Notifications
Clear all

25/m - My Last Resort

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 05/13/2013 3:28 pm

I have had acne for 12 years now. I have used proactiv, murad, acne.org regimen, differin, retin a, tazorac, all of the "cycline" antibiotics, zithromax, bactrim, aczone, diets, and supplements. None of these gave me the clearing that I now demand.

At the moment, I am using BP in the morning and Tazorac at night. My acne is not widespread but every single pimple that I do get is an under the skin cyst or nodule that takes weeks to go away and leaves a pitted scar. At the moment, I have 3 deep nodules on my cheeks and forehead. Because of this, my dermatologist has agreed to start me on a 5 month cycle of Accutane starting June 25th. I just got eyelid surgery at the end of April so they want me to go to my 8 week follow up appointment with my eye doctor first to make sure I won't need a revision.

I have started this log now as I am doing a "pre-accutane" routine. In the past, I have used a product from Green Pasture called Blue Ice Royal. It is fermented cod liver oil mixed with high vitamin butter oil. Anyway, it is high in natural vitamin A (the magic accutane ingredient) and has gotten and kept me completely clear for months at a time on separate occasions. My face literally stops producing excess oil and I have no side effects at all. The issue is that I have gotten 2 staph infections on my face when on it and I think it could be related. Maybe I am wrong, but for this reason, I can not use this product long term.

My Pre-Accutane Regimen until June 25th

2.5% BP Mornings

Tazorac .1 at Night

1 TSP of Blue Ice Royal

100MG Doxycycline (to prevent staph infections

I WILL be clear when I start my Accutane course from the fermented cod liver oil. I am hoping that since I will be going into my cycle clear, that I will not have an initial breakout as my pores will already be clear. We will see.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/13/2013 4:33 pm

I have had acne for 12 years now. I have used proactiv, murad, acne.org regimen, differin, retin a, tazorac, all of the "cycline" antibiotics, zithromax, bactrim, aczone, diets, and supplements. None of these gave me the clearing that I now demand.

At the moment, I am using BP in the morning and Tazorac at night. My acne is not widespread but every single pimple that I do get is an under the skin cyst or nodule that takes weeks to go away and leaves a pitted scar. At the moment, I have 3 deep nodules on my cheeks and forehead. Because of this, my dermatologist has agreed to start me on a 5 month cycle of Accutane starting June 25th. I just got eyelid surgery at the end of April so they want me to go to my 8 week follow up appointment with my eye doctor first to make sure I won't need a revision.

I have started this log now as I am doing a "pre-accutane" routine. In the past, I have used a product from Green Pasture called Blue Ice Royal. It is fermented cod liver oil mixed with high vitamin butter oil. Anyway, it is high in natural vitamin A (the magic accutane ingredient) and has gotten and kept me completely clear for months at a time on separate occasions. My face literally stops producing excess oil and I have no side effects at all. The issue is that I have gotten 2 staph infections on my face when on it and I think it could be related. Maybe I am wrong, but for this reason, I can not use this product long term.

2.5% BP Mornings

Tazorac .1 at Night

1 TSP of Blue Ice Royal

I WILL be clear when I start my Accutane course from the fermented cod liver oil. I am hoping that since I will be going into my cycle clear, that I will not have an initial breakout as my pores will already be clear. We will see.

Taking antibiotics prior to accutane should help prevent an inital breakout. Do you get your nodules injected with cortisone so they go away faster? Good luck with the accutane.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 05/13/2013 6:04 pm

2.5% BP Mornings

Tazorac .1 at Night

1 TSP of Blue Ice Royal

Taking antibiotics prior to accutane should help prevent an inital breakout. Do you get your nodules injected with cortisone so they go away faster? Good luck with the accutane.

I have gotten a few of them injected. The issue is my dermatologist many times will tell me they are too busy and booked for me to come in and get it injected. They try to schedule me for an appointment in a month which pisses me off since the cyst will many times be past the point that an injection can help. Also, my last 2 injections left serious atrophy that took a year to fill in.