Notifications
Clear all

My Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@tmoseback)

Posted : 03/27/2014 4:35 pm

Hey guys! I'm new to this whole site but I thought I'd give it a try! But anyways, I'm a 20 year old female who has suffered with cystic acne for over 7 years. Mainly just on my back, shoulders, arms, back of neck and in my hairline. My face is pretty clear and it's not the problem. I've been going to different dermatologists for 5 years and I've tried everything from over the counter products to pro-active to different kinds of drugs and creams. Anything you can think of! After seeing a new dermatologist, he decided that accutane would be the best route for me. It did take hi 3 months to prescribe it to me though. My acne seems to flare up and then go away. But it always comes back! So I start my first doe of accutane today! I've researched so much about it and I'm a little scared about the side effects but I know I'll be able to stick it out and finish my 4 month dose! I would love to hear about your guys' journey! Also if you have any suggestions from when you took accutane I'd love to hear them! Excited to start this journey with all of you!

Leave any comments below!!