Notifications
Clear all

Considering Accutane

MemberMember
(@warz2k4)

Posted : 12/23/2012 12:09 am

Hey guys..so when I was 19 years old, first year in college, i suffered from mild acne....Tazorac .05% done wonders for my face and cleared me up, I only have one box car scar on my cheek and thats it. Currently, what has been bothering me the most is my reoccuring zit here and there, and my oily face with large pores on nose/cheek/T zones. It's so annoying that I went back to my dermatologist and she prescribed me tazorac. I really doubt tazorac will do anything for my pores.

I've been considering microdermabrasion/Fraxel Laser / Levulan laser treatment / and more probably Accutane, to clear everything up.

So far i've been reading on this forum, and I think Accutane will cure it, as my excessively large oil glands are the root cause...

Do you think my dermatologist will give me Accutane just for large pores?

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 12/23/2012 1:04 am

It really depends on your derm. I don't personally think so. There are lots of side effects and risks. I would try microdermabrasion. I tried it in the past and it worked wonders for my pores, just not my acne. Some derms will hVe no problem prescribing it, others will not.