Notifications
Clear all

New Member Accutane 2Nd Round 16 Yo Male

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 04/16/2014 1:59 am

Ok guys hi! I am completely new here! i literally just made this account like a few minutes ago lol! Anyways first of all, my profile pic is not me and I am a MALE got it? Ok well, I started to go on Accutane when I was 14 years old because I had bad severe acne. To make a long story short, Accutane worked GREAT for me in the 6 month course. However, my acne started to comeback 5 months ago and here I am at my just finished first day of second round of accutane. My acne isn't that bad (mild-light moderate) but it's very persistant and so I wanted to get rid of it once and for all, hopefully this time it's gone for good... Anyways, my skin was acne free for 6 months but unfortunately my acne came back when those 6 months were done. My acne is MUCH better now than before I took accutane the first time but it's still uncontrollable and now I'm excited to go on my SECOND and hopefully last course. I am typing this fast so sorry if there's some mistakes. :/ Anyways to make a long story short, I am planning to update every 5 or 10 days so here we go! If you have any questions or comments, please let me know, thank you! Weight: 127 Height: 5'8 (I don't know if that's needed but here you go!)

P.S., I did NOT get an IB the first time I went on accutane BUT, that's because I took prednisone at the same time to not get the ib.

Accutane/Amnesteem Round 2 (Second Course) 20mg TWICE A DAY

DAY 1. I think I got a few more pimples but still not sure... As of now I have mild-light moderate acne. I have a feeling that my ib won't be too bad but I am prepared for the worst... :( I hope this is the begininng of something special... Also, slight dizzyness....

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:34 am

good luck with everything! I finished accutane in october after a long 8 months on the meds. I still breakout a bit- its actually mostly in the crevis of my nose- if I'm describing the place right. I struggle with rosacea- so my original reason for accutane was to get rid of my mild acne so i was able to treat my rosacea properly because t was such a struggle using topicals for acne- it just in turn made my rosacea flair! So yeah. .... anyways good luck!!! !

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 04/16/2014 4:44 pm

good luck with everything! I finished accutane in october after a long 8 months on the meds. I still breakout a bit- its actually mostly in the crevis of my nose- if I'm describing the place right. I struggle with rosacea- so my original reason for accutane was to get rid of my mild acne so i was able to treat my rosacea properly because t was such a struggle using topicals for acne- it just in turn made my rosacea flair! So yeah. .... anyways good luck!!! !

Hey thanks for the good luck! :) Dang, I'm sorry you had to go through that. :( Hey I'm sure it's all better now though! :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 04/19/2014 8:01 pm

DAY 5: I have slightly more acne, so far, my IB has been pretty light. Yesterday I felt very angry for no reason, today, I feel a little sad... :( I definitely feel uglier right now because my skin is in between dry and oily and it just makes my features on my face look bad. :( My eyes look bigger, my skin color looks uneven, blah, I just don't like how I look right now. :( So far no improvement but, I know it'll get better eventually. :) The first time I took accutane I looked good by the third month. Hopefully the same thing happens this time. Ugh, some bad news is that I have to go back to school on Monday because my break's about to be over. :( I don't mind school that much but I just wish I could sleep for months until this is all over. :( Anyways, update you all in 5-10 days! :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 04/26/2014 2:06 pm

DAY 12: Ugh, I was about to wake up happy today saying I look much better but NOO, I get another stupid break out. :( Well around day 7 or 8, my skin started to look really good! Buy then 4-5 days later which is today, my skin decided to look worse again. :( I feel exactly like I did on day 5 today, I just hope this on and off IB goes away soon. Now realistically speaking this breakout isn't too terrible but it's the worst one I've had on this 2nd course of Accutane. Anyways, just like day 5 I look bad today, skins in between dry and oily, and my features look bad. Also, today I had my first nosebleed in my life, this is a symptom that did not occur on my first course of Accutane. :( As for the depression, I feel happy except for the days I look bad like today. I just hope I at least look a little better on Monday. :/ Well guys, update you all some other day, hopefully by next post my IB has ended. :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 04/27/2014 6:30 pm

