Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@punchysaffron)

Posted : 09/24/2016 1:12 pm

I have been suffering from cystic acne for the past 10 years.  After trying everything I could, I am finally on Accutane 40mg for 6 months. I has been a very depressing experience along with my clinical depression but I am hoping that this experience helps a bit. 

I have been taking it for a month now so here is my experience so far with this drug. This is going to be a bit more personal because I feel like this is the only place where I can whine about it: 

Day 1: Today is my first day on Accutane 40mg per day. I am super nervous but also extremely hopeful that this is actually going to help after 10 years of trying everything. The thing that I am most nervous about is the initial breakout or if the side effects go so bad that I have to stop it. Fingers crossed for now. 

Day 3: No side effects yet, one break out on the jawline. Seriously freaked if turns out to be a big one. 

Day 8: Skin is quite bumpy. Ekh. Awful. 

Day 13: Skin stings a lot and there is a cyst developing right next to my nose. It is red and ugly and I hate life. :(

Day 17: Another Cyst forming next to my eyebrows. Drieness is easy to handle. 

Day 22: Very visible blackheads. Hair is so dry. The best side effect. Do not need washing. Cyst still itching and rising. 

Day 26: Blackheads and dryness 

Day 31: Lips are dry. I don't see any difference.  I am so dissapointed :( Whenever I look at my face I feel like nothing. It is so hard. I don't know what to do anymore.  

I will continue to update this.   Really need this treatment to work.