Notifications
Clear all

Summer Holiday On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@theleftphalange)

Posted : 07/27/2015 12:28 pm

Hi there.

I'm currently on 30mg and have been for 3 months now, and was on 20mg and 10mg for the 3 months before.

I'm going into my 7th month and I have a 10 day holiday at the end of August in Spain.

I was wondering If anyone else had gone on a holiday or somewhere with a lot of sun whilst on accutane and if you stayed in the sun or just in the shade?

Thanks

Sean

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 07/27/2015 1:24 pm

Hello. I just got back from holiday while on Accutane. Like you I'm on 30 mg. It was 30+ degrees every day and I was out in the sun a lot. I was using a factor 50 and kept a cap on nearly all the time to stop any sun damage and I had no problem what so ever. I even got a tan and that's saying something as I always burn while I'm on holiday and nothing no sun burn anywhere just a golden tan haha. It even sorted my dry lips out for a week (until I got back home that is)

I had only been on Accutane three weeks so Im not sure if this made a difference or not but as long as you use a strong sunscreen, moisturise and keep your hair protected as the combination of sun chlorine and sea water is going to really dry it out, you should be okay. I even had a drink or two.