went on accutane and now they are the happiest people ever. my best friend is one of them and she was on it for a year and a half! now she has perfect skin nshe is so happy. i don't know why i waited this long but oh well.. just go on accutane.you can always stop if you experienced something bad (which is rare to happen)

MemberMember
(@adeel2111)

Posted : 02/12/2017 5:48 pm

You are right... I think i should give it a go

MemberMember
(@aesthetic123)

Posted : 02/13/2017 12:51 am

On 2/11/2017 at 7:49 PM, Adeel2111 said:

Yeah, i see

hi, i'm a new user. I decided to create an account on this website because of accutane. I needed a place to rant and hopefully find advice from other or help people.
I started accutane last year on the 17th of february. I finished my 7 month course in october. I have never been more depressed since. Around month 2 I started to have facial flushing issues. It has stuck with me until now. I thought I would be one of the ones who were 'lucky' and dodge the long term side effects that are apparently 'rare' but i wasn't. It's really not worth the risk. Accutane gave me rosacea. There are so many changes in my life due to accutane. I can't be in hot rooms without going bright red, I can't exercise, I can't speak to people when the attention is on me, I can't go swimming, I can't even sleep on my cheek on my pillow at night . My acne could have been fixed in much safer ways, there were so many other options. Rosacea however, is not curable. If i had one wish, I would  go back and never take accutane. High risk, high reward yes, but SO not worth it. (Btw yes my skin is clear but i would trade my skin rn for my old acne skin in a heartbeat. Acne realllyyyy isnt as bad as it seems i promise you)