Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Log - 17M - Pictures

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/27/2016 11:21 pm

Day 27

Trying not to focus on updates, I'm on spring break. Face red, inflamed and is peeling pretty nicely right now. Spent 2 days in the sun, used sunscreen both times. Hoping for a quick turnaround.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/29/2016 12:59 pm

Day 29

Face looks and feels awful - cysts on cheekbones very painful. Trying to enjoy my spring break.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 03/31/2016 4:23 pm

Day 31

Face still looking sad. I'm just angry because it was clearing before spring break, now I have to go back to school looking like a wreck. Maybe not angry, just annoyed. I'm still optimistic for the future though.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/01/2016 2:45 am

Early Morning Day 32

Holy shit these itching fits are killing me. Can't sleep at all. Itchy allllll over. Anyone have any tips on how to stop the itching? I'm drinking plenty of water and moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/03/2016 10:26 pm

Day 34

Have a checkup and blood tomorrow. Not sure if I am going to be bumped up or not, but right now I am experiencing virtually no side effects. My lips are dry, but manageable. Back pain is subsiding along with my chest pains. My face is starting to dry up, but nothing a little moisturizer can't handle. I will be uploading pictures tomorrow when I get home from school right before I leave for my appointment. As for acne, it seems to be clearing. Some seriously inflamed spots have started to flatten and some smaller ones seem to be healing. Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/04/2016 10:59 pm

Day 35

Had a checkup today. I am now alternating between 40mg and 80mg every other day. Face looks decent, acne seems to be flattening out. Still some hard bumps around both cheekbones. Got caught up today, I will be sure to update the picture log tomorrow. Stay positive people!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/05/2016 9:29 pm

Day 36

Took the 2nd pill of my 2nd month of pills today. Only 40mg, tomorrow I will take 80mg and alternate every other day. Face still looking the same, acne flattening out it seems. Breakout on left temple, rather painful. Cluster of 4 or so spots. Hoping to turn the corner soon. Stay positive!

Pictures updated today, will be #4 set. http://imgur.com/a/ArJsz

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/06/2016 10:30 pm

Day 37

Took 80mg today. It seems as if my ability to see clearly under low light is decreasing a tad, things just seem a little blurry at night. Wrists breaking out in an itchy rash. Face still getting better aside from the new cluster of spots on my left temple. Stay strong out there people!

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 04/07/2016 7:24 am

Occasional breakouts do happen from time to time.Hang in there pal.

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/07/2016 11:48 am

4 hours ago, Naimur97 said:

Occasional breakouts do happen from time to time.Hang in there pal.

Thanks, trying my best

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/08/2016 11:55 pm

Day 39

My face is so shifty, I will look at it (I always weird myself out when I talk about looking at the same thing I am looking from) at one point during the day and it looks decent, and look at it again at a different point and it looks like sh@t. For the most part though, the breakouts I am getting seem to be painful for a couple days and then start to flatten out. I have multiple painful and irritating bumps under my skin that you can't tell are there when looking, but I really wan't them gone. I hope they don't cave in and scar when/if they start to diminish. Still optimistic, and my Warriors are back in business!

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 04/09/2016 2:38 pm

On 4/1/2016 at 3:45 AM, Diamond98 said:
Early Morning Day 32

Holy shit these itching fits are killing me. Can't sleep at all. Itchy allllll over. Anyone have any tips on how to stop the itching? I'm drinking plenty of water and moisturizing.

If this is still bothering you, ask your derm for creams to help with itchiness.My derm gave me some free steroid cream samples (desonide) to help with the itchiness during my 1 month checkup. I applied it twice a day for about 3 days, and then again a few days later for about 2 days. I'll still get itchy now and then, but in general it's not nearly as bad. I've also found that washing my hair with tea tree oil shampoo before bed helps. If I don't wash my hair before bed, my scalp AND face become horribly itchy and I can't sleep. You can get tea tree oil shampoo at trader joe's for super cheap, if you have one near you

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/10/2016 12:26 am

Day 40

Man, day 40 already! Pretty crazy... anyways, my face looks pretty rough. Usually warmer weather accentuates my redness, but it seems as if most all conditions make my face super red. Hard to find a decent temperature to keep my face cool. Acne wise, it looks a little worse, with some more spots popping up on my cheekbones. I am just piling up red marks, even if I clear up tomorrow I'm sure the marks will reside on my face for months to come. Kinda depressing, but oh well. Stay positive people!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/10/2016 10:51 pm

Day 41

Face looks the worst it has in a while. Red marks keep piling up, with every new spot I get its another red mark for 3 months or something. Face looks red, my lips look weird, my nose looks bigger because it is so red, my skin is oily again, man I am just really pissed of. I have to go back to school with this shit on my face, and I probably will have to go to school looking like this for the remainder of my junior year looking like this. At least everybody knows by now that I have acne, since I've had it for so long and all. That makes it a little easier to swallow. I'm so weird though, I hate my skin now but I still am so optimistic for the future. I run through things I'm going to do when I have clear skin in my head. Sometimes I get so caught up in these dreams I totally forget that its just a daydream. It is nice though. Stay positive people!

MemberMember
(@startingon80mg)

Posted : 04/11/2016 3:47 pm

16 hours ago, Diamond98 said:
Day 41

Face looks the worst it has in a while. Red marks keep piling up, with every new spot I get its another red mark for 3 months or something. Face looks red, my lips look weird, my nose looks bigger because it is so red, my skin is oily again, man I am just really pissed of. I have to go back to school with this shit on my face, and I probably will have to go to school looking like this for the remainder of my junior year looking like this. At least everybody knows by now that I have acne, since I've had it for so long and all. That makes it a little easier to swallow. I'm so weird though, I hate my skin now but I still am so optimistic for the future. I run through things I'm going to do when I have clear skin in my head. Sometimes I get so caught up in these dreams I totally forget that its just a daydream. It is nice though. Stay positive people!

