Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Second Course Very Low Dose (20 Mg Eod)

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/02/2015 10:34 am

hey guys

my history with acne

i had acne since i was maybe 15 years old ....but it got worse in high school ...back then i tried doxy and used BP on active spots ....but i never was clear or even close so i decided to accept this acne and live with it

untill i reached college and got in med school ....i realised how much acne was making me inscure around other med student who most of them had good skin ...so one day last year 'may 2014' i snapped and became obssesed with acne ...so i re visited the derm and this time he gaved me accutane (my first course ) was 10 mg for 2 months and 20 mg for 2 months ....i was on it from may to sepetember but i stopped it due to high test results (ALAT and ASAT) and when my enzym levels got normal again ...the derm asked me if i want to go back on it but i refused due to hearing about some scary horror story about the drug and due to me loosing facial hair once( which i think was a part my faut becuz i over washed my face that day)

so i stopped accutane half way and decided to try the diet thing ....and it worked great for 4 months after that (or i think it did) ...but from no where this month after consuming sugar on regular bases .. i broke out bad and despite going back to my old diet i kept breaking out ....so i decided i cant stay like this ....the stress was killing me and this diet alltough now it helps keep the bad breakouts away it made loose tons of weight and cant work on the long run .....so i did it again ...i went back on accutane

round 2 of accutane ....scary and dark future

so i went to a new derm and asked him for accutane ....he agreed but he said i'll have to go on 30 mg for a month and 40 mg on the other months ....but i refused ...because my test results were high on 20 mg and i dont think my body can handle 30 or 40 mg ....so im going to a new derm tomorow ...i allready started taking 20 mg every other day 5 days a go becuz i had an old box from my previous course ....now i just need the new derm approavel to make things official ...cuz there is no way im going on 30 mg

1 week (20 mg every other day)

so far im in day 6 ....took 3 capsules allready and tonight im taking my fourth

Side effects

a little dry face especially when i wake up ....dry forehead which causing a few lines to appear but nothing major

hair get dry again ...in the plus sde it seemed that my SD that started after stopping accutane last time has gone now ...i think i read somewhere that acuttane help with SD

acne side

i did breakout the last few days ...but im not sure its the IB or just becuz im super stressed with going on this drug again and fearing for hair loss and also having an important test in a month and other problems ....yeh right now im in a living hell ...i think about killing myself at least 3 times a day ....yeh not a good thing when you're going on accutane but i dont think i 'll actually do it

it just the huge stress i been on it for that last couple months

anyway i guess that it for now ...oh and by the way ....my acne is kinda mild at the moment ....hope i dont have a bad IB ...i dont think i had one last course .

thanks for reading and sorry for my english and wish me luck

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/03/2015 1:04 pm

update 1 (day 7)

so this is day 7 since i started accutane ....today i finally managed to do my blood works ....everything is good so far ...i visited my new old derm lol....he perscribed 2 boxes of accutane 10 mg .....that'll be taking for the next 60 days ....so from now on im on 10 mg per day instead of 20 mg every other day

acne updates

i think im having the intial breakout ...its just couple pimples but one of them really hurts and i dont usally got thoes unless i ate tons of sugar ...so im thinking its some sort of an intial breakout ....im feeling really sad right now .....i hope my face gets better soon

side effects

im having a little dry face....especially in the forhead ....also im noticing some lines on my forhead ...not so bad and they get better when i put ''biafine '' on them (hope it doesnt gloc pores ....the derm percribed it for me

in the bright side ....my SD is gone ...since accutane stops the oil ....it really helped stopping the SD in my scalp and hands .....i wonder how come my SD get worse when i stoped accutane last time but now its better ....its like NO accutane = worse SD than before .....but with accutane = No SD

finally the doctor said if my ALT and AST enzym levels got high like last time but in this dose ....we may have to stop the treatment ...i hope not

....okay that is for week1 ....will keep you updated next week ....its going to be a long journey ...my derm said i might have to stay on it for over a year ...wish me luck

MemberMember
(@kwrhl)

Posted : 03/06/2015 7:11 am

What is SD are you talking about? I'm on my 3rd week. The first 2 weeks i had 10mg a day, now i'm on 20mg a day. I go to derm every two weeks, What about you?? What is your face routine?

