Notifications
Clear all

Absorica (Accutane) Log - 27F

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/14/2014 8:06 pm

Recap:

Week One - Face felt really tight, red, dry, oily and uncomfortable

Week Two - Breakouts especially in the chin area, face felt less tight, wasn't as red, and began to dry up

Day 21 (THREE WEEKS!)

- Whiteheads still present, but seem to clear up quickly

- Larger red cysts still present

- Still no change in the blackheads

- When I wake up in the morning my skin is peeling where the breakouts are (which I think means they're drying up and healing?)

- Face is no longer tight or uncomfortable and is WAY less oily, woo hoo!

- Hair is less greasy. Scalp is dry and peeling in a few areas on my hairline. Annoying, but not unbearable. Using Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength before my regular shampoo when I wash my hair and it seems to help.

- Lips are dry, but not terribly so. Using Aquaphor throughout the day.

- Forehead feels a little rough, like it's dry, but doesn't look any dryer than the rest of my skin and isn't breaking out. Weird.

Pictures!

I can definitely see that youre clearing up! My breakouts are slowwwly drying up. I didn't know if this initial breakout was normal. It isn't any worse than my normal breakouts so I'm not complaining. Just feels gross when I have to wash my face and it is bumpy. Yuck!

Also my oil production on my face has significantly decreased. I am basically producing no oil and I am only on Day 14!

I also dealt with some dry scalp as well. It was SO dry that it got really itchy, flaky. (gross) So. I did something that i usually would never do.

My scalp got to a point where it was so uncomfortable that i googled home remedies for dry scalp. I tried the first remedy i saw which consisted of olive oil, banana, and honey. You literally put this mushy mixture into your scalp and rub it, almost massaging it for like 5~10min. And wash it out followed by your routin shampooo and conditioner. And guess what! It helped. My scalp isnt as dry or flaky. I actually went out and bought hair/scalp shea butter masque to help with the dryness. I learned that if the scalp is too dry, hair starts to fall out more easily vs moisterized scalp.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I'm very pleased with the results so far. I feel like I got lucky by not having a horrendous initial breakout too. Although, I have read that it can come a month or two in?! And I'm a little worried that when my dosage is doubled I may experience another eruption. I definitely know what you mean by the bumpy texture of your skin. It's weird because I don't see little bumps all over, but I can feel them.

Glad to hear you're not so oily! That was always one of the most upsetting things about breaking out for me. It's one thing to have blemishes on your face, but another to have blemishes and a face covered in "grease".

Thank for the dry scalp treatment tips! I didn't even think about the dry scalp causing hair to fall out more easily, yikes! I will definitely give that mixture a try. I have all those ingredients already so why not? I'll let you know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/17/2014 3:42 pm

Day 24 - 30mg Absorica

- Noticing more blackheads (or maybe existing ones are just more pronounced?) on each side of my nose. This area feels kind of rough too, as if the blackheads are sticking up like tiny bumps. Hopefully this means they're being pushed out of my skin to be washed away!? The ones on my nose don't feel that way and have remained the same since starting Absorica.

- Skin is starting to peel more making wearing makeup slightly more annoying, because as the skin begins to peel you can see the cracks in the makeup.

- I think I've got about 4 red and painful cysts in the chin/jaw area along with smaller bumps.

- I have small, red, dry patches of skin on my upper forearms and a little area on my hand near the thumb. Scalp is still dry in some areas near my hairline, but the Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength really seems to help.

- Lips are dry, but Aquaphor still does the trick.

Most bothersome side effect at this time - Trying not to peel the skin as it begins to flake on my chin. I did it once and I'm pretty sure I prolonged the healing process of that area and now my skin feels hard (kind of like a scab) right there. Ugh.

Pictures without makeup.

Recap:

Week One - Face felt really tight, red, dry, oily and uncomfortable

Week Two - Breakouts especially in the chin area, face felt less tight, wasn't as red, and began to dry up

Day 21 (THREE WEEKS!)

- Whiteheads still present, but seem to clear up quickly

- Larger red cysts still present

- Still no change in the blackheads

- When I wake up in the morning my skin is peeling where the breakouts are (which I think means they're drying up and healing?)

- Face is no longer tight or uncomfortable and is WAY less oily, woo hoo!

- Hair is less greasy. Scalp is dry and peeling in a few areas on my hairline. Annoying, but not unbearable. Using Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength before my regular shampoo when I wash my hair and it seems to help.

