80 Mg/day Male 16

MemberMember
(@bickyboo12)

Posted : 06/02/2015 12:07 pm

Well I am a 16 male who is taking 80 mg of accutane a day. (Zenatane) I weigh 73 Kg so this is pretty accurate dosing. So, my acne problem has been with me since I was around 12 or 13 when I would only get 1 or two white heads around the mouth area, no big deal. Well as the years went on I started developing whiteheads on my side burns and in between my eyebrows. I didn't care about this much because who gives a shit? 14-15 year old with mild-moderate acne? Get over it bro. But by the time I hit 16 I started getting pimples on my cheek and on my chin. I invested in proactiv (shittiest company ever) and that didn't do much so I stopped it and went to the derm. After a week of stopping the proactiv BOOM EXPLOSION both my cheeks were filled with blackheads small little white heads cysts and big pimples. Worst few weeks ever. My derm gave me Doxycycline and Tazorac which calmed my face down after 5 weeks but I went back for a visit and he said "welp I think we should give accutane a go and just get this over with. In my head I was jumping with joy because I know accutane is the key to success when it comes to acne. So I did the blood tests and got my accutane a few days later.

Week 1 - Within the first 3 days my lips were chapped which I was happy about because that just means it's working. No changes in acne.

Week 2 - skins dry, lips chapped (nothing bad and still not that bad) INITIAL BREAKOUT very similar to my worst breakout I had 2 months prior, sucks but who gives a shit, life your life and get over it. They're just zits and they're gonna go away.

Week 3 - SUPER dry skin, lips stayed the same. When I mean dry skin, I'm talking snake shedding dry. I could literally run my hand down my arm and skin would fall off, friends at school asking "dude why are you shedding your skin off". Acne is still recovering from intial breakout and is SO DRY I looked like a white ass snake.

Week 4 - so initial breakout seems to be over, but I'm still breaking out obviously. Got a few pimples spread around my cheeks and on my chin. I'm starting to look like myself again but I'm a LOOOOOOOONG ways from being clear. Had derm appointment yesterday and everything is doing great (bloodwork) a huge plus is that my appointments are all scheduled so I never miss a day of accutane.

MemberMember
(@bickyboo12)

Posted : 06/19/2015 4:48 pm

Week 5: so I had a breakout this week out that wasn't too bad but still kinda bad. I pushed through it pretty well though.

Week 6: HALLEJUAH THERE IS A GOD and that gods name is accutane. So this week I have seen RAPID clearing, I had a breakout in the beginning of the week in which I had 5 zits on my left 3 on the right, one on forehead and 2 on chin. (This is barely anything for me, to some of you people this is insanity but good for me). And now at the end of the week, I have no actives at all. I have some red marks which is expected but I literally have no acne on my face, it's hard to process this so quickly.

Week 7: smooth sailing. Still no actives just fading red marks and some dry patches. I honestly still think j have acne and still duck out of pictures when my friends try and take them but then I realize "oh shit I'm clear" and hop right in haha. This is the best feeling in the world. ALL HAIL ACCUTANE