Notifications
Clear all

Michael's Accutane Log!

MemberMember
(@mikhailbearman)

Posted : 02/04/2014 6:55 pm

Pre-Accutane 2/2/14

Hey everyone, today I went to my dermatologist and he gave my Accutane info and all for the iPledge thing. Tomorrow morning I am going for blood test and will probably start my prescription by Friday which is Feb. 7. I am a 15 year old male who has had moderate to severe cystic acne on my face for about 7 months or so. I have been on one antibiotic and it didn't work very well, so this was apparently the next step. I probably won't be updating everyday but I'll try my best for the next 5 months. Any questions please ask too.

MemberMember
(@mikhailbearman)

Posted : 02/06/2014 7:09 pm

Day 1 2/6/14

The blood results were great and now I have my prescription! I have the generic called Myorisan and I just took the first pill. My dermatologist gave me some sample moisturizer too. I am now on 40 mg once a day, but my dermatologist told me he would probably increase it to 60 mg after two months. He said i'd be on it for 5 months, but might need to do 6 months if necessary. I'll update again when I start getting the side effects.

MemberMember
(@mikhailbearman)

Posted : 02/10/2014 7:37 pm

Days 5 2/10/14

So far, I have not had any major changes except for a few little things. My face and lips are not dry yet, but my eyes have been watering a lot lately (which is odd because Accutane is supposed to dry you out). As far as a "initial breakout", I have not had any new cyst, but I have noticed a TON of whiteheads all over my face. I have this once pustule in between my eyes and it's so big, it's causing me a headache. Anyways, I have been moisturizing every night and morning to get in the habit of doing it. Also I have been using my chapstick more to get into the habit as well. My dermatologist called today and was a bit urgent and asked me if I was actually taking 40 mg. That was a bit scary, he said that sometimes the pharmacies give the wrong dosage. Today my face was very greasy, a lot more than before I had even started the pill. I will update probably again when I start to get dry or anything else happens.