Notifications
Clear all

Accutane- Please Work

MemberMember
(@primetime828)

Posted : 02/10/2013 9:35 am

So I am now 7 weeks into accutane, so far the results are not even close to what I want. My skin and lips are dry but still plenty of acne. I started at 40mgs a day for 5 weeks and m now on an alternating routine of 40mg then 80mgs. I'm really wondering when the acne will start improving and also how slow the red marks fade.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/10/2013 10:41 am

Hi and welcome to the forums. You're gonna have to be more patient than that. I am in my fourth month and even though i am still breaking out, it is not as bad as it was. 2 months in is not an unusual time frame to not see noticeable improvement. I think a lot of people notice positive changed between 3 and 5 months.

Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@blabla05)

Posted : 02/10/2013 11:58 pm

im into my 3rd month. i just had a massive breakout from changing my dosage from 20mg to 40mg. so many red marks.... :(

we must keep having hope

MemberMember
(@primetime828)

Posted : 02/11/2013 10:45 am

Sascha- I know, I'm just really want to know how my skin is going to look without the acne. Because I'm not sure if I have just red marks or if I have like very red uneven skin.

Blabla- yea I was left with a whole bunch of red marks from being on Retin a, I'm just hoping that the red marks aren't in clusters like i have them.