Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Log - 17M - Pictures

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 08/24/2016 5:07 pm

6 hours ago, rlam said:

Hey man!

Hope all is well. Your face is really improving. Are you taking your Accutane with a fat source? Since it is fat soluble, in order for it to be metabolized it needs to be taken with fat. I used to take mine with a tablespoon of olive oil (tastes gross but helps). Also, have you thought about weight training? I had really low self esteem during my course but getting my body into shape helped me feel better about myself overall, even though my face was still a mess. Good luck with this year!! You're going to do great

Thanks for the tips! I take my pill with a meal and some almonds, I shoot for around 20g of fat per pill. I do train yes, but I am both a runner and basketball player so it is tough to gain too much wait, but I'd say I'm pretty happy with how my body is. I'm glad training helped with your confidence, and I wish you only the best on future endeavors. Thanks for the wishes and have a great day/week/month.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 08/24/2016 9:58 pm

Day 174

Actives wise I think I have improved, aside from some stubborn ones on my cheekbones. At this point things are going well, and would be going extremely well if my marks were gone. Right now they are pretty red and splotchy, especially at school with their wild temperatures and horrendous lighting. There are just so many things going through my mind right now, like what will happen to my face when I finish in a month. I think it would just be awful to break out badly after my course, considering I have gained a fair amount of confidence. I'm thinking about using my last month's prescription of 30 days (optional but supplied by my derm) and taking one every 4 days as a preventative maintenance measure. Stay positive!

Freddie Gibbs - Basketball Wives

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 08/31/2016 10:20 pm

Day 181

Damn time flies. Actives wise, only a few spots remain. So nice to feel smooth skin at least in some areas. Currently hoping this medicine will never run out so I can't get any new actives while my annoying red marks fade. Stay positive!

J. Cole - Jermaine's Interlude

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:03 pm

Day 186

Honestly baffled at how fast this whole course has gone. Had a new spot pop up recently, does not look good. Actives wise I am still under 5 so that is very nice. Face is still red. Going to ask my derm about a post-course maintenance dosage, maybe something like 40mg every 5 days just to keep actives and oil at bay. Stay positive!

Isaiah Rashad - Brenda

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 09/16/2016 2:28 pm

Day 197

Actives still fading. Redness in face has been bad these past couple of days, my right cheek is either really cold or really hot. Very strange. I'm beginning to accept the red marks, as they are going to be there for at least another couple months so I might as well start liking them. Just wish I could speed up the healing for all the redness. Stay positive!

Isaiah Rashad - BDay

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 09/26/2016 6:49 pm

Day 207

Sorry for the delay in the update if any of you out there were waiting. I just hope my log has been of some help for someone out there, as my main goal going into this log was to make an informative description of my experience fore anyone out there. Been feeling kinda strange lately. There is no doubt by this point that Accutane has helped my complexion, but what it hasnt helped is my social anxiety. I wa under the false inpression that when my face clears, so does my social anxiety. I was wrong. Either way, I am happy with my progress so far. I end my course in ~15 days, and will probably end this log for a post-accutane log as I have not seen too many of those around here. I am a little confused as to what goes down after you finish the course, so if anyone has any insight that would be much appreciated. Stay positive!

Madvillainy - Eye

PICTURE UPDATE - http://imgur.com/a/ArJsz Set #8

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 09/27/2016 4:13 pm

Your skin looks so good! I am happy for your progress, there are definitely things you can start using post accutane to heal the hyper pigmentation. I've been using the stone crop serum from eminence organics and it's worked very well. its pricey, but safe for acne prone and sensitive skin! Wishing you all the best. Keep updating us. I will be doing an 8th month at 40mg to wean down. I'll be done in early Nov!

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 09/27/2016 7:23 pm

3 hours ago, CNA7 said:

Your skin looks so good! I am happy for your progress, there are definitely things you can start using post accutane to heal the hyper pigmentation. I've been using the stone crop serum from eminence organics and it's worked very well. its pricey, but safe for acne prone and sensitive skin! Wishing you all the best. Keep updating us. I will be doing an 8th month at 40mg to wean down. I'll be done in early Nov!

Thank you, it has been quite the journey! I am happy for your progress as well and hope you are feeling great with your skin. I looked into the serum and might give it a try once I finish my course. At this point I am unsure of an 8th month for myself but it is still a possibility. Thanks for the kind words and have a great day!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 10/16/2016 10:40 pm

Day 227

Time flies. Had my 6.5 month checkup a week ago and I will continue on 40mg for 2 more months to ensure complete clearance of actives. I'm feeling pretty good. Looking back, I can't believe how much my skin has changed. It really is mind blowing. I don't want to get too psychoanalytical, but looking back I feel so weird. Anyways, my actives decrease weekly and my red marks are still trying to fade. Stay positive!

