Notifications
Clear all

My accutane journey

MemberMember
(@njones)

Posted : 01/10/2016 11:37 am

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my accutane journey with you! 

So ive been suffering with cystic acne for 7 years I'm 26 now. I have tried every prescription and over the counter treatment but nothing would work. Back in June last year my doctor finally agreed to refer me to a dermatologist. After what felt like a lifetime I got my first appointment in Nov. I am now about to start my third month of accutane and I am seeing the results! The lumps have completely gone and I have one small whitehead on my cheek, this is the clearest my face has been in years! 

I like many others was unsure whether to start the accutane due to the stories and side effects however I'm glad I did. Apart from very dry skin and dry lips I haven't suffered with any of the other listed symptoms! I have found Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser the best for my dry skin. For my lips I have been using palmers cocoa butter lip balm I have to put this on every half hour to keep my lips moisturised. As you will see In the pictures I still have very red scarrs so I have been mixing bio oil with my moisturiser.

before photo

image.jpeg.c73b421e10652352de3022c1f2736For me the side affects are worth putting up with because for the first time in ages I am starting to see my confidence grow again. As other acne sufferers know it can ruin your social life and kill any confidence you may of had. I constantly felt like I had to hide my skin under thick foundation and when the acne was at its worst I stopped going out altogether to avoid people seeing me. I was obsessed with it and jealous of other girls and their clear skin.  As I said for the first time I'm starting to feel like my old self again! If anyone needs any advise or is unsure whether to start the accutane I would be happy to answer any questions you may have! 

Thanks for reading! X

3 months into accutane 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/10/2016 11:16 pm

Great progress!! Your skin looks amazing! You are beautiful regardless of your acne, remember that! I'm very happy for you!

NJones liked
MemberMember
(@njones)

Posted : 01/11/2016 4:20 am

Thank you very much :)