DAY 13: I know I said I was gonna update you 5-10 days from yesterday but I am bored so I'll update you today. Today I have even MORE acne. Where I'm getting it the most is in my mouth/chin area and in my forehead. :( Luckily I've had long bangs since 6th grade so I get to cover all that shit in my forehead lol. Anyways, I am not happy with this and hopefully my IB ends this week. I was just starting to get confident and then this bullshit happens. :( I think I am gonna start to use a little bit of makeup, I don't care if it's "gay", I am gonna use it to make me feel better about myself. Anyways, now for real, I'll update you all in 5-10 days.

Side Effects:

Dryer Skin

Dryer Lips

Dry Eyes (2nd worst side effect)

More ACNE IB (WORST SIDE EFFECT GRR)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 05/03/2014 11:49 pm

DAY 19: Ok here's the deal:

Good News: -I think the IB is over, I am pretty sure that was the worst all of a sudden acne breakout I am going to get this 2nd course because it was just really too bad to be a normal breakout.

-A lot of marks are already starting to look better (fading away)

-My eyes feel less dry.

-New acne goes away fast

-No new nosebleeds although my nose is still kinda dry sometimes.

Ok now the bad news:

-Still getting acne although MUCH less than before, it still sucks though.

-Some days my face is really red and makes me look ugly as hell like today. :P (P.S., I've noticed I usually look really ugly on the weekends lol)

-Obviously I still have dry skin and lips, although there are days where it's kinda extreme.

-Some marks look more noticeable since my face is sometimes red as hell as I mentioned earlier.

So in conclusion, I am still waiting until the day I can finally say it's over, I can't wait until this is all over, but before then, I can't wait until I stop getting acne, that alone will be a huge step forward in this treatment. :) I also feel much better overall, but I know I can feel even better. Hope you all have a nice day if you're reading this and update you all in 5-10 days.

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 05/18/2014 8:14 pm

DAY 33: Alright, I'll get straight to it: SECOND MONTH DAY 3, DAY 33 OVERALL

OH WAIT, before I get into it, let me tell you that my dosage is different now, I AM NOW TAKING 30MG TWICE A DAY. (SAME HEIGHT SAME WEIGHT)

This is the max I'll have for the remainder of the course since my acne is not severe and also that's all my weight can handle.

Good News:

-The IB is definitely gone by now since like 3 weeks ago :)

-I am barely getting any acne, in fact, I don't think I'm getting ANY acne anymore! :)

-Some marks are fading, some have almost completely faded :)

-If do get acne (which I haven't in a few days) it goes away FAST (and it's small, USUALLY)

-No new nosebleeds

Ok, now for the BAD NEWS:

-Some days my face is really red and makes me look ugly as hell like, today. (P.S., I've noticed I usually look really ugly on the weekends lol) (Same as last time lol)

-Obviously I still have dry skin and lips, although there are days where it's kinda extreme.

-Some marks look more noticeable since my face is sometimes red as hell as I mentioned earlier.

-BACK PAIN ARGH

-DRY EYES DANG

-DRY NOSE

I think that about sums it up. I think the worst side effect for me is the red and dry face. :( Luckily I use a cream that makes me look better every morning but it doesn't always work well. :/ I really CAN'T wait until this crap is all over. Update you all whenever I feel like it or something really good or bad happens (hopefully not the latter). In conclusion, I feel better about myself than last time but I know I can LOOK and FEEL WAY BETTER THAN I DO NOW. Sigh, I guess all I can do is wait and hope time goes fast. :/

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 06/02/2014 9:47 pm

DAY 48: Second month day 18, day 48 overall.

STILL 30MG 2ce a DAY

GOOD NEWS:

Less acne (when i do get acne it's a small amount and the postules are small and go away fast)

Some marks are fading, some have almost completely faded :) (Each time i update i have less marks)

I'm pretty sure the IB is FAR GONE BY NOW.

