Notifications
Clear all

Started Accutane Dec1/13

MemberMember
(@chris1971)

Posted : 01/04/2014 9:29 pm

I'm m/42 and have had complicated cystic acne since age 12, and have tried every over the counter, and prescription med out there over the years. My Dr. Suggested that I give Accutane a shot back in Nov. I decided to give it a go, and started on 40mg. Per day Dec. 1, 2013.

Week-1 By day 2, I was breaking out worse than I ever had, and cysts were popping up, and joining with others to make huge ones. It felt like I had an awful sunburn, especially around my hairline. Lips were dry, as I was warned, and my skin was drying out over my entire body.

Week-2 Same as above, and started to feel discouraged as the breakout just seemed to get worse. It seems longer, even though it's only 2 weeks. Sunburn feeling is still bad, and eyes burn so bad, it feels like I can't keep them open at times. Small price to pay if this really works though. No other effects so far.

Week-3 WAIT!!!!!! Things start calming down, and cysts start to fade, and new ones are breaking far easier, and only lasting 2-3 days. Progress! Alas, burning on face, and eyes still present.

Week-4 Starting to feel real results already. No new pimples or cysts forming, and still burning around hairline and eyes. Eyes not burning so much anymore, and skin burning is a lot less severe.

Week-5 Ok... Skin on my face is completely free of ANY pimples at all, and my pores have shrunk. My face has never been this clean. My wife said it looks like I'm wearing makeup, it's such a drastic difference for me. All the other side effects have calmed right down, with the one exception of very dry lips. VERY! LOL

Here's hoping this kind of result keeps up. I can't say how amazed I am thus far with how Accutane is performing. Right now, I'm wishing I had done this 20 years ago.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/10/2014 1:17 am

Whoah, that's some pretty quick results right there! I'm glad things are turning for the better. Keep it up! :)