J. Cole - Nobody's Perfect

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 10/31/2016 11:37 am

Day 142

I would do anything to kill these red marks. This is the closest I have ever come to feeling like I have at least some confidence with myself in a looong time. Please red marks, die. Just, die. Please. PLEASE. I get about an active every week or so now, which is nice compared to what it used to be. Side effect wise, aside from some pretty bad heat flashes and some hair loss, I'm pretty good. My next update will have pictures. Stay positive!

Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/07/2016 1:06 pm

On 10/31/2016 at 0:37 PM, Diamond98 said:
Day 142

I would do anything to kill these red marks. This is the closest I have ever come to feeling like I have at least some confidence with myself in a looong time. Please red marks, die. Just, die. Please. PLEASE. I get about an active every week or so now, which is nice compared to what it used to be. Side effect wise, aside from some pretty bad heat flashes and some hair loss, I'm pretty good. My next update will have pictures. Stay positive!

Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade

Just wanted to give you a shoutout. Your results look amazing. Also the PIH red marks are nowhere near as bad as you think, I swear. You've come such a long way. Using a mineral sunblock is a good way to prevent the marks from getting worse. Are you still losing hair?

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 11/15/2016 12:02 am

On November 7, 2016 at 0:06 PM, cloudydreamer said:
Just wanted to give you a shoutout. Your results look amazing. Also the PIH red marks are nowhere near as bad as you think, I swear. You've come such a long way. Using a mineral sunblock is a good way to prevent the marks from getting worse. Are you still losing hair?

Thanks for the kind words, means a ton right now. I noticed hair loss about 3 months ago, and it peaked like 2 months ago. It's has slowed down, but my hairline is thinner seems farther back than normal. My parents say that I'm the only one who notices it, but I know some loss is there. I'm not going to fret about it too much unless I am still losing hair in abnormal amounts 3 months after finishing my course. Sorry for the delay in response.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/16/2016 10:02 am

On 11/15/2016 at 0:02 AM, Diamond98 said:
Thanks for the kind words, means a ton right now. I noticed hair loss about 3 months ago, and it peaked like 2 months ago. It's has slowed down, but my hairline is thinner seems farther back than normal. My parents say that I'm the only one who notices it, but I know some loss is there. I'm not going to fret about it too much unless I am still losing hair in abnormal amounts 3 months after finishing my course. Sorry for the delay in response.

No problem. Glad it helped you feel a bit better. It's a great sign that it slowed down. If it's truly from Accutane it's plausible that within the next 12 months, it will all grow back. I've read stories where people lost some hair and it did grow back...I don't think Accutane destroys hair follicles. It just causes shedding. Also, since other people say it's not noticeable you should be fine. We always scrutinize and criticize ourselves more than others do, and most people don't even notice our small flaws like we notice them. I know it's hard to be patient but I think you'll be fine. Try some Biotin shampoo in the meantime, it really helped me when I got my hair cut way too short and it looked awful. It regew a bit faster.

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 11/16/2016 4:43 pm

Hey! I just logged back on to see how you were doing, friend! Seems all is well despite some hair loss? I hope that stops :( but I am certain it'll come back once you are done with accutane. So you will be off your pills in February then? I am doing two more months! I am weaning off the medication though, as prescribed by my derm. I am down to 40mg every other day, then next month, 20mg every other day. I'll be done January 14th! 

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 11/17/2016 3:59 pm

On 11/16/2016 at 9:02 AM, cloudydreamer said:
No problem. Glad it helped you feel a bit better. It's a great sign that it slowed down. If it's truly from Accutane it's plausible that within the next 12 months, it will all grow back. I've read stories where people lost some hair and it did grow back...I don't think Accutane destroys hair follicles. It just causes shedding. Also, since other people say it's not noticeable you should be fine. We always scrutinize and criticize ourselves more than others do, and most people don't even notice our small flaws like we notice them. I know it's hard to be patient but I think you'll be fine. Try some Biotin shampoo in the meantime, it really helped me when I got my hair cut way too short and it looked awful. It regew a bit faster. 

We always are our worst critic, no doubt. Thanks for the suggestion I will surely check it out!

23 hours ago, CNA7 said:

Hey! I just logged back on to see how you were doing, friend! Seems all is well despite some hair loss? I hope that stops :( but I am certain it'll come back once you are done with accutane. So you will be off your pills in February then? I am doing two more months! I am weaning off the medication though, as prescribed by my derm. I am down to 40mg every other day, then next month, 20mg every other day. I'll be done January 14th! 

Hey, nice to hear from you again! I have about a months supply of 40mg pills left with instructions to take one daily until I am completely out of pills. Your method of weaning off of the medication is my ideal end to the treatment, and I've been trying to get a hold of my derm to ask her if I could finish my treatment with one more month of 20mg every other day. Hopefully we can work that plan out, I think it would help my face transition. I hope everything is great for you and you are having a fantastic day!