BEST NEWS: MY SKIN IS NOW LESS RED! I AM STARTING TO LOOK BETTER! :D I STILL HAVE ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT BUT OVERALL, MUCH BETTER! FINALLY! :)

BAD NEWS:

Obviously I still have dry skin and lips, although there are days where it's kinda extreme.

Even though my skin looks much better, without moisturizer, I look red and horrible. Luckily I put on moisturizer everyday.

-BACK PAIN ARGH

-DRY EYES DANG

-DRY NOSE :(

In conclusion, I am predicting a huge improvement by the end of the third month. I am now mid second month and I am finally starting to see results. Also, each time I get less and less acne. I can't wait til it's all over. I still gotta work in my confidence, but I'm doing a little better now! :) Update you all, when I update you all! :D

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 06/09/2014 10:53 pm

Day 55:

Unfortunately I don't really have good news. I'm still breaking out (with small pimples and not too many but I STILL AM D: ) and today I got a bunch of little pimples around my left eye... -_- Seriously? Why is it that every time I break out I break out in embarrassing places? Also I still got this week and another week of school left so yeah, I kinda do care about how I look right now :/. They're not too noticeable but they're still bothering me. Hopefully they go away soon. I think that the reason why I got them is because I've been putting on moisturizer around my eyes. Well apparently, you're not supposed to do that. Well, THAT would've been nice to know BEFORE I put it around my eyes! -_- SMH. Anyways, my skin is still having good days and bad days. And today was a bad day (uneven skin color and a breakout around my left EYE). Well, other than what I just wrote, the good news and bad news is still the same thing from last time. Update you all, when I update you all. :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 08/18/2014 12:16 am

DAY 124: I'm sorry it's been soo long guys but that's because nothing interesting has happened until now... My skin now looks much better now and even though I still have bad and good skin days, I now for the most part, have good skin days. :) I still get a pimple here and there (surprisingly) but it's nothing. Also, my hyperpigmentation looks a LOT better now then it did the last time I updated. :D As for the bad news well, sometimes I have pretty dry skin, eyes, and lips. And there are days where my face still looks kinda red. Overall though, I'm doing much better! :D

BUT HERE'S THE TRULY BAD NEWS...

Around 2 weeks ago, I had to get a blood test to see if I could get another month of Accutane and to make a long story short, the nurse who took out some blood said that my blood pressure is rising or something like that... :( In other words, I am going to take another blood test (tomorrow) to see if I can still take isotretnoin or not... :( So I will update you tomorrow and if anybody's reading this, wish me luck lol! :/

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 08/18/2014 1:35 am

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mitchell1995)

Posted : 08/18/2014 2:33 pm

Good luck

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 08/18/2014 8:11 pm

Yay! Two people wished me luck! I thought nobody read my accutane progress log lol. Thanks to both of you and now back to the update... Day 125: Ok so I got another blood test today and well, I'm a little confused how this works... I'm not sure if the place I go to for Isotretnoin will call me tomorrow to let me know my results or, if they'll only call me to let me know IF something's wrong... I think it's the latter. So, I'll update you guys when I receive a update on my blood test results (if I ever do), or when I start my next month of Isotretnoin in 2 weeks (hopefully I'll update you for the latter...).

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 08/22/2014 11:30 pm

DAY 129: Well, I didn't get a call so I'm assuming that I can continue with accutane. :) Anyways, two days ago I was hanging out with a friend and I forgot to put sunscreen on (I also didn't put on sunscreen because the sun was pretty light...) and I got a redface (mini sunburn). Luckily, I think that my face is 90% recoverd, I think that by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I'll be 100% good again. Well, I learned a lesson, ALWAYS put sunscreen even if the sun is weak out. One bad news is that a small cyst appeared out of no where on the bottom side of my right cheek and while it's not too noticeable, it's still demotivating that one appeared after rarely getting any acne at all for the past 3 months... I put BP 5% and it really helped, today I will drink a pill of ibuprofen to see if that helps even more. And just like always, sometimes my face looks kinda red and meh... I can't wait until I'm done with accutane and get my fresh looking skin back! Just like the first time I was on it, the worst part is having red marks/skin grr! But once I'm done, I'll look much better of course (just like last time of course)... I can't wait untill I finish this course 2 months from now, I'm excited for the true results... :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 11/03/2014 2:31 am

