Notifications
Clear all

Alcohol And Accutane!?

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 12/28/2013 3:18 pm

With New Years coming up in a few days I've started to worry about the whole 'drinking on accutane' situation.

With loads of my friends at one big party, how can I avoid alcohol without telling them the reason why I can't drink it? I feel insecure and never want to tell anyone outside my family about what I'm putting myself through for 6 months so that is out of the question!

I'm half way through my first month in a 6 month course (at 20mg/day) if that helps at all.

Any advice would be great!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/28/2013 3:24 pm

I was thinking about this exact same thing! I'm going to a birthday party tonight, and I know I'm going to be offered alcohol. But I find, most of the time, when you refuse people will just assume you're trying to be healthy or you just don't feel well. If they ask, you can say that your on antibiotics for a sinus infection, if you have to say anything. On New Years at midnight, I was just thinking I could grab a glass of champagne and toast with everyone, but just put it down somewhere without drinking it after the countdown when everyone is hugging and such. I doubt anyone will notice.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 12/28/2013 4:03 pm

Im not telling you to do this but 20mg is a low dose and I almost guarantee youll be fine if you just have a couple drinks. I would just skip taking it that day. Again Im not saying you should but I have drank on a lot higher dose than that and my blood work never changed.

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 12/28/2013 4:57 pm

Haha I will definitely bring some and make it look like I'm drinking it, it'll be easy to avoid it I think. However when we are doing shots/during the countdown, it may be a little harder to avoid!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 12/28/2013 8:57 pm

20 mg is a very low dose, how bad was your acne to start with? just curious, and I agree with the others,at that low dose, one drink ( but keep it to one) will not hurt

MemberMember
(@clearsummer)

Posted : 12/29/2013 5:19 am

My acne was moderate to severe, however 18 days in, it's continuously been getting worse. I may have a tiny bit to drink and try to blag it for the rest.

Thanks guys

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 01/23/2014 6:16 pm

I'm on a high dose in my fifth month of Absorica and I drank just about the entire time, with a week or two break here and there. I'll have a glass of wine or two 1-2 nights a week when I'm not on one of my breaks and about every other weekend I'll go all out and 'party' (binge drink a bit). So far my blood tests for liver enzymes and such have been great. I also accidentally drank a beer or two the night before my recent accutane liver blood test, and my levels turned out fine somehow. Perhaps I have a liver made of steel though.