Notifications
Clear all

Claravis Journey Via Skin Of A 30 Yr Old Man

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 12/23/2011 5:11 pm

Better start moisturizing...it's gonna get dryer and you don't want eczema. Isn't it cool how fast your skin starts to look better? Mine did the same thing.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/24/2011 3:40 pm

Better start moisturizing...it's gonna get dryer and you don't want eczema. Isn't it cool how fast your skin starts to look better? Mine did the same thing.

Thanks for the tip. I started doing that last night. Hopefully, I get to just ride this clear wave for the next months.

Day 12

No new acne development today. I still have a few pimples on my face, but many are dug deep below my skin. So I don't even know they are there unless I touch my face.

I am still using my Clindamycin and Retin A Micro creams. Although the Clindamycin is beginning to burn on my neck. So, I am avoiding that area.

Last night, I dreamed I was seasoning a chicken. As I added spices, bumps starting growing on the chicken. I tried to rub them away, but they didn't go away. I panicked and threw the chicken in the oven. I hoped that the heat would dry out the bumps, but it only made my chicken dry and bumpy.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/25/2011 5:05 pm

Day 13

Merry Christmas!

Santa brought me 4 pimples today! Three in my trouble area and one inside my ear. Hopefully, the Claravis will put them down quickly.

My skin is still dry. I am continuing applying my topical creams. I am moisturizing for the first time since I began Accutane.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/26/2011 2:38 pm

Day 14

The acne that developed yesterday as already beginning to show signs of drying out. I suspect that if this is part of the IB that if I were on a stronger dose at this point, I would be experiencing something much more crazy.

Nothing new to report, otherwise. My lips and face to continue to be dry. I will continue to use my Clindamycin and Retin A creams. I am still applying a small dab of Cortisone to two cysts on my neck. If the cortisone works, it definitely a long term thing, at least on chronic cysts.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/27/2011 9:25 am

Day 15

I guess its been about two weeks since I started Claravis.Today, I have no acne development. I woke up with some dried blood on the Christmas Day acne. It should be gone within a few short days.

As my derm predicted, my face is beginning to burn when I apply my topical cream, the Clindamycin. This just happened this morning. Thus, I will probably discontinue using it. I'm becoming addicted to Vaniply ointment cream for my dry lips and skin, but mostly for my lips. I need a new application every few hours.

The past few days, I've had some pretty lucid and surreal dreams. I am not sure if this is due to the Claravis or not. I am not a person who "doesn't dream." I actually tend have some pretty cool dreams that resemble movies or novels. However, some of these dreams lately are of a totally new genre that I've not had before. The best I can describe them is like a blend of Escher and Dali.

Last night, I had a scary experience. For a few years now, every once in a while, my back muscles will stiff up after working out. So, I take a muscle relaxer before I go to bed and by the morning, its gone. Last night, I planned to do the same thing. Before I went to bed, I took a hydrocodone.

Within about 40 minutes, I was leaning over the toilet and vomiting. My vomit was mostly liquid. It was pretty violent. I am not sure if it was due to the medicine or the food I ate (beef, lobster tail, & mussels), but it seems that as soon I got rid of remnants of the pill, I felt much better. However, my stomach still feels bit woozy. Tonight, I'm just having soup for dinner.

This will be one of the things I will definitely tell my derm when I see him in 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 12/27/2011 3:19 pm

Wow, that sucks! I just used the interaction checker on drugs.com and accutane does not have any interactions with hydrocodone listed, but maybe that combo just doesn't agree with you. It could also be food poisoning or an icky stomach virus...

During my 2nd month I had a strange food poisoning/medication issue that scared me (it's in my log). I had taken benadryl and melatonin, woke up around midnight with some GI distress and I fainted when I stood up. I was really dizzy and sweaty for about 10 minutes after that, then I was fine but it scared me pretty bad!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/27/2011 5:24 pm

Following your progress as I'm 38 and a week behind you with SUPER oil skin. I'm getting some pretty nasty nodular acne forming so my Dermatologist put be back on Bactrim for maintenance (this is typically what I get not loads of acne on face) he did offer a cortizone shot but will wait it out.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/28/2011 3:09 pm

Wow, that sucks! I just used the interaction checker on drugs.com and accutane does not have any interactions with hydrocodone listed, but maybe that combo just doesn't agree with you. It could also be food poisoning or an icky stomach virus...

During my 2nd month I had a strange food poisoning/medication issue that scared me (it's in my log). I had taken benadryl and melatonin, woke up around midnight with some GI distress and I fainted when I stood up. I was really dizzy and sweaty for about 10 minutes after that, then I was fine but it scared me pretty bad!