I feel your pain. I'm only 115lb and starting 80mg of Accutane today. What's worse is I had to do over a month on birth control before i could get to this point. I'm really scared, but my optimism/ hating my skin has brought me this far. Hang in there for the both of us!

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/11/2016 10:25 pm

Day 42

Face looks rough in some spots, better than yesterday though. The tip of my nose is red, swollen and painful to the touch. There seem to be a few blind spots there, very awkward positioning.

Side Effect Update:

Back pain went from severe to now mild. Skin is dry, I have developed eczema-like spots on my arms, both have red areas from elbow to wrist. Patches of the eczema-like spots are also on my hands. My nose is not good at all. I've always had problems with bloody noses, and was getting them every third day or so, sometimes back to back days. So not really normal, but manageable for me. The past week or so has been bad. Waking up with blood all over my bed, having to leave class in front of everybody with a bloody Kleenex up my nose. Pulling out some serious blood clot action too.

I hate listing side effects because I feel like I'm complaining when in reality it could be much worse. I could be a Syrian refugee floating on a raft in the Mediterranean sea. Very sad stuff. Anyways, so far things are OK side effect wise, and I will totally do this for another 5 months if that means having clear skin.

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 04/12/2016 8:12 pm

On 4/11/2016 at 11:51 PM, Diamond98 said:
Day 41

I'm so weird though, I hate my skin now but I still am so optimistic for the future. I run through things I'm going to do when I have clear skin in my head. Sometimes I get so caught up in these dreams I totally forget that its just a daydream. It is nice though. Stay positive people!

Lol I do the same exact thing man. I'm like "i'm gonna hang out with friends all the time, get brunch with a new friend every sunday, party every friday, see my relatives more, etc. etc." And i really do think I will. it will just make social interaction so much easier / more desirable once we have clear skin. It'll come! the dream will be a reality soon enough.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/12/2016 10:21 pm

Day 42

Face looking better, some of the painful spots are starting to retreat. Overall, my face still has quite a few spots but the clear areas look clearer than ever, if that makes any sense. Accutane plays mind games sometimes. There are a few spots that are really bothersome, make washing my face a tedious job. Still excited for the future!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/13/2016 10:47 pm

Day 43

Hopefully my skin is turning a corner for the better - it feels like it is smoothing out, in 24 hours the texture of my skin feels better than it has in a while. I still have some problem areas, but hopefully they clear soon. Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/15/2016 11:05 pm

Day 45

Face maybe looking a little better, my body is much worse. Very annoying, I have some big spots on my shoulders, chest and neck. Eczema still present, still strong too. My acne seems to be moving faster than normal, the lifespan of some spots seem to be shorter. Some lingering, deep spots also appear to be coming to the surface. Picture update tomorrow probably. Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/18/2016 10:23 pm

Day 48

What Accutane has done for me so far:

-I currently have about 3x as many inflamed spots from when I started
-My hair is thinning
-Deep spots on my nose
-Currently showing no improvement
-Back pain
-Random aches
-My face looks like shit
-Bloody noses in class (sucks)
-My face looks like shit
-Super itchy
-My face looks like shit
-Overall just mad at the fact that my acne is worse
-My face looks like shit

I may be overreacting, but I'm just a little pissed right now.

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 04/18/2016 10:50 pm

20 minutes ago, Diamond98 said:
Day 48

What Accutane has done for me so far:

-I currently have about 3x as many inflamed spots from when I started
-My hair is thinning
-Deep spots on my nose
-Currently showing no improvement
-Back pain
-Random aches
-My face looks like shit
-Bloody noses in class (sucks)
-My face looks like shit
-Super itchy
-My face looks like shit
-Overall just mad at the fact that my acne is worse
-My face looks like shit

I may be overreacting, but I'm just a little pissed right now.

Yup, Day 53 and my skin has never been worse. I'm embarrassed to leave my house. I have so many spots on my face I can't even count them all. Before accutane I had maybe 3 spots at any one time. I can't envision getting clear, but it has to get worse before it can get better, right? Try coating the inside of your nose with some vaseline in the morning, it has kept me from getting nosebleeds. Stay strong man, we're in this together 🙂

Diamond98 liked
MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/19/2016 6:24 pm

19 hours ago, tranceaddict said:

Yup, Day 53 and my skin has never been worse. I'm embarrassed to leave my house. I have so many spots on my face I can't even count them all. Before accutane I had maybe 3 spots at any one time. I can't envision getting clear, but it has to get worse before it can get better, right? Try coating the inside of your nose with some vaseline in the morning, it has kept me from getting nosebleeds. Stay strong man, we're in this together :)

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm gonna stick with it and I hope you do too, because I think it will be worth it. I'm thinking our breakouts are sort of a delayed initial breakout and we should begin to clear soon!

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/19/2016 9:58 pm

Day 49

My patience is running low with this medicine, I really want to see some positive changes. Nothing drastic, just a slight glimmer of healing would really hype me up in continuing this process. Face looks the same - red, slightly inflamed and has deep spots that refuse to move. Staying positive though. Honestly, music is the only thing getting me through this.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 04/21/2016 6:38 pm

Just want to type this so I won't forget in the future - I am going to make a second thread when I complete my course with a condensed version of this current log.

Stephen23 liked