- Lips are dry, but not terribly so. Using Aquaphor throughout the day.

- Forehead feels a little rough, like it's dry, but doesn't look any dryer than the rest of my skin and isn't breaking out. Weird.

Pictures!

I can definitely see that youre clearing up! My breakouts are slowwwly drying up. I didn't know if this initial breakout was normal. It isn't any worse than my normal breakouts so I'm not complaining. Just feels gross when I have to wash my face and it is bumpy. Yuck!

Also my oil production on my face has significantly decreased. I am basically producing no oil and I am only on Day 14!

I also dealt with some dry scalp as well. It was SO dry that it got really itchy, flaky. (gross) So. I did something that i usually would never do.

My scalp got to a point where it was so uncomfortable that i googled home remedies for dry scalp. I tried the first remedy i saw which consisted of olive oil, banana, and honey. You literally put this mushy mixture into your scalp and rub it, almost massaging it for like 5~10min. And wash it out followed by your routin shampooo and conditioner. And guess what! It helped. My scalp isnt as dry or flaky. I actually went out and bought hair/scalp shea butter masque to help with the dryness. I learned that if the scalp is too dry, hair starts to fall out more easily vs moisterized scalp.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I'm very pleased with the results so far. I feel like I got lucky by not having a horrendous initial breakout too. Although, I have read that it can come a month or two in?! And I'm a little worried that when my dosage is doubled I may experience another eruption. I definitely know what you mean by the bumpy texture of your skin. It's weird because I don't see little bumps all over, but I can feel them.

Glad to hear you're not so oily! That was always one of the most upsetting things about breaking out for me. It's one thing to have blemishes on your face, but another to have blemishes and a face covered in "grease".

Thank for the dry scalp treatment tips! I didn't even think about the dry scalp causing hair to fall out more easily, yikes! I will definitely give that mixture a try. I have all those ingredients already so why not? I'll let you know how it goes.

Hey there!

So I ended up trying a slightly different hair/scalp mixture over the weekend. I used coconut oil, honey and eggs (so gross). It didn't really seem to do much for my scalp, but my hair was soft and shiny! I think I'll keep playing around with the mixtures, but in the meantime the Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength shampoo really seems to work for my scalp.

Thanks again!

post-430885-0-50243600-1416255905.jpg

post-430885-0-57897800-1416255906.jpg

post-430885-0-33619300-1416255916.jpg

MemberMember
(@catmama)

Posted : 11/17/2014 4:34 pm

Absorica worked amazing for me (check out my log).

Can't wait to see your results!

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/19/2014 12:57 pm

Absorica worked amazing for me (check out my log).

Can't wait to see your results!

Awesome, I will! Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/19/2014 2:06 pm

Day 26 - 30mg Absorica

I'm finally starting to know what it feels like to walk out of the house and not worry my face looks like Kim Kardashian's glazed a** from the shiny "grease" 10 minutes later (HA, sorry, had to). It's a great feeling, I must admit. But wearing makeup is becoming difficult. By the end of the day yesterday I noticed the skin peeling/flaking around my nose/nostrils and chin was causing the makeup to peel, crack and flake. The only time I have ever dealt with this was when I was in Denver one winter. I fear that is the direction my skin is heading. Just ordered Cerave moisturizing cream and facial moisturizing lotion with 30spf off Amazon per other acne.org users' suggestions. My lips still aren't a cause of concern as long as I have some Aquaphor by my side and the dryness on my scalp doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

New breakouts in the chin area are a combination of cysts and white heads. My skin just feels uncomfortable in general. It's rough, bumpy, visibly dry in some areas and the breakouts are red and a bit painful. It also feels a little tighter this week (probably because it's getting dryer).

The little red patches of dryness that were on my hand near my thumb are barely visible now after rubbing lotion and aquaphor in that area throughout the day for the past two days.

My eyes feel tired, are a little red, and water when the wind blows. I'm assuming this is because they're dry. I have a really hard time actually getting the gel tears into my eye so I'm going to get regular drops later today.

All in all, still feeling really good about the way things are going. Just did blood work yesterday in preparation for my appointment on Monday. Slightly annoyed because the holidays are going to cause me to have to miss 5 - 6 doses. Hoping this won't be enough to reverse my progress. Anyone else experience missing doses, or have you talked to your Derm about it with the upcoming holidays?

