Notifications
Clear all

Sun + Accutane=? What To Do

MemberMember
(@samlynn7)

Posted : 04/28/2014 7:23 pm

I'm not sure if this has already been answered. . .

I'm on my 6th and (hopefully) last month of accutane. I'm going on a cruise to Bermuda in three weeks (one week before I'm supposed to stop my cycle). I cannot postpone the trip as most blogs I've read recommend. Obviously, I'm not going to be laying in the sun as I hoped to be but I don't want to be a hermit either. Does anyone have any recommendations on sunblock or the like to prevent me from being miserable from a burn or from sucking the fun from this vacation?!

MemberMember
(@peaches28)

Posted : 04/29/2014 3:29 pm

Hi there

I just spent a few days in the hot sunny shine of Marbella. My advice is lots of long floaty dresses a big hat and factor 50 all over and reapply.mi was able to enjoy my break without feeling to much of a vampire hiding from the sunshine. The big hat is key my doctor told me for every inch of a brim it's worth factor 10 so if you have a big brimmed hat and factor 50 or higher you should be good. Also don't stress too much enjoy yourself and if you feel like your getting too much sun cover up or take a wee break in the shade.

Peaches x