Notifications
Clear all

Acutane Journel-Clarvis

MemberMember
(@spriorda)

Posted : 01/22/2013 11:10 pm

Hey all,

Im a 19 year old male. Have moderate acne, some cysts and some white heads and blackheads around nose. Got prescribed Clarvis after antibiotics and a healthy diet failed. I'm going to try and record my experience on a daily basis.

Just started Clarvis 30mg morning/30mg at night.

Day 1-

Right now my skin feels really freaking dry and its flaky everywhere which is good. I noticed a lot of the inflamation went down but theirs still a ton of freaking red marks and its annoying. But my skin feels smoother to the touch which is nice. Haven't had the initial breakout and I hope not too.

Will keep you up dated.

Day 2- More dryness everywhere, my back is really red and itchy, makes it uncomfortable lay in bed and try and fall asleep. I have been using some cetaphil lotion but not on my face because im afraid i will break out there.

I have really oily skin so my face is about at the level it should be. Its kind of nice to not have a nose filled with oil. It was so bad I could take a paper towel and rub it on my nose and it would look like the things they wrap hamburgers in at mcdonalds.

Anyways, skin still feels nice and smooth, haven't had any breakouts either yet. The inflamation in zits before i took it two days ago has all subsided.

Will keep updating everyday.

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 01/23/2013 4:06 am

Isotretinoin's effects do not take hold in a mere couple of days- if you're feeling like you have dry, flaky skin now then it's likely to become worse.

Don't be scared to moisturise- acne is caused by faults of the skin itself, not what you put on it- hence acne-free individuals can cake makeup/facepaint/mud etc all over their faces and are fine.

MemberMember
(@spriorda)

Posted : 01/23/2013 6:55 pm

Isotretinoin's effects do not take hold in a mere couple of days- if you're feeling like you have dry, flaky skin now then it's likely to become worse.

Don't be scared to moisturise- acne is caused by faults of the skin itself, not what you put on it- hence acne-free individuals can cake makeup/facepaint/mud etc all over their faces and are fine.

Good point, I just hate that greesy feeling I get from mosturizing my skin mostly because I already have oily skin.

Day 3- Skin looks alright, not really dry just normal I guess. The medicine defintly makes me feel differnt. I have a hard time stomaching food like I used to be able too. My nose is dried up a little bit and not as oily.