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/19/2014 5:28 pm

Posting a few Day 26 Pictures because I feel like my breakouts got a little worse, unfortunately. I suppose it can roller coaster like that, though...

post-430885-0-78163700-1416436089.jpg

post-430885-0-02450600-1416436096.jpg

post-430885-0-63939600-1416436102.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 11/25/2014 2:26 pm

Day 31

One month check up with my Derm was yesterday. Blood work was normal and my dosage was increased from 30mg (once a day) to 60mg (30mg twice a day or once a day if I choose). From what I've read it's recommended to divide the dose in two so I've decided to go that route which means I'll actually be on Day 31 tomorrow.

Side effects are still manageable, but I'm slightly nervous because my Derm said that things are going to get much worse. Maybe he's preparing me for the worst? I'm hoping that's the case. He also said that the first month was going to be the worst and I haven't found it to be too miserable.

My chest is a lot more bumpy than it has been and my back and arms feel a little itchy and bumpy, probably because I'm getting so dry.

post-430885-0-97221200-1416943553.jpg

post-430885-0-52813500-1416943560.jpg

post-430885-0-86546600-1416943566.jpg

MemberMember
(@skaims)

Posted : 11/26/2014 4:08 pm

Do moisterize your hands and body! I started getting dry patches that were itchy, especially on my arm. My hands got itchy red bumps on them but moisturizer gets rid of them. Your bumps look less inflamed though! Progress : )

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 12/01/2014 4:00 pm

Do moisterize your hands and body! I started getting dry patches that were itchy, especially on my arm. My hands got itchy red bumps on them but moisturizer gets rid of them. Your bumps look less inflamed though! Progress : )

I've definitely had to step up my moisturizing game. The red patches on my upper arms got (what I would consider) pretty bad last week. Cerave moisturizing cream seems to help the most. I may order a huge tub of it and use that all over!

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 12/01/2014 4:25 pm

DAY 37 60mg Absorica

(6th Day on 60mg, up from 30mg)

Wow, I can't believe it's been 5 weeks!

I seem a bit more red than I have been, but other than that not a whole lot has changed. Still getting white heads that quickly go away when left untouched and larger red cysts, especially on the jawline, that peel. Blackheads on my nose and under my eyes don't look as noticeable, but are definitely still there. Skin and lips are dry so I'm making sure I stay moisturized and hydrated.

The red spots/scarring are the most annoying thing to me right now. I feel like I'm noticing them more now that there are less new breakouts occurring.

Curious, did anyone notice any big changes after a dosage increase (another IB, ect.)?

post-430885-0-39567400-1417468413.jpg

post-430885-0-17665600-1417468421.jpg

post-430885-0-72864200-1417468433.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 12/09/2014 4:58 pm

Day 45

Quick update -

Black heads on nose and under eyes are completely gone!!

Using Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor for dry lips and skin, which are both manageable.

Chest and back are no longer feeling bumpy, but haven't noticed any changes besides a small pimple on my chest that's been there for about a week.

Larger cysts and breakouts still on chin and jawline.

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 12/28/2014 5:21 pm

Wow your progress is coming along great. Can I ask.. are you on birth control pills? I came off mine a few months ago and my face exploded! Similar to yours.. cysts on the chin area. I am thinking of starting accutane soon as well and staying off the birth control as that's what effed me up in the first place.

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 01/09/2015 7:49 pm

Wow your progress is coming along great. Can I ask.. are you on birth control pills? I came off mine a few months ago and my face exploded! Similar to yours.. cysts on the chin area. I am thinking of starting accutane soon as well and staying off the birth control as that's what effed me up in the first place.

Hi there! Apologies for the delayed response. Traveling and the holidays took hold and I'm just now logging back in. I was on Ortho Tricycline and then Yaz years ago, but due to a blood clot I can no longer take birth control pills. I actually have the Mirena IUD, which I LOVE and recommend to everyone. I know there are some horror stories out there, but aren't there horror stories about everything?! And my experience with Absorica/Accutane has been great so far. I'm about to post an update with pics :)

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 01/09/2015 8:28 pm

DAY 67 - Beginning of Month Three, 60mg Absorica

Unfortunately being out of town for the holidays caused me to get a little behind. My Dermatologist said that missing a week wasn't a big deal, but I was terrified it was going to set me back. I feel like things have kind of come to a standstill lately. My face still gets dry and I'm still using Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor. I still get dry, red patches on my hands sometimes which go away pretty quickly with a little Cerave/Aquaphor combo. Still drinking a ton of water and green tea everyday. My blood work has remained within range. My eyes get a little dry sometimes, but I just pop a couple drops of artificial tears in them and I'm good to go.