Best of luck to both of us! Stay strong!! We will achieve clear skin!!!!! :~)

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/06/2015 8:41 am

What is SD are you talking about? I'm on my 3rd week. The first 2 weeks i had 10mg a day, now i'm on 20mg a day. I go to derm every two weeks, What about you?? What is your face routine?

SD= is seborrheic dermatitis

basiclly sever dandruff in hair and my hands

it got worse when i stop accutane and better when i get back on it

my face routine is simple ...wash my face 3 times a day( since my face is still a little oily)....and use biafine as a moisterizer

also i avoild bad food for now ....untill accutane start doing his job

MemberMember
(@kwrhl)

Posted : 03/06/2015 8:45 am

SD= is seborrheic dermatitis

basiclly sever dandruff in hair and my hands

it got worse when i stop accutane and better when i get back on it

my face routine is simple ...wash my face 3 times a day( since my face is still a little oily)....and use biafine as a moisterizer

also i avoild bad food for now ....untill accutane start doing his job

I would recommend to wash only 2 times a day (morning and night), overwashing your face will make your acne worst.. it will be more irritated.

Anyway, I use Dan Kern's (acne.org creator) moisturizer and facial wash.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/06/2015 1:53 pm

i know 3 times day maybe be bad and im going to switch to twice a day ...when my face start getting super dry like last time

good luck on ur course man

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/07/2015 8:37 am

DAY 11

so its day 11 on this drug ....im doing 10 mg a day instead of 20 mg EOD which is probabelly the same

the side effects

so far only drier face ...not too dry ...but day 11 in my last course i had dry lips and very dry face ...but not this time ...its weird ...also i find myself very sad sometimes ....and its not just becuz of acne and my stressful life ...but so far the side effect are not bad at all

the acne side

so i been breaking out everyday latelly ....like one small pimple or 2 a day ...could the IB.....since im getting acne in my chess and scalp too ...which i usally dont .....hopefully the breakouts will stop ....becuz its driving me crazy....im serious ...im one step away from killing myself ...im having the worst time of my life and i been trough some shit .....if i stop writing here all the sudden ...its either i killed myself ...or my internet sub run out ....LOL....oh i wish i was kidding :(

anyway....i hope things get better from now on ....i need a miracle

MemberMember
(@oswaldtherabbit)

Posted : 03/08/2015 1:23 pm

Hey there.

I've recently just started on 20mg per day for my acne, and also suffer from seb deem (but on my face). I'm just finishing my first month and seeing my derm tomorrow. So far no improvements but I really hope they come -- for both of us.

I suffer from severe depression from my skin (more deets on my log) so I know how you're feeling. I'm contradicting myself, but stay strong.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/10/2015 3:47 pm

DAY 14

so this is day 14....2 weeks passed since accutane ...i been breaking out everyday ...in mostly small zits (1 or 2 zits a day)

acne side

im having breakouts in places i never had ...like my lower lip and scalp ...and also my chess .....accutane is one strong drug

the side effects

today my face was super dry ...that i only washed my face twice ;...lips were dry too ....i was suprised to see 10 mg do this but i guess that its job

will update later

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/10/2015 5:27 pm

Hey

just wanted to wish u good luck

Im almost in mnth 4 and started on 20mg

I didnt notice a difference in side effects at 40 mg..the biggest issue with side effects i had was VERY dry eyes and that hit me at 60mg

So i tried a compromise and landed at 50 mg (25/25) and i have to say no real difference from 20mf to 50mg for me..this way Ill get done sooner

On low doses like 10/20 mg ideally you would need to be on for a year+ to reach cum dose

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/11/2015 2:10 am

Hey

just wanted to wish u good luck

Im almost in mnth 4 and started on 20mg

I didnt notice a difference in side effects at 40 mg..the biggest issue with side effects i had was VERY dry eyes and that hit me at 60mg

So i tried a compromise and landed at 50 mg (25/25) and i have to say no real difference from 20mf to 50mg for me..this way Ill get done sooner

On low doses like 10/20 mg ideally you would need to be on for a year+ to reach cum dose

