Notifications
Clear all

40Mg Accutane Per Day

MemberMember
(@lastcenturion)

Posted : 03/22/2014 10:23 pm

Hey girl! I was on 10mg for about two weeks and I've been upped to 20mg since then (barely been a week). It's almost been a month and I still have quite oily skin :( My lips and hair aren't all that dry either. I don't think I'm having any side effects but then again it's way too early to tell and since we're on quite a low dosage, I don't think they're going to be a severe :)

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/24/2014 12:17 am

Hey girl! I was on 10mg for about two weeks and I've been upped to 20mg since then (barely been a week). It's almost been a month and I still have quite oily skin My lips and hair aren't all that dry either. I don't think I'm having any side effects but then again it's way too early to tell and since we're on quite a low dosage, I don't think they're going to be a severe

Hello! Haha, at 10 mg I only had dry lips. My derm said it will take a while to kick in. I might have gone past my IB stage, but I am not too sure. Don't want to be too happy about it. I got my IB at 3rd week of 10mg and 1st week of 20mg.

I got pretty nervous when nothing seems to be drying out too. But then, I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

How's your progress?

MemberMember
(@lastcenturion)

Posted : 03/24/2014 9:36 am

I didn't even have dry lips on 10mgs. I always used to wear lip balm beforehand though so maybe it's more of a prevention thing? Haha idk. I think I've just gone through my IB stage, it was terrible, I had massive breakouts around my mouth and jawline but I don't know if it was a hormonal thing or IB :( It was around the 1st week of 20mg tho. Been a week on 20mg and still no dryness.

Do you ever get worried being on such a low dosage won't work/give us more chance of a relapse after we finish our course? :(

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/24/2014 11:44 pm

I didn't even have dry lips on 10mgs. I always used to wear lip balm beforehand though so maybe it's more of a prevention thing? Haha idk. I think I've just gone through my IB stage, it was terrible, I had massive breakouts around my mouth and jawline but I don't know if it was a hormonal thing or IB It was around the 1st week of 20mg tho. Been a week on 20mg and still no dryness.

Do you ever get worried being on such a low dosage won't work/give us more chance of a relapse after we finish our course?

Hello! I had breakouts all around my jawline too, but now it is so much better. I have mild acne and my weight is 45 kg, so I think that's why my dosage is pretty low.. No over- dryness for me too. No oil for me either, I dont have to blot my face at all. However, after more than 12 hrs of makeup, my jawline starts to feel tight.

I had my doubts too about it, but I am not complaining as long as I don't see any pimples. I had my doubts because my acne is mild, and I was afraid it will make my face worse and make it more obvious.

MemberMember
(@march1987)

Posted : 03/25/2014 2:57 am

You should consider blood test, maybe your cholestrol is higher than normal, dryness is the first sign that accutane is working. Before starting tane i gave my test to my derm and he said everything is ok. Btw i took my 21st pill and my super oily face turned into a desert. Waking up with no oil has been biggest achivement of accutane so far.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/25/2014 4:23 am

march1987, on 25 Mar 2014 - 15:49, said:

You should consider blood test, maybe your cholestrol is higher than normal, dryness is the first sign that accutane is working. Before starting tane i gave my test to my derm and he said everything is ok. Btw i took my 21st pill and my super oily face turned into a desert. Waking up with no oil has been biggest achivement of accutane so far.

Hello! Last month I had my monthly checkup, and my cholestrol level is fine...haha. I wake up with no oil too, I don't blot BUT my dryness is manageable, no flaking.

Do you think it is because I am using Cetaphil Lotion. that I am well moisturized?

37 days of accutane

MemberMember
(@march1987)

Posted : 03/25/2014 4:54 am

march1987, on 25 Mar 2014 - 15:49, said:

Hello! Last month I had my monthly checkup, and my cholestrol level is fine...haha. I wake up with no oil too, I don't blot BUT my dryness is manageable, no flaking.

Do you think it is because I am using Cetaphil Lotion. that I am well moisturized?37 days of accutane

It seems youre moisturizing very well, how many times you wash your face? Anyway You should be thankkful, no major dryness or flaking, things that drive me crazy even though i take tane for my super oily face. But its working. Such a relief ha :) waking up with no oil or being out all the day without worrying about damn shining on my face is amazing .