I haven't really been getting any new breakouts, but I've had (what appear to be) the same few stubborn cysts on my jawline forever. If I do get a new pimple it seems to come and go within a day or two...as long as I don't mess with it (I've been pretty good about this, but sometimes the urge to pick is greater than my self control).

All in all I'm still having a very positive experience. The oiliness is gone. I went out with friends one night and a few hours later realized that I hadn't panicked over whether or not my face was shiny yet. What an amazing feeling to walk into the bathroom and confirm...no greasy shine! Awesome.

I saw a few people in December who I hadn't seen in a while and they told me that I was "glowing". They didn't know what it was, but something about me was different. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of my skin looking better thanks to Absorica (no more blackheads on my nose/cheeks, no greasy complexion), the fact that I'm consciously keeping myself hydrated, I'm not drinking alcohol (though I did have some drinks over the holidays), and I'm making sure I exercise to stay healthy, but also to make sure my body is in good shape to handle this medication. I guess you could say that taking Absorica/Accutane is pushing me to become healthier over all and it's beginning to show!

And now, some pics...

post-430885-0-72763900-1420852235.jpg

post-430885-0-01244500-1420852245.jpg

post-430885-0-11150000-1420852252.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 01/29/2015 2:19 pm

End of Month 3 - Appointment later this afternoon

60mg of Absorica for the past 2 months (first month was 30mg)

WOW. Looking back on my pictures I can do nothing but SMILE! I'm still not done with this journey, but I have come so far. There have been some ups and downs, but overall I am so glad I chose to go on Absorica.

My side effects have been minimal and bearable - dry lips, dry skin, dry eyes, dry nose, dry scalp, eczema on hands that comes and goes.

Using Cerave Moisturizing Cream and Aquaphor (on my lips and up my nose), drinking a TON of water and green tea daily, getting plenty of rest, but also exercising (primarily yoga and hiking but some gym time as well). I think connecting your mind and body, finding that balance, is super important during this process. It's stressful, physically and emotionally, for many reasons. The time sure does fly, though!

Two more months to go...

post-430885-0-80131200-1422558818.jpg

post-430885-0-24686900-1422558825.jpg

post-430885-0-29463100-1422558831.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 01/30/2015 12:48 pm

Quick Update - Yesterday's Appointment

So a few things happened...

- My Dermatologist said I needed to continue treatment for three more months, rather than two (bummer, but okay)

- I had to switch to Claravis b/c of my insurance plan...long story short, I have a high deductible health plan and since the year just started over I have to pay full price for prescriptions which goes toward my deductible. The full price was almost $800 for one month (and now I'm looking at 3 more months)! Luckily I have THE BEST dermatologist and they found this prescription discount program that cut the cost in half. I'm still not happy about paying $400/month, but stopping treatment at this point is not an option.

So now this is my Claravis Journey, lol. Still staying on 60mg (30mg twice a day). My Derm says that I won't even notice that I'm taking a different brand, and I hope that's true! Anyone heard anything about switching half way through?

MemberMember
(@casey87)

Posted : 02/02/2015 2:58 am

wow....sorry about the expensive payments....i pray that you will be able to meet all your needs and still finish the course....it sux you have to pay for clear skin, when most people don't think twice about it. i've been fortunate with not having to pay anything out of pocket yet....

what did you notice different in side effects when you change dosage to twice a day ?

i hope it all works out for you and that claravis is no worse but even better for you

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 02/02/2015 3:32 pm

wow....sorry about the expensive payments....i pray that you will be able to meet all your needs and still finish the course....it sux you have to pay for clear skin, when most people don't think twice about it. i've been fortunate with not having to pay anything out of pocket yet....

what did you notice different in side effects when you change dosage to twice a day ?

i hope it all works out for you and that claravis is no worse but even better for you

Thanks Casey! At the end of the day I know that it will be worth it.

When I switched to 30mg twice a day I got MUCH dryer. If I don't moisturize my skin (especially in the chin area) it gets really flaky. Other than that, I didn't notice anything else. I was concerned about breaking out more, but that's pretty much stayed the same throughout. Lately it's been a stubborn cyst or two and a few little guys around the chin area that typically go away within 1 - 2 days.

