Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Alcohol?!

MemberMember
(@ultratiger99)

Posted : 05/05/2015 11:11 am

I have been on a low dose accutane treatment for 2 weeks now. (20mg/day) Last night i drank a lot and did laughing gas at a party, i didn't take the accutane before i went out and am continuing to take it from now on after missing that one night. I feel out of breath with a tight chest and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences and what happened when they drank alcohol? please let me know what you think.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/05/2015 11:58 am

Hi - the out of breath feeling might be your recovering from the laughing gas and/or run of the mill hangover. Drinking while on accutane is generally not encouraged, but it probably won't cause any lasting damage if you are not making a daily habit of it. Accutane probably. If the SOB gets worse or you feel light headed, you should probably head to a clinic.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 05/13/2015 3:48 pm

Don't.

Do.

It.

MemberMember
(@tiger-woods)

Posted : 05/17/2015 2:19 pm

There aren't any long term studies done on alcohol and Accutane so it's at your own risk.

Short term I don't see a problem. Your monthly blood tests will catcth anything wrong.

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 06/08/2015 11:49 pm

If you're going to have a little it's OK, but if you are going to drink for the effect of being drunk then you'll have the worst hangover in your life that will last twice as long as usual.