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/26/2014 1:38 am

One active which is drying up on my forehead.

The other three looks red but I think drying up.

Was feeling good about it, because I'm only left w the dark marks.

But saw an old course mate and she just had to ask about my face. The first thing she saw.

:(

Some people are so insensitive, like i want all this happening to me.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/26/2014 9:03 am

38days on accutane

13 days on 20 mg!

I am having 4 pimples on my face. Is that considered ok?

You think I should ask my derm to push it up to 30mg?

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/26/2014 9:12 pm

im still breaking out everywhere.......and im day 37 :(

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/27/2014 1:18 am

On 3/27/2014 at 8:12 AM, rachelll1995 said:

rachelll1995, on 27 Mar 2014 - 10:04, said:

im still breaking out everywhere.......and im day 37

HEYYYYYYYYY YOU

I am not sure how to put down my situation. I have 4 pimples that are drying out and a thousand black marks.

So I am confused myself. Did you go back to your derm?

What type of breakouts are you having? Are you still at 20mg?

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/27/2014 6:04 am

39 days of accutane

1st day of 40mg (have been taking them w erythromycin)

I went to my derm today looking sad and stressed out.

He was nice about it, he was very patient and assured me that my acne will get better.

He said I don't think about it and ignore what the rest says. He adviced me to tell people my skin is under renovation.

Now I think I will get drier, and I'm afraid of another IB :(

Will I?

MemberMember
(@lastcenturion)

Posted : 03/27/2014 10:39 am

Fingers crossed you won't get another IB! I think the side effects will increase a lot from when you were on 30mg. I'm still on 20mg, I don't know if I should stick to 20mg for the rest of the course or ask the dosage to be upped because I am still breaking out all over my face :( I weigh similarly to you, 41kgs, and I don't know if I would go all the way up to 40mg but I really hope the higher dosage works for you!!!

MemberMember
(@rachelll1995)

Posted : 03/27/2014 1:08 pm

im having both cystic and whitehead breakouts :( i think its cuz i have a lot of under the skin bumps that are now coming to surface....it really sucks..i dont know if i should get those cortisone shots....would they leave a dent/scar???

and im on 50 mg now...i have dry eyes and a bigger hand rash since the upgrade...

lets get through this together and not give up <3

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 03/27/2014 4:41 pm

Hello!

Day 128 over here, 40 mg throughout my course.

Just wanted to drop by and say - don't give up! I broke out like crazy until about day 30-40. After that, things got slowly better, but it was slow. I continued to get a couple things a week until around day 80. It was hard, because every time things seemed better - bang - another ouchy one would pop up. Even though I could tell things were improving, every pimple that happened was so frustrating.

Knowing that many people don't clear up until around month 3 or 4, I set a goal of day 100 and decided I wasn't going to stress out about it until then. I found this helped my state of mind a lot. It was also a good prediction, because my acne totally stopped a couple weeks before that, so I was clear on day 100 and super proud.

The red marks are frustrating, but I have noticed that even that is looking quite a bit better in the past few weeks.

So hang in there. It is well worth it.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:46 pm

Hello!

Day 128 over here, 40 mg throughout my course.

Just wanted to drop by and say - don't give up! I broke out like crazy until about day 30-40. After that, things got slowly better, but it was slow. I continued to get a couple things a week until around day 80. It was hard, because every time things seemed better - bang - another ouchy one would pop up. Even though I could tell things were improving, every pimple that happened was so frustrating.

Knowing that many people don't clear up until around month 3 or 4, I set a goal of day 100 and decided I wasn't going to stress out about it until then. I found this helped my state of mind a lot. It was also a good prediction, because my acne totally stopped a couple weeks before that, so I was clear on day 100 and super proud.

The red marks are frustrating, but I have noticed that even that is looking quite a bit better in the past few weeks.

So hang in there. It is well worth it.

Hey thank you :)

I am at my 40th day and 2nd day on 40mg. My derm gave me about 5 more months too for things to be absolutely clear. He showed me pics of others who have recovered.

WOW!! You are clear!!! AHHH Can't wait :)

Looks like I have about 60 more days to go.

