Notifications
Clear all

17Yo Male,first Time Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 12/30/2013 10:36 pm

So my roaccutane journey begins here. I have hesitated to take this but I though I'll give it a go , sick and tired of myself and trying to treat acne for 4-5 years. So Today 04/12/13 I have gotten my tablets from the pharmacy it's a 2 month dose , If all goes well I will receive another 2 month dose after and my treatment should be done in 4 month since my dose is high "70mg" wasn't so sure about that but I hope I won't get too many side effects and that I can carry on training.

Day 1/122 : Took my first 70mg dose , right now everything still seems to be fine , will take my first pictures the next day , some knee pains occurred but I don't think that has anything to do with the tablets. The pictures should of been without flash >.< It really didnt look as good as the pictures actualyl show , the acne was pretty bad , next time il make sure to take them properly.

post-368614-0-73776300-1388460892.jpg

Day 3/122 : Took my first pictures and took the third dose , feeling dry on the face and getting a little itchy, lips still fine.

Day 26/122: I didnt update for some time because , I didnt feel the need to , I update around every two weeks , skin dried out since then , using good moisturisers , after heavy gym sessions I get dizzy very easily and need a rest for a while otherwise not many symptoms. Got a random cyst on my face and a few smaller pimpes on the neck , not sure about the back but my face has gone much more red , seems to be working.

post-368614-0-73776300-1388460892.jpg

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 12/31/2013 9:53 pm

Forgot to add that I do also get joint pains especially in my knees and elbows , other than that everything listen above, will update with more stuff :)

MemberMember
(@ctb-mom)

Posted : 12/31/2013 10:14 pm

My son, 16, completed his 5 months treatment of accutane 4 months ago. ...it cleared his skin beautifully! Like you, he also complained about joint pain, but he said it wasn't too bad and it went away after he completed his treatment. Below are his before and after pics. Good luck to you :-)

post-368736-0-50791400-1388545964_thumb.

post-368736-0-72814800-1388545979_thumb.

post-368736-0-50791400-1388545964_thumb.

post-368736-0-72814800-1388545979_thumb.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/01/2014 10:18 pm

Awesome ! Hopefully il get anywhere close to those results , soon to be a month 3 months left , skin really red but spots generally are fading away and not many are coming back.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:22 pm

Day 43/122 - I shall add some new pictures soon to compare to the old ones , everything is like it was before I suppose, got some new cysts on my back because of heavy gym workout's is what im thinking , but im not that worried since the back seems to be fading out slowly , my face is geniuenly becoming spot free but with great redness meaning it doesnt look too good but sure is rather smooth , I use a good moisturiser at night and wake up much less redder but then it all comes back with the day moisturiser , Still , have my hopes up , and will soon update with pics !

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/20/2014 7:30 pm

Ahh..to add on to everything I've been getting eczema on my hands and its slowly progressing into worse patches O.o Not liking it .. but I've started using the same moisturiser that I use for my face to moisturise the places , hopefully it will help , I'll see how everything goes , I'll have a visit on the 31st on Jan , my third month starts on 5th of Feb. Take care guys , and lets not loose hope.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne96)

Posted : 01/23/2014 10:55 am

hello im also 17 and have bad acne i would say mine is much worse than yours was and i just wondering i started rocutanne the 1st of jan when do you recon i will start to see results and also what soap of face washing routine did you use, im using simple soap at the moment and simple mostiuriser, reply would be so appreciated!!!

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/23/2014 7:54 pm

Not sure if anyone reads , anyway.. earlier in the week I've gotten some new pimples on my face and not sure about my back since its been pretty bad , cannot keep track of new ones >.< but overall the back seems to be slowly healiing , and the face looks much better than it use to , the first pictures dont do the justice . Anyway , I was wondering anyone past accutane , How did the little deeper scars go , still very visible ? My forehead has been a battleground and is pretty damaged wondering if i'll need a laser treatment.

Anyhow 31st is my visit to the derm. and hopefully receive the second part of the course to the road of clear skin and confidence. :)

Pictures SOOOON promise :D

Day49-50/122.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 01/31/2014 6:33 pm

hello im also 17 and have bad acne i would say mine is much worse than yours was and i just wondering i started rocutanne the 1st of jan when do you recon i will start to see results and also what soap of face washing routine did you use, im using simple soap at the moment and simple mostiuriser, reply would be so appreciated!!!

Alright , well sorry I didnt see this post earlier , I saw results at the end of the 1st month the start was pretty suck-ish , red flaky skin everything dry and some muscle pains , later on it all slowly settled like my log says , Washing , I do what I did no soap or anything on face just water and good moisturiser I use Eucerin its awesome. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 02/27/2014 2:06 pm

Update bro?? :)

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 03/03/2014 6:33 pm

Update bro??

Just about to do it bro , have a read.

MemberMember
(@xfabix)

Posted : 03/03/2014 7:42 pm

Hi guys , its been a long time and i said il post pics and i didnt .. ahh i just dont feel like doing them , but i felt like i needed a new post.. not sure what day it is like 90+ something ? since its 122 days and im a month away from the "finish" which im not liking since i dont think i will be clear by that time and im going to ask my derm to extend my dose for a month.

I know i wont be clear , along with that im getting eczema from dry skin but that can be fixed with a moisturiser i suppose.

I dont see any more results , back seems to stay the same with a few casual new spots and face seems to be ok-ish with no big spots developing jsut some little ones ,scars dont seem to fade and look like a tomato because of redness.. maybe I was expecting too much.

Im not keep on making progress pics , since i dont think my first ones showed what the actual situation was like , they showed it in a much better perspective...

+ I might post what i looked like a year ago before using benzol peroxide if all goes well , disguisting lol

Stay tuned.

MemberMember
(@joy4ever)

Posted : 03/22/2014 4:34 am

Update us when you know if you have extended the course! =)