Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Red Marks

MemberMember
(@margherita-eater)

Posted : 06/15/2015 7:54 am

Hi all, first time poster here!

I'm finishing my 6 month course (8500mg cumulative total) of accutane tomorrow, and needless to say I'm pretty excited.

It's certainly worked in terms of clearing any acne - I haven't had any new spots in a couple of weeks - but unfortunately I still have loads of red marks and scabs from before.

I start college at the end of August, so as you can imagine, I'm pretty keen to sort this out. I'm not expecting any miracles, I just don't want people to only notice my pizza face.

Do you think there's any chance of all/most of the red marks clearing by then? Is there anything I can do to speed the process up? Is it true that sun makes it worse? The way I see it, a tan will help even out the skin tone.

I understand accutane can slow the healing process, which may be why my skin looks so bad right now.

Pics included, taken post shower, so not as dry as usual

Thanks!

post-474003-0-11663500-1434372699_thumb.

post-474003-0-62501000-1434372711_thumb.

post-474003-0-93054900-1434372747_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 06/15/2015 1:51 pm

Hey :) Your skin looks amazing so I really wouldn't worry!

Our skin doesn't heal very well whilst we're on the accutane, so now that you're done it should revert to normal and heal at a quicker pace! If they will ALL be totally gone by the end of August...I don't know, accutane will still be in your system most likely, but I think there will definately be a significant improvement.

Congrats!

MemberMember
(@margherita-eater)

Posted : 06/15/2015 5:39 pm

Hi,

"Amazing" may be an overstatement, but it definitely looks better than before treatment so I'll take it, thanks!

You're probably right; completely clear may be a bit optimistic, but A significant improvement would be very welcome indeed.

I'll try to post a photo update when August comes around.

Thanks for your advice!