Notifications
Clear all

Loren's (Amnesteem/isotretinoin) Journey

MemberMember
(@lorena2010)

Posted : 09/12/2015 11:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here. And would like advise, tips, stories. Basically anything that I can get lol. I am of course female 23 yrs old. I am battling acne & mine are cystic which is so painful, for years, I would say 8 years or more. I have tried it all and my pocket seems to stay broke because of that. But recently I have gone to a new dermatologist and when I went to him , I had my mind set to take Accutane. I had been doing as much research as possible in regards to the medication. He didn't hold back amd agreed to give it a go. Lets just say I am extremely nervous about the medication and the road that Im going on.

So I am on day 3. (I know newly started) I don't know if its because of the medication but so far I have been getting a lot of whiteheads. And I have to admit I am a face picker and I'm constantly having to tell myself to not touch my face. I am taking fish oil, well just started that today.

My questions so far is, What is a good product for dry lips? And what moisturizer worked best for yall?

I will try to post my journey as I go. And hopefully I'll make a virtual family here, to help with depression. Because I hate my face and have low self-esteem. Which I know this medication is 50/50

MemberMember
(@nasis)

Posted : 09/13/2015 3:53 am

Hi, i am on isotretinoin, day 8, use lip balm on your dry lips, and i think you should search what moisturizer works best for your own skin. Hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@lorena2010)

Posted : 09/24/2015 11:21 am

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well on this day.

So I thought I would give an update on how Im doing so far on this journey.

Last night (9-23-15) I took the 14th pill, which by the way I am on 40mg.

On days 8-9 I noticed that around my nose was really dry and sensitive, the water and even lotion was burning but I can safely say that its gone.

On day 10 I woke up and felt my eyes a little dryer than usual and symptoms of a stye trying to appear but nothing.

As of today (9-24) my eyes still feel a little dryer than usual and my lips as well. I have been breaking out since day 3 and it doesn't seem to calm down yet. Which isn't really assuring

Morning routine

-Wash my face (brush teeth)

-apply sunscreen

-take two fish oil tablets

Night routine

-wash face (brush teeth)

-apply lotion (oil based)

-take probio5 (from plexus)

-take amnesteem pill

Through out the day I use aquaphor on my lips and at night I use Vaseline.

I will update again, not sure if I will wait another 14 days or if I will update if anything pops up lol