I hope so :( I was about to give up this week.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/29/2014 3:08 am

41 days on accutane

3rd day on 40mg

No new actives but I'm not gg to be all excited about it. The last time it took two weeks of clear skin for all the gunk to appear.

Forehead and nose clear.

All the whiteheads and blackheads that appeared weeks ago which made my nose rough are gone. Nose feel smooth and shinier.

But still treating some old spots that have been there since weeks ago. One on my cheek, which has so much pus. Looks inflamed and injured.

One near my chin which I thought was flat but the bump is still there w a hard whitehead. Which means, not clear.

My right jaw are filled w bumps from old spots, still have whiteheads. Just gotta wait for them to dry out.

Lips were dry but after washing my face I exfoliated them and all dried skin came off revealing smooth red lips :)

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/29/2014 6:32 am

Just an update:

My body is getting drier, I can feel it. I am getting itchy bumps, looks like mosquito bites. But I am not too worried.

Just realised by reading accutane users blogs, most will start seeing an improvement on their 2nd month, so I am looking forward to it :)

Reading accutane success stories make me feel happier.

There is still hope!

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/29/2014 7:57 pm

42 days on accutane

4th day on 40mg

No new actives.

Most of the spots on my face have dried up. Face feels rough because of

Increase in the amount of whiteheads purging out of the skin. And the scabbing of old spots.

Right jaw, no new actives but very bumpy from the dried up actives that have not become flat.

Forehead and nose still clear.

Lips very dry.

Face still not very dry.

Not going to jinx anything but only 4th day on 40mg so.. The IB might come soon. Or maybe not? Who knows.

Overall, as long as no actives I'm good.

But I'm not sure if there is a pattern, first two

Weeks of whitehead purging then the huge pimples arrive.

We'll see how it goes

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/30/2014 7:37 pm

43 days on accutane

5th day on 40mg

no new actives, went out the whole day yesterday with make-up on.

Always have a tissue with me to do the touch test, thinking that one pimple would pop out.

But thankfully no.

A lot of whiteheads though, should i get them extracted? They are those small mini hard ones, that I know would be easy to extract. Any thoughts on this? Purging of whiteheads are making my face bumpy ..and rough.

There might be a pattern, like how I started out, purging out whiteheads first, then the mega huge ones. arhhhh not looking forward to that :(

Weird fact: Woke up to a slightly oily face. What is happening?

Body ache like crazy though.

Can't wait to reach the end of two months!

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 03/31/2014 10:35 pm

44 days on accutane

6th day on 40mg

Lips hurt from the dryness, lips look red and swollen. Once I apply Vaseline it is not as painful.

Woke up to a scare, saw a red bump at the side of my mouth.

Not sure what that is, not painful, but the redness is gone. I think it might be a cysts forming.

But other than that no actives.

Whiteheads are forming around my left cheek, that area has always been my weakness.

Right jaw no new actives still, but left with old spots that has dried up but not completely flat.

Seeing my derm end of this month, hoping to see results! And not get an IB.

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 04/01/2014 8:20 pm

45th day on accutane

7th day on 40mg

One active on my eyebrow. Since it is covered, I am not disturbed by it.

Other than that, still clear.

Whiteheads are slowly clearing too. Mostly my whiteheads are beside my mouth area. Anyone knows why?

Right jaw.. slowly clearing, less my bumpy.

I stopped using moisturizer at night, because I keep waking up with an oily face. My face is not dry yet. Only my body, but the dryness is manageable..

So far so good.

Pigmentation all over.. but still feeling positive!

BUT MY LIPS ARE GOING CRAZY! Super DRY

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/01/2014 8:31 pm

Sounds great!

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 04/02/2014 7:42 pm

46th day on accutane

8th day on 40mg

Lips are red and swollen but dry. Anyone has the same problem?

Still no new actives, but I am only 8th day on 40mg. I am not sure if the IB will come soon or not

MemberMember
(@lilypad89)

Posted : 04/02/2014 10:36 pm

Hello accutaners,

does anyone has the same issue as me? My marks are not red, but dark pigmented marks from the old breakouts. How do you make them go away?

Will accutane help to lighten the scars eventually?