GL

kim

good luck to you 2

i wish i am in month 4,,,,cuz thats when i get clear last time

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/13/2015 5:05 pm

day 17

acne side: my face was almost clear yesterday but sadly i broke out again today like always ...it seems im still breaking out 1 or 2 small zit per day

side effect: very dry face that i now wash my face only twice a day (11 hours apart)...dry lips as always ...and that's it

lets hope the breakout stop so my face will get clear for good

PS: im still avoiding bad food untill i feel like accutane is doing its job ....last time it took 3 months ...hopefully it will take less this time

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/15/2015 9:02 am

DAY 19

so it seems im almost at week 3 on accutane (10 mg a day)

acne side: so yesterday my face was 97 percent clear ...like the best it ever were in weeks but sadlly i had stomac problems that im pretty sure is what caused me to have 2 small zits in my chin today which sucks ....they are not very bad but i tough the days of breaking out were behind me ...oh well

side effects: little dry in the lips and my face is not so dry anymore its just perfect ....also i think im loosing my apetite and feeling tired most of the time ...but im not sure its due to accutane ....so far so good

PS: im going to check out on m ALT and AST after couple days ....just to make sure they are staying low this time....lets hope for the best

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:31 pm

DAY 20

so its day 20 now ....almost 3 weeks in ...

acne side: the the 2 zits from yesterday are more inflamed today ...i think they are cysts since they are hard and when i tried to pop them a weird hard puss came out ....i had these zits before and in the same place too ..so i know they'll take a while to heal ....i think the reason they come out is the stomach problems i been having latelly due to eating food that wasnt cooked for an enough time (i was in a hurry).....yesterday i almost vomitted ...but now im feeling super again...hope today's stomach pain dont cause me zits in the next couple days ...since ....small intestin problems= Chin acne ...IMO

side effects : a normal face (dry but not too dry) ...a little dry lips ....feeling tired sometimes but its good

sorry for my english ....guy who ever read this

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/20/2015 12:21 pm

day 24

i it been couple days since i updated this log ....becuz well my face was 98 percent clear ...yes it was great but sadly today i got a new zit ...its not bad at all its kind of flat ...doesnt hurt ...a little bit red with a whitehead in the middle ...it doesnt bother me at all ...and should not take more than couple days to go away

acne side: like i said ...i have one small new zit that doesnt hurt at the moment ...and could be due to either my stomac problems ...or me having a wet dream couple days a go ....or just an external factor like sleeping on my cheek or dirt ....idk

Side efects : very dry face latelly that i need to put moisterize or else my face will flake ....maybe feeling a little tired than usual but its okay

PS: i did a new test for my liver enzym and so far ...both alt and ast levels are fine (alt= 20 ast= 28)....so far soo good ...hope they continue being this low ...hate to stop the treatment

asking a favor : before starting accutane my ast= 22 but now 3weeks later ...its ast= 28 ....is that normal ...should i worry that it may go ever higher in the months to come .....thanks :)

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/31/2015 7:50 am

day 35

hello everyone ...sorry i didnt update in a while ...to be honest i didnt want to ...you see couple days after my last post ...my face got clear like 99 percent clear ...and it stayed like that for an entire week ....you would think that weeks would been awesome but no ....as my face got clear i noticed that i was angry all the time ....like if someone talk to me or hell even if i droped a pencil i got really angry ...it was super weird ...i could focus on my study for the exams....cuz i got angry very fast ....it was not cool ....my face was clear but my mind was not ....and suddenly that feeling was gone ....i was back normal again but not withount a cost ...yeah if you have guessed ...i broke out again ....and im still breaking out every day ....now im back to clear in the mind and not clear in the face ...im wondering if this was just a coinsidence ...or is the price to be clear ...is to loose my mind ...oh well

Acne update :i have new breakouts everyday now ....mostly small and some are not ....it sucks

side effects : well for now ...the anger has gone ...im pretty much normal again ...if you consider how i was normal ...still have dry face and little dry lips but that it

i have an exam next week ....(med school) ....wish me luck

MemberMember
(@luckyboy89)

Posted : 08/16/2015 12:44 pm

So how is it going?? Are you finish with Accutane?? Hows your skin compare to before?