Notifications
Clear all

Two Years After Accutane

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/17/2013 5:19 pm

Its been two years since I started and ended my treatment of accutane. My version of accutane was called Claravis. Yep, I have a log about it too. This was my second treatment in about 15 years. The first treatment was when I was 15 years old.

I ended my second treatment about 1 1/2 years ago. So far, the results are nothing short of a cure.

I've been essentially cured of acne. I have a few pimples every few months, but nothing that resembled the cysts that scarred my face before accutane.

I can't overstate enough how accutane is the only cure for acne. Nothing else comes anywhere close to it. Sure, some other products may reduce or abate acne as a secondary measure. However, accutane is the only treatment designed to cure the body of acne.

In my life, it took me two courses of accutane, but that is a testament to how vicious and insidious acne is. Acne is rooted deep into the DNA of the human body. So, it takes a vicious and invasive treatment like accutane to cure the body.

I think that my years with acne are finally over.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 12/17/2013 7:36 pm

Thanks for this post. Gives me so much more hope starting Accutane the beginning of February. I am 26 and have suffered for a good 15 years. All of the diets, topicals, antibiotics were just bandaids that gave me false hope and left me in a constant state of worry for when they would fail. I hope that your acne is cured for good and that mine will soon be as well.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/17/2013 8:58 pm

Its been two years since I started and ended my treatment of accutane. My version of accutane was called Claravis. Yep, I have a log about it too. This was my second treatment in about 15 years. The first treatment was when I was 15 years old.

I ended my second treatment about 1 1/2 years ago. So far, the results are nothing short of a cure.

I've been essentially cured of acne. I have a few pimples every few months, but nothing that resembled the cysts that scarred my face before accutane.

I can't overstate enough how accutane is the only cure for acne. Nothing else comes anywhere close to it. Sure, some other products may reduce or abate acne as a secondary measure. However, accutane is the only treatment designed to cure the body of acne.

In my life, it took me two courses of accutane, but that is a testament to how vicious and insidious acne is. Acne is rooted deep into the DNA of the human body. So, it takes a vicious and invasive treatment like accutane to cure the body.

So you don't get cysts...but you still get pimples?

I am glad you are happy with your results, but I would be very frustrated if I was still getting any acne, even "just a few a month." shrug.gif

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/18/2013 3:29 am

So you don't get cysts...but you still get pimples?

I am glad you are happy with your results, but I would be very frustrated if I was still getting any acne, even "just a few a month." shrug.gif

Thanks for the reply.

I used to get this huge under the skin bump acne pimples. I also used to get a whitehead every so often.

Now, every so often, its almost rare, I will get a small minor pimp

Thanks for the reply.

I used to get this huge under the skin bump acne pimples. I also used to get a whitehead every so often.

Now, every so often, it™s almost rare, I will get a small minor pimple around the edge of my face. The specific area is where my face meets my hair. The best way for me to quantify this insignificant pimple is to say that I get a few pimples (1 to 2 pimples) about every 2 months.

To further quantify this "breakout", I would say that these post-accutane pimples represent less than 1% of the magnitude of the breakouts I used to get before accutane.

You are correct, however. When I do get one of these pimples it™s slightly annoying. On the other hand, I now know that these post-accutane pimple(s) will not morph into a huge breakout. Also, I know that these pimple(s) will dissipate within 1-2 days. Before accutane, my pimples would last between 5-7 days and I would have multiple and consecutive pimples. So, I used to go many weeks without clear skin.

le around the edge of my face. The specific area of my is where it meets my hair. The best way for me to quantify this insignificant pimple is to say that I get a a few pimples (1 to 2 pimples) about ever 2 months.

To further quantify this "breakout", I would say that these post-accutane pimples represent less than 1% of the magnititude of the breakouts I used to get before accutane.

You are correct, however. When I do get one of these pimples its slightly annoying. On the other hand, I now know that this pimple will not morph into a huge breakout. Alos, I know that this pimple will usually disappitate

Thanks for this post. Gives me so much more hope starting Accutane the beginning of February. I am 26 and have suffered for a good 15 years. All of the diets, topicals, antibiotics were just bandaids that gave me false hope and left me in a constant state of worry for when they would fail. I hope that your acne is cured for good and that mine will soon be as well.

Now that you are on Accutane, do your best to see your doctor when scheduled. Also, go get your blood work done on time. Fast before you take your blood work. Fasting gives the doctor a better understanding of the potential cholesterol risks associated with your treatment. Comply with your doctor™s advice.

Once on Accutane, take each pill as required. Comply with your doctor™s orders and the rest will work itself out.

The cure™s success rest in your hands.