Following your progress as I'm 38 and a week behind you with SUPER oil skin. I'm getting some pretty nasty nodular acne forming so my Dermatologist put be back on Bactrim for maintenance (this is typically what I get not loads of acne on face) he did offer a cortizone shot but will wait it out.

Jesoli - I will look into your log to review your experiences. Yesterday, I still felt a bit off. Today, I feel better.

GoHorns - I will keep the Bactrim idea in my back pocket when I go see the doc in January.

Day 16

Yesterday, I was in a restaurant meeting a client for work. Before my client arrived, I looked down to my shirt and was shocked. It looked as if someone had sprinkled powder sugar on my shirt. I went the restroom only to realize that the skin on my face was flaking off.

As I rubbed my chin area, it looked as if I was grating cheese off my face. My scalp too is flaking off. It looks as if I have dandruff. I will have to be mindful of this when I meet clients in the future. Flakes. Flakes everywhere!

My back is aching a bit. Normally, this wouldn't surprise me because of my workouts, but I haven't been working this week. Haven't made the time.

Sleepy. I am getting sleepier earlier in the night. Normally, I can stay up till dawn, but around midnight. I am getting sleepy. Funny, it takes a medicine to alter some RNA in my body to get me to go to sleep at a decent time.

Forecast for tonight - snow off my face!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2011 3:16 pm

I too am worried about the flakes so I started today adding raw oatmeal in a cereal bowl and filling it with warm water in the shower and rubbing the oatmeal all over my face, yes its messy but it will do down the drain, I then get out and dab a cotton ball into the bowl and soak up some of the oatmeal juice and use that as a facial, back and chest toner (forgot the ears they too will dry out). I have some of Dans Jojoba oil and may start using it to exfoliate in the shower

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 12/28/2011 4:15 pm

The peeling will be there for the duration of your treatment, but will come and go. I've been using this stuff called Cure Natural AquaGel from Japan. I learned about it from another member in this forum whose log is titled "I Declare War On Acne!" because she uses it. It's a little pricy, but the bottle is big and you don't need much. It's very gentle. You wash and dry your face, then apply 1-2 pumps over your face and rub gently in a circular motion. All of your dead skin will loosen and form into little beads, then you just rinse all of that off and moisturize. I use it 1-2 times a week to stay fairly flake free. I use it more often on my lips because they tend to peel more & I just can't be walking around with flaky lips because that's just nasty! You can find it on Amazon or Beauty Carousel if you are interested. I think it's worth it because my skin is pretty sensitive, especially while on Accutane, and this does not irritate it at all and keeps me looking nice.

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 12/28/2011 6:55 pm

The peeling will be there for the duration of your treatment, but will come and go. I've been using this stuff called Cure Natural AquaGel from Japan. I learned about it from another member in this forum whose log is titled "I Declare War On Acne!" because she uses it. It's a little pricy, but the bottle is big and you don't need much. It's very gentle. You wash and dry your face, then apply 1-2 pumps over your face and rub gently in a circular motion. All of your dead skin will loosen and form into little beads, then you just rinse all of that off and moisturize. I use it 1-2 times a week to stay fairly flake free. I use it more often on my lips because they tend to peel more & I just can't be walking around with flaky lips because that's just nasty! You can find it on Amazon or Beauty Carousel if you are interested. I think it's worth it because my skin is pretty sensitive, especially while on Accutane, and this does not irritate it at all and keeps me looking nice.

Is that product a exfoliator or moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@sensitisma)

Posted : 12/29/2011 5:25 am

It's an exfoliator, but use use it on clean, towel dry skin. I think the name was sort of lost in translation or something.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/29/2011 3:44 pm

Day 17

I woke up with a dry, almost smooth face. I must've been waking up with an oil-free face for a few days now, but today was the first time I noticed it. I moisturized a lot yesterday evening before I met my client. I wanted to cut back on the flaking.

No new acne development today.

Most of my Christmas Day acne bled out last night, so they've reduced in size. Only one Christmas Day pimple still holds prominence on my face. Other than that, for now, I just have some minor acne bumps on my temple area and some red pigmentation. I'm looking normal, again.

I stopped treating the two cysts on my neck because the skin around my neck is very sensitive now. The cysts are getting much smaller. Probably, the cortisone cream did nothing or at best, very little.

My back still feels a little tight.

Other than that, today is a good day.

Thanks for the feedback.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/30/2011 3:11 pm

Day 18

I noticed that my ears are flaking off as well. At times, my eyes are a little dry too.

Hopefully, I can continue like this for many more days.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 12/31/2011 4:01 pm

Day 19

The last day of the year 2011.

I woke up with one new pimple on my forehead, but it is very small.

