My Accutane Log

MemberMember
(@optimisticprime)

Posted : 06/26/2015 9:09 am

Well after many failed treatments and scarring/hyperpigmentation I am finally on the "Accutane train". I started my treatment on May 12th 2015 and it is now June 26th so I am a little late on the log but better late than never right!? Here's what has happened so far. I am a 18 y/o male and weigh 165lbs or 75kg. I started on 40mg of Clavaris (Accutane) a day along with 2 200 mg a day of Bactrim.

Week 1- Dryness occured but it's good

because my skin was REALLY oily.

Pimples have decreased almost

instantly!

Week 2- A nosebleed one day and some

blood in my stool. Nothing too crazy.

Headaches/migraines are frequent.

Dry lips are hard to handle!!! Use

Vaseline at night before bed,

exfoliate them in the morning

shower then put Dr. Dan's cortibalm

on throughout the day it seems to

work the best out of all lip balms

including aquaphor which did

nothing for my lips only thing that

sucks is you have to order it.

Weeks 3 & 4- Still some dryness but not bad

at all. Skin is more red/flushing

than usual, also feeling heat

flashes. All tiny blackheads in

my nose have surfaced and

sloughed off. No body acne

anymore! Yay! Stopped the

bactrim also.

Weeks 5 & 6-

Okay, this is the most disappointing my skin has acted since starting the drug...I developed a cluster of pimples on my right cheek one of them being a big cyst on June 17th. Attempted to pop it and failed. (PLEASE DON'T PICK ON THIS MEDICATION! My skin just rips off every time I do and I regret it because it takes like a week+ to heal.) I've also had another two pimples pop up on my left cheek as well...not as bad but still there. Two more smaller ones popped up shortly after on my forehead and under my eye and I of course tried to pop it and now I am left with a raw really noticeable wound on my face and I have graduation today June 26th!