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 02/11/2015 12:59 pm

DAY 99

60mg (30mg twice a day)

Nothing new to report, except that pesky rash on my hands hasn't shown up in a while. I don't think I've been doing anything differently, but maybe I've been moisturizing more than I was a couple weeks ago?

Everything else has stayed the same...

- Dry, chapped lips - manageable with Aquaphor

- Dry skin that sometimes peels - manageable with Cerave Moisturizing Cream

- Dry nose - manageable with Aquaphor (just put it up there with a Q Tip, you won't regret it)

- Occasional dry eyes - manageable with liquid tears (I find that Visine tends to sting a bit)

I continue to drink tons of water and green tea throughout the day and maintain a healthy diet. I'm trying to watch my diet a little more this month since my cholesterol levels were a little high (normal is up to 200 and I was at 205). It wasn't a lot, but I don't want it to get any higher.

Pictures below...

In addition to what you see here, I also get a few tiny whiteheads that pop up and go away within a day or two. I don't really have any large cysts, but the red ones you see here (although not enormous) run deep and have been there for a while. Blah, hate those ones! Still not super oily, though :)

post-430885-0-91510800-1423677043.jpg

post-430885-0-87763300-1423677047.jpg

post-430885-0-55781100-1423677055.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 03/10/2015 12:32 pm

Beginning MONTH 5!!

Had a cyst on my jawline injected with cortisone at my last appointment, but other than that have had NO new breakouts for about a week now. My Derm says that if I do get another flare up I'll definitely do a sixth month, otherwise I might be done in a few weeks.

Other than the red spots my skin is smooth and clear. So happy :)

For anyone having a tough time and considering quitting, DON'T! It is so worth it (unless you're having terrible side effects I suppose). But wow. I already have makeup on or I'd post some pics. I'll post some later or tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/10/2015 12:51 pm

AWESOME!

Im having a bit of an issue with patience..Ill be 4 mnth on the 17th and not as clear as I hoped

are u just using a gentle cleanser and cerave (tub)?

GL

kim

MemberMember
(@sherri1225)

Posted : 03/11/2015 11:09 am

Love looking through your log to see what I might be encountering soon. (only on 2nd pill) Very encouraging.

Did you have any head fuzziness issues at all? I fear it will make it hard to exercise.

And is there a body lotion you recommend?

Thanks and good luck!

MemberMember
(@ambermo)

Posted : 03/11/2015 2:48 pm

On 3/10/2015 at 11:51 PM, kimber607 said:

AWESOME!

Im having a bit of an issue with patience..Ill be 4 mnth on the 17th and not as clear as I hoped

GL

kim

Hi Kim! I felt the same way! Keep hangin' in there. The fourth month seems to have been my "magic month". Up until then it was a bit of a roller coaster. What dosage have you been on?

I'm using Avene Thermale Selectoise Emollient cleansing gel. I got it at my Dermatologist's office, but wish I had ordered it on Amazon because it's cheaper...go figure! https://www.amazon.com/Avene-Thermale-Selectoise-Emolient-Cleansing/dp/B003CJHZKY/

And yes, I absolutely love the Cerave Moisturizing Cream (for face and/or body). I also use a Hydrating Gel on top of the moisturizer that I got from my Dermatologist. If you scroll down it's the one called The Hydrating Gel for $40 (in the second to the last row) - http://www.dermsurgery.net/products.html

On 3/11/2015 at 10:09 PM, Sherri1225 said:

Love looking through your log to see what I might be encountering soon. (only on 2nd pill) Very encouraging.

Did you have any head fuzziness issues at all? I fear it will make it hard to exercise.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Sherri!

So glad to hear that. I hope my progress will inspire you to stay positive throughout your treatment. Like I mentioned in my last comment, it has been a roller coaster. I've continued to exercise, hike, do yoga, ect. without any problems. My Derm did mention to keep the exercise light because of how this medicine can affect your joints, but I haven't noticed any joint soreness/problems. It could be because I'm not doing anything super strenuous like Crossfit or running 5 miles a day. I think you just have to wait and see how your body responds and be open to changing up your routine accordingly. And it's definitely important to stay hydrated when you're doing any of these activities.

