Notifications
Clear all

My 2nd Accutane Journey (18F)

MemberMember
(@tolerantcheat)

Posted : 05/10/2016 6:17 am

I took Accutane a year and a half ago and and was fine until about november-december of last year. I had mild persistent acne. My acne came back but I didn't worry too much because it wasn't too bad. However it got worse very quickly and derm put me on all these other BS medication until I could go back on a drug that actually worked  lol 
Anyway today is Day 2. I'm on 60mg per day and I already notice myself flaring up. I don't feel incredibly dry or flaky. My muscles feel sore but I fell off my bicycle the other day so I don't know if it's from the drug or not. 
I hope that becomes this is my second course my IB won't be as bad (not counting on it though) and my skin will clear up a lot faster (which many people have reported). 
*The current condition of my skin atm is I have small breakouts all over my forehead, cheeks, t-zone, and mouth area*

MemberMember
(@tolerantcheat)

Posted : 05/11/2016 11:14 pm

Day 3:
I have two huge breakouts on my cheek, a couple small ones too. I put some aloe vera on them to lessen the inflammation. However I can already notice an improvement in other areas of my skin. My forehead has smoothed out-no more bumpy whiteheads. My nose is also a lot smoother, the blackheads on there aren't as bumpy either.
I haven't experienced any major side effects other than dry skin. My lips aren't even as chapped.

*interesting side story* At school, a girl who used to have a lot of acne like mine was getting compliments on how clear and smooth her skin looked, all because of the new expensive meds her dermatologist put her on. I wonder what it could be! Ha. Anyway she seems much happier now which also made me happy.

MemberMember
(@tolerantcheat)

Posted : 05/14/2016 9:58 am

Day 4-5: Still no dramatic change other than my face is SUPER dry and burning. I'm still surprised my lips aren't cracking up yet. The two stubborn breakouts on my cheek still won't go away which is super annoying since they're very red and inflamed thus noticeable |! Right before prom next week too...
But I'm very happy that everywhere else I have stopped breaking out, even after eating so much junk food yesterday (the perks of accutane!) 

MemberMember
(@tolerantcheat)

Posted : 05/14/2016 9:41 pm

Day 6: My face is super dry and burning, with redness all over. my lips are finally at that stage where they are super chapped. My skin is breaking out again all over! They are pretty small though so maybe they'll go away.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/15/2016 12:27 pm

Ah, we are on the same boat! I am currently on a day 3 of my second treatment. I hope it goes well this time for you!