Finished Course! :) I don't why I haven't updated but I've been finished with accutane since 2 weeks ago! :) I ended up taking 5 months of accutane instead of the originally planned 6. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the results but most importantly, I really hope that I'll never get acne ever again and if I do I hope it's very light. :/ Unfortunately my skin is still not perfect (duh :/) and I've got some acne scars (both holes and hyperpigmentation, mostly the former). And although the scars aren't too bad and for the most part don't affect who I am, I still want to get rid of them or at least make them even less noticeable sometime soon in the future... Well, looks like one battle is won, but the war is far from over... I might make a new topic sometime that will focus on my acne scarring and if I do I'll let you guys know. And yes, I know I have to wait 6 months before I can get any sort of laser treatment. :/ Anyways to end on a more positive note, this accutane journey was pretty smooth and only the first 2 months were hell. In the end, I guess so far it was worth it. :) Thanks for following me guys and I will update you when I start a new topic! :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/18/2015 6:40 pm

It's been like 3 1/2 months and I just got two small painless CYSTS... My god, my acne has to be some of the most stubborn acne anyone has had... Luckily I only get really small pimples now and not too many but these cysts are pushing it too far... Not fucking cool... I mean it's lot like I have scarring, hyperpigmentation, and other acne to worry about ALREADY... Well, hopefully these cysts are the last ones I'll get for a long time cause if not, I'm afraid I will have to go on MY THIRD COURSE in only 2 YEARS... I hate this fucking disease, I can't believe there isn't a cure... And if there is, they're obviously hiding it so a bunch of businesses don't go out of business... Sorry for this angry rant but I'm just pissed and sad that my war with acne is NOT over... I'll update y'all some day...

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 02/01/2015 5:46 pm

Hey guys! I'm feeling a little more positive and my acne is almost nothing now. :) Altough, I still break out unexpectedly sometimes... Anyways, I have another skin problem now sadly and it would be great if you could help me out with that... Here's the link to my new topic: Thanks guys! :)

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 12/27/2015 4:24 am

It's been over a year  and things have been going pretty good for the most part. :) I am still getting acne but BARELY any. It's really quite a change. :) Unfortunately, not everything's sweet and dandy... Some acne I've gotten has been CYSTIC and some pimples have been INFLAMED. In other words, some acne I've gotten over the last year hasn't been too controllable and small...   BUT, luckily, I usually clear up from those sort of break outs fairly soon after getting them. :) And I can control the small acne I do get sometimes. :D

However, I've decided that I am going to treat my acne again. I have started to go on a acne free diet in hopes that it will actually help. And also, I will soon start a course on either Clindamycin gel and/or doxycycline pills. I'll let you guys know what's up when I know for sure. Well, that's it for now and if anyone's reading this; have a great rest of your day. :D  :P

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 01/26/2016 2:11 am

Acne's doing better now! I haven't had cystic acne since that post thanks to my new regimen; clindamycin phoshate gel 1% and benzoyl peroxide face wash 10%! Those two combined are a killer against acne! Clindamycin is a great spot treater (even against cysts!) and the peroxide is great for preventing, this is why I like these two soo much. Only thing that worries me is that I can't use clindamycin forever, I will become immune to it one day... Well, that's all for now! 🙂

MemberMember
(@coolperson123)

Posted : 02/01/2016 12:54 am

Unfortunately, my acne got worse this week. :( I have one BIG cyst and a bad pimple now. I will wait two weeks and see if I have to take further treatments against acne. If things get worse, I will most likely go on doxy or some other anti biotic. If those don't work, I'll go on my THIRD course of accutane... Let's just hope things get better on their own. :/