I don't think I've noticed any head fuzziness or trouble concentrating, but maybe I've just learned to deal with it? Haha, if anything it hasn't been major enough for me to take notice or be concerned.

I've been using the Cerave Moisturizing Cream on my face and on my arms occasionally when I get red, dry patches on my upper arms and on the tops of my hands. It really makes that stuff go away quickly. Other than that I've been using the Cerave Moisturizing Lotion on the rest of my body. And I'm sure you've read this a million times, but Aquaphor will be your best friend. My nose became really dry about a month ago and I've been putting it up my nose and continuing to use it on my lips. You can also mix a little bit of it in with your moisturizer if you get red, dry patches or if your face becomes really dry. I had to do that a few times.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!!

WOW. I'm so happy to be starting Month 5 with NO breakouts Now if only these red spots would hurry up and fade...

Hope you're all well and feeling positive!

post-430885-0-88902000-1426103045.jpg

post-430885-0-51488400-1426103051.jpg

post-430885-0-80246300-1426103056.jpg

MemberMember
(@brigar91)

Posted : 03/11/2015 3:23 pm

I really like your post & all the picture updates really show all the great progress you've been making!

I'm into my third month right now, 80 mg a day. I'm hoping I don't get a big break out soon. :/

I get those big cysts on my jawline like you mentioned you had earlier & was wondering if you had any advise to make them go away faster?

BEST OF LUCK YOU'RE ALMOST TO THE FINISH LINE!

ambermo liked
MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/11/2015 7:24 pm

On 3/12/2015 at 1:48 AM, ambermo said:
On 3/10/2015 at 11:51 PM, kimber607 said:

AWESOME!

GL

kim

Hi Kim! I felt the same way! Keep hangin' in there. The fourth month seems to have been my "magic month". Up until then it was a bit of a roller coaster. What dosage have you been on?

I'm using Avene Thermale Selectoise Emollient cleansing gel. I got it at my Dermatologist's office, but wish I had ordered it on Amazon because it's cheaper...go figure! https://www.amazon.com/Avene-Thermale-Selectoise-Emolient-Cleansing/dp/B003CJHZKY/

And yes, I absolutely love the Cerave Moisturizing Cream (for face and/or body). I also use a Hydrating Gel on top of the moisturizer that I got from my Dermatologist. If you scroll down it's the one called The Hydrating Gel for $40 (in the second to the last row) - http://www.dermsurgery.net/products.html

On 3/11/2015 at 10:09 PM, Sherri1225 said:

>Love looking through your log to see what I might be encountering soon. (only on 2nd pill) Very encouraging.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Sherri!

So glad to hear that. I hope my progress will inspire you to stay positive throughout your treatment. Like I mentioned in my last comment, it has been a roller coaster. I've continued to exercise, hike, do yoga, ect. without any problems. My Derm did mention to keep the exercise light because of how this medicine can affect your joints, but I haven't noticed any joint soreness/problems. It could be because I'm not doing anything super strenuous like Crossfit or running 5 miles a day. I think you just have to wait and see how your body responds and be open to changing up your routine accordingly. And it's definitely important to stay hydrated when you're doing any of these activities.

I don't think I've noticed any head fuzziness or trouble concentrating, but maybe I've just learned to deal with it? Haha, if anything it hasn't been major enough for me to take notice or be concerned.

I've been using the Cerave Moisturizing Cream on my face and on my arms occasionally when I get red, dry patches on my upper arms and on the tops of my hands. It really makes that stuff go away quickly. Other than that I've been using the Cerave Moisturizing Lotion on the rest of my body. And I'm sure you've read this a million times, but Aquaphor will be your best friend. My nose became really dry about a month ago and I've been putting it up my nose and continuing to use it on my lips. You can also mix a little bit of it in with your moisturizer if you get red, dry patches or if your face becomes really dry. I had to do that a few times.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!!

WOW. I'm so happy to be starting Month 5 with NO breakouts Now if only these red spots would hurry up and fade...

Hope you're all well and feeling positive!

Sorry for all the questions but its cerave in the tub correct?

My Dr gave me NO guidance at all..and products I have been on my own

Never able to use/tolerate moisturizer in the past so its been tough

I took about 30mg first mnth (actually 2 weeks at 20mg than bumped to 40mg)

40mg 2nd mnth

60mg 3rd mnth

50mg 4th mnth as I have been having bad eye troubles...but i was throwing in a 75mg here and there

Thanks, kim