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 12/01/2016 12:28 pm

I definitely think weaning off is the way to go! My skin is far less dry, and I am starting to feel better overall. Less aches and pains (still there, but decreasing)... I am doing 20mg every day until Christmas, then 20mg, every other day. I have 34 pills left, so I am trying to space it out until January 14th (so that my skin remains clear while I am in Hawaii Jan 2-14) then I'll be done.... hopefully we wont have to do a second course and we can move on from this life... beginning 2017 on the right foot with clear skin :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 12/02/2016 5:46 pm

On 12/1/2016 at 11:28 AM, CNA7 said:

I definitely think weaning off is the way to go! My skin is far less dry, and I am starting to feel better overall. Less aches and pains (still there, but decreasing)... I am doing 20mg every day until Christmas, then 20mg, every other day. I have 34 pills left, so I am trying to space it out until January 14th (so that my skin remains clear while I am in Hawaii Jan 2-14) then I'll be done.... hopefully we wont have to do a second course and we can move on from this life... beginning 2017 on the right foot with clear skin :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 

Sounds like a great plan! I hope yours went well also!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 12/30/2016 12:21 am

Terribly sorry for the lack of updates. I plan on getting a day count tomorrow as well as a pictures and a full update. Whoever is reading this I hope you have a great day!

Danny Brown - Get Hi

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 12/30/2016 6:11 pm

Day 202

Haven't had this small of an amount of spots on my face since 7th grade. My only issue right now is hyperpigmentation, which is starting to fade a tad. Really happy with the course as of now. My course ends in 5 days. I am going to do post Accutane logs on Snapchat. If you are interested, message me and I can give you the username. I am going to be monitoring my post medicine days very closely. Honestly, I am very scared. Stay positive!

Picture log update!!! - http://imgur.com/a/ArJsz Will be set #9

J. Cole - 4 your eyez only

MemberMember
(@sohelpmegod)

Posted : 01/04/2017 12:27 am

Hey! I just read through your entire log. It looks like it was quite a ride. But your skin - from the pictures you posted - looks amazing now. There's been so much improvement - in fact, if I only saw the last picture, I'd have thought you never had acne at all. You have no reason to fret over your hyperpigmentation, because it doesn't seem noticeable to me at all. I'm struggling with red and dark spots, and you'd be grateful to have your skin if you saw mine 
I started Accutane a week ago - on a 20mg dose - and I hope I have results as great as yours(though mine will probably take longer due to my low dose). Fingers crossed.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 01/05/2017 9:54 pm

On 1/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, Mimi_mi said:

Hey! I just read through your entire log. It looks like it was quite a ride. But your skin - from the pictures you posted - looks amazing now. There's been so much improvement - in fact, if I only saw the last picture, I'd have thought you never had acne at all. You have no reason to fret over your hyperpigmentation, because it doesn't seem noticeable to me at all. I'm struggling with red and dark spots, and you'd be grateful to have your skin if you saw mine 
I started Accutane a week ago - on a 20mg dose - and I hope I have results as great as yours(though mine will probably take longer due to my low dose). Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot - it has been quite the ride. Good luck on your journey, and I'm sure that by the end of your course you will quite satisfied! If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to post on my log! I hope you are having a nice day!

MemberMember
(@mysticalheavens56)

Posted : 01/25/2017 8:10 pm

Your skin looks amazing in the photos! I can really see a difference. I get a lot of PIH as well so I feel you on how annoying it is-hopefully post-accutane it will fade even more more plus we can do dermaroll rolling after 6 months!

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 01/28/2017 1:38 pm

On 1/25/2017 at 7:10 PM, mysticalheavens56 said:

Your skin looks amazing in the photos! I can really see a difference. I get a lot of PIH as well so I feel you on how annoying it is-hopefully post-accutane it will fade even more more plus we can do dermaroll rolling after 6 months! 

Thanks! I really am looking forward to treating those damn red marks, they never seem to go! Best of luck to you and stay positive!

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 02/10/2017 2:56 pm

How are you!? I am officially post accutane now, and doing okay - the past week ive gotten quite a few clogged pores :( im very sad about it since my skin was nearly flawless for so long. Ive started using some salicyilic acid again and it seems to be helping a little bit. 

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 02/12/2017 7:36 pm

On 2/10/2017 at 1:56 PM, CNA7 said:

How are you!? I am officially post accutane now, and doing okay - the past week ive gotten quite a few clogged pores :( im very sad about it since my skin was nearly flawless for so long. Ive started using some salicyilic acid again and it seems to be helping a little bit. 

Sorry to hear about the clogged pores, I hope things get better! My skin right now feels irritated and red, I think it is the oil starting to come back. I have a few new spots but I'm hoping my new retin-a cream will help out.