Overall, I have 7 pimples on my face right now. Most are on my left temple area. Two are fading away and two more should be gone within a few days. One pimple is so prominent it should be about 1 week before to mellows down.

When I wake up, my face is about 94% oil free, which is amazing. My lips require an almost constant application of any kind of ointment to keep them moist.

Yesterday, I wanted to see how much flake would fall off my face. I rubbed my chin area for about 2 minutes. There was so much dead skin on my shirt. I only stopped rubbing because my skin was getting irritated. I wasn't rubbing that hard either.

If you are reading this and if you are considering taking Accutane in 2012 as some sort of NYE resolution, I say go for it. If you have the financial means to undergo it, don't wait any longer. The sooner you finish your first course of Accutane, the sooner you can tell if you will have to take another course later on in your life. I needed a second course. If you only need one course, then after about 6 months, you will be cured of your acne. Cured in 2012.

So, if you're financially and physically ready, don't sit and suffer any more in 2012.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/01/2012 8:01 pm

Happy New Year!

Day 20

I woke up with blood on two of my pimples. One was in my earlobe. The other was the prominent pimple on my left temple area.

The Claravis has made my skin so dry that I can see the flakes accumulating on my skin before I shake them off.

My New Year's resolution is to get rid of my acne - forever.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/02/2012 8:19 pm

Day 21

Yesterday evening, I noticed a pimple forming on the right side of my face. It was pretty painful throughout the night. This morning I still have the pimple, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

My arms are beginning to get dry. I can see some minor flaking on my arms when I scratch them. I am surprised at what other parts of my body that are feeling dry.

My back is still hurting and my plantar faciitis is acting up as well.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/03/2012 11:52 am

Day 22

No new acne today.

As I woke up, the prominent pimple on my face was bleeding. I must have rubbed it shortly before I woke up. I blotted it down with a cotton ball and some Neosporin to try to stop the bleeding.

I took a half dose of muscle relaxer to help my back feel better. Today, its feeling much better.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/04/2012 12:02 pm

Day 23

I found a pimple on my scalp. Its hard to see it because of my thick hair. It must've been there at least a day.

I still have two cysts on my neck that I've had since late November, but they are smaller. My Christmas Day acne is still present, but fading away. The prominent pimple on my temple area bled out some more throughout the night. So, it has gotten smaller.

The Claravis has made my skin very dry. I can see clumps of flakes on my nose and around my mouth.

I think I am getting sleepier as days go by. I am sleeping longer hours. I am not sure if this is a consequence of the Claravis.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/05/2012 4:40 pm

Day 24

One new pimple developed in my sideburns. It developed yesterday throughout the day. It is always weird to be awake while a pimple is grows.

I think another pimple is growing on the side of my face. I feel a slight pain.

So, in the past few days, I've had a few more pimples develop. This would be the first time I've had some acne develop since Christmas Day, Day 13.

I still continue to apply Micro Retin A every once in a while.

I've reduced my alcohol consumption considerably. I see the doctor in a few days, so I want my liver to nice and strong.

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/06/2012 3:48 am

Did your derm tell you to stop using all those products?

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/06/2012 6:09 pm

Did your derm tell you to stop using all those products?

Ha. Yes, but I use it on my neck cysts, sometimes and some on my chest. I don't think its working anymore.

Day 25

My skin is peeling. Some peels look like little transparent shredded squares of onion peel. They are falling off my face and my earlobes.

I am applying Vaniply to my lips about 1 every 2 hours, sometimes more if I eat or drink something.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/07/2012 9:09 pm

Day 26

Not much difference today. No new acne. My skin kinda looks pretty today.

Been hitting the weights almost daily again. I can't say I sense much pain. My back is feeling better after taking small doses of muscle relaxer and ibuprofen every 8 hours. My plantar faciitis is hurting more, but I do my stretches to relax the tendon.

Lately, I've been taking more naps during the day. I am not sure why I am taking more naps. Besides the Claravis and the decrease in alcohol consumption, I haven't changed my lifestyle too much

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/08/2012 10:39 pm

Day 27

Well, today I woke up with 3 new small pimples. One at the corner of my mouth (I hate those). The other is in one of my 2 trouble areas, my right temple area. The third is on my scalp.

My back continues to ache. I am continuing my dosage of muscle relaxer to see if it calms down.

MemberMember
(@clearly_dreaming)

Posted : 01/09/2012 6:38 pm

Day 28

No new acne today. I think I've been getting a new pimple every other day for about 8 days now. As one comes, another one goes. They aren't lasting as much as they used and they are smaller.

Tomorrow I go see my derm.

My nose is so dry, I can't easily